Found some great training in Key West

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

BrawlerBitch
    Post subject: Found some great training in Key West Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:17 am

A girlfriend who is a former Cop put me in touch with a bunch of guy’s that meet every day at a fully outfitted club wit everything needed to train MMA. Many are current or former Cops, Navy or Marines. We meet each day for 3-4 hours and drill in nogi grappling and 2x a week with a Gi. Luckily for me the guy’s are older & experienced and enjoy teaching, so I get alot of 1 on 1 time. No noobs hurting on me.

After a few hours of grappling, those that are involed in the striking sports head to that side of the gym. They are showing me how to work the heavy bag and speed bag. Amazing how much time they spend with me. This is a no fee club & it is all volunteer, so they do it because they want to.

Last week at the gym where I work out at, I met a German chick that was working out at the heavy bag and when she got done training I started asking a few questions. She has competed in Kickboxing & Boxing in the past. She was excited at the idea of having a partner to spar with & asked me to meet her the next day. She went over the basics & we climbed in the ring. She made me work my ass off and ther was no way I am conditioned enought to go the full 3 minutes. She was easy on me & didn’t hit too hard but kept encouraging me to do combinations.

The next day I took her to the club and she got to grapple fo the first time and she is a natural. this girl is quick. She made me work! Because of her work schedule, she can only make it there 2x a week.

We met at the gym yesterday to spar, my wind is better than it was a few days ago and I could go longer. I put on head gear so she wouldn’t have to hold back so much. It was great fun and I love the intensity of Boxing!

It took awhile but it seems that I have great training opertunities here and expect to learn a lot. I seriously thought I was going to have to move to find a place to train, but it is all non-commercial & took a bit of digging to find. I’m getting in 4-6 hours a day of training and am very content. 🙂

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:46 pm
    Instructor

That’s awesome! I’m glad to hear that you’ve found a place to train that you enjoy. I hope that it continues to work for you.

GringaLoca
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:41 pm

BrawlerBitch – I’m in Miami and while I do train at a Muay Thai school regularly, I have no women to train with. Key West is a ways from me, but I would love to come down maybe some weekend at least to check some things out. Can you contact me at kourtm@yahoo.com?

Thanks!

BrawlerBitch
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:12 pm

Excellent!

Well I travel up to Okeechobee every couple of weeks, so I can stop by and train with you. You are always welcome to come to Key West anytime! There’s a girl I train with that has done some competitive kickboxing so we can have “Girls Day” at the club!

GringaLoca
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:52 pm

Great! Let me know when you’re in the area. I would love to have a girl’s day down in Key West. I miss training with girls.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?