Fixing Fights in MMA -or- To Work or Not To Work?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: Fixing Fights in MMA -or- To Work or Not To Work? Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:11 am

I regret that I haven’t been very active on this site this year. I miss most of you and was hoping to see some of you soon. I am sad that I had to come back to ask about a subject as pitiful as this…

Without getting into a detailed rant…mentioning names and burning bridges…How do the rest of you feel about “worked” fights?
    Is there any room for them in MMA?
    I assume it is to help you sell tickets to the ignorant, drunk masses but doesn’t it discredit the ‘sport’?
    Have any of you ever participated in such shenanigans?
    Saturday night I witness the worst case of this I have ever seen.
    I don’t have anything against Professional Wrestling, just label it for what it is. Don’t hype it as real, sell tickets, and then put on a fake show.

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:47 am

In Japan is it is common to organise MMA fights on pro wrestling shows.
    Mostly those are works.
    I saw on LLPW 1998 womens tournament also some fixed match, the final match Shinobu Kandori vs Svetlana Gundarenko.

I don’t like it but as long as the competiveness is there why not?

Don’t forget, nobody knew that Rings Japan begin 90s (before UFC started), were mostly worked/fixed matches.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?