G-Shooto 5/6 – MIKU, More

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

derUbermensc
    Post subject: G-Shooto 5/6 – MIKU, More PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:54 pm

From http://www.fightergirls.com

G-Shooto has announced a card for May 6th at Shinjuku FACE in Tokyo, Japan. The card, promoted by G-STYLE, only has two bouts thus far. One of them, Maho Muranami vs. Masako Yoshida is a rematch of their draw from the September 16th, 2005 Shooto event. Also, Miku Matsumoto and Yoko Yamada are scheduled to participate.

Miku Matsumoto competed at the March 11th G-Shooto card in which she fought an exhibition match against former Smackgirl champion Megumi Yabushita.

Yoko Yamada is a former Smackgirl participant who made her G-Shooto debut at the Shinkiba 1st Ring show on February 24th. Yamada is also an All-Japan Women’s Arm Wrestling champion, both in the Left and Right Hand Divisions. At the 2005 World Arm Wrestling Championships held in Tokyo, she won the Women’s 45 KG Right Hand division, and placed second in the Women’s 45 KG Left Hand division.

G-STYLE Presents: G-Shooto
    May 6th, 2006
    Shinjuku FACE
    Tokyo, Japan
    Fight Start: 18:30

Class C+, 48KG, 2R/5M
    Kayo Nagai (Paraestra Tokyo) vs. Ikuko Tamada (Abe Ani Combat Club)

Class C+, 48KG, 2R/5M
    Masako Yoshida (Native Spirit) vs. Maho Muranami (Wajyutsu Keisyukai Toikatsu Dojo)

Also Scheduled To Participate:
    Miku Matsumoto (Club Barbarian)
    Yoko Yamada (Japan Arm Wrestling Federation)
    ——————————————
    What boggles my mind is that Yoshida has more than 10 fights to her name and is a top fighter but for some reason is fighting @ Class C+

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:11 am

Just to revive this, both Class C+ fights are apart of the strawweight tournament and these are semi-finals. Yoshida should have no problem winning this being the most expirienced and most complete fighter in the brackets, while we should expect a classic wrestler vs. sub fighter battle between AACC’s Ikuko Tamada and last year’s Next Ciderella Flyweight champ Kayo Nagai. Both are new to the game sporting 4 or less fight to their name, but both have also proven themselves to be above the rest of the 48kilo stock.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: UPDATEPostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:53 pm

From Complete Vale Tudo Access:

Quote:
    Champion Arm Wrestler Yoko Yamada has finally been confirmed to fight, as was hotly anticipated. She will do battle with Azusa Yasusai of Zendokai Roppongi Dojo. Also, former Smackgirl World Openweight Champion Megumi Yabushita and Misaki Takimoto are expected to appear on the card. This will be Yabushita’s first fight since losing her openweight title to Amanda Buckner by guillotine in the first round. Takimoto will hope to rebound from an armbar loss to the prodigious Megumi Fujii back in February on Shooto’s The Victory of The Truth card.

G-Shooto Japan – May 6th 2006
    Tokyo – Shinjuku FACE

Class C+/48KG/2R 5M/Straweight Tournament Semi-Final

Class C+/48KG/2R 5M/Straweight Tournament Semi-Final
    Masako Yoshida (Native Spirit) vs. Maho Muranami (Wajyutsu Keisyukai Toikatsu Dojo)

Class C+/Catchweight/2R 5M
    Yoko Yamada (Japan Arm-Wrestling Association) vs. Azusa Yasuai (Zendokai Roppongi Dojo)

Scheduled to Participate:
    MIKU (Club Barbarian)
    Megumi Yabushita (SOD Women’s MMA Dojo)
    Misaki Takimoto (Zendokai)
    Eri Kanetari (Wajyutsu Keisyukai A3)
    Ikumi Shibata (Paraestra Asahikawa)

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:36 am
    Pro Fighter

oooh a Keishukai girl is fighting! I don’t know her, though…

oh and I am fighting Megumi Yabushita.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:21 pm

Thanks for the info. This time you’ll have outstanding Shooto judging on your side. I imagine this will be a class B fight at featherweight, no?

Last edited by derUbermensc on Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:36 pm

Which WK gym you trainin at?

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:59 pm

The straweights are ready to go!

Left to Right: Ikuko Tamada, Kayo Nagai, Masako Yoshida, and Maho Muranami

– Tamada is the latest promising new prospect from AACC. Her striking has yet to be seen a favorable light but she’s displayed good grappling skills though her fights admit of some kinks needing to ironed out of her game.

-Kayo Nagai won the Smackgirl 2005 Next Cinderella Tournament @ 48kg beating the living crap out of everyone’s favorite grandma Yukiko Seki. She has to possess some of the best wrestling @ 48kilos. She’s been undefeated since losing to her first fight ever to 2nd best 48kg’er Naoko Ohmuro in 2003, though she did take a year off after the loss.

– Masako Yoshida is the lock to win this tournament. She’s the most expirienced and well-rounded person here. Coming from Club Barbarian, she possesses a well-integrated mix of solid striking and a great guard game. She ‘s not the best top fighter though.

– Maho Muranami I’ve only seen once and absolutely stands out in my mind when I think of her. She’s defnitely the outsider in this group.

Expect a Nagai/Yoshida final with Yoshida outgrappling Nagai from her back or outstriking her while keeping it standing.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:58 pm
    Pro Fighter

I’m with Wajitsu Keishukai Honbu (main dojo). G Shooto hasn’t officially announced it- what is taking them so long? I feel like I’m not important now…oh well, whatever. I’m training hard…too hard. Got sick last week… I want to know who else is fighting. This thing is two weeks away…

derUbermensc
    Post subject: NEW FIGHT ADDEDPostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:25 pm

FromCompelete Vale Tudo Access:

Quote:
    A Flyweight bout has been added to the May 6th card as Misaki Takimoto, last seen losing via technical submission to Megumi Fujii on Shooto’s The Victory of the Truth card in February, takes on Youko, a studend of Ayumu “GoZo” Shioda at Tokyo’s Paraestra Hachioji gym.

G-STYLE Presents: G-Shooto
    May 6th, 2006
    Shinjuku FACE
    Tokyo, Japan
    Doors Open: 18:00
    Fight Start: 18:30

Straweight Tournament Semifinal
    Class C+, 48KG, 2R 5M

Straweight Tournament Semifinal
    Class C+, 48 KG, 2R 5M

Class C+, 47 KG, 2R 5M
    Yoko Yamada (Japan Arm-Wrestling Association) vs. Azusa Yasuai (Zendokai Roppongi Dojo)

Class C+, 51 KG, 2R 5M
    Youko (Paraestra Hachioji) vs. Misaki Takimoto (Zendokai Headquarters)

Class B, 60 KG, 2R 5M
    Roxanne Modafferi (Wajyutsu Keisyukai Tokyo Headquarters) vs. Megumi Yabushita (SOD Women’s MMA Dojo)

Scheduled to Participate
    MIKU Matsumoto (Club Barbarian)
    Eri Kanetari (Wajyutsu Keisyukai A3)
    Ikumi Shibata (Paraestra Asahikawa)

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:34 pm

From Complete Vale Tudo Access:

Quote:
    Promoter G-STYLE has officially added a bout between Roxanne Modafferi and Megumi Yabushita to the MAy 5th G-Shooto card at Shinjuku FACE.

Modafferi herself told Complete Vale Tudo Access she would be facing the former Openweight Champion of Smackgirl, and it was only a matter of time before the bout was officially announced. The bout will take place at a catch weight of 62 kilograms.

Your worries are over. Why the catchweight?

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:12 am
    Pro Fighter

what does catch weight mean?

I asked for 62 because I wasn’t sure I’d have been able to cut..turns out I’m like 61 now…

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:03 pm

Rox21 wrote:
    what does catch weight mean?

I asked for 62 because I wasn’t sure I’d have been able to cut..turns out I’m like 61 now…

Catch weight just means a non-official weight agreed upon by both fighters to compete at. SG doesn’t have a 62kilo class, hence, its a catchweight. And stop quitting before you start. I better not see resonances of this attitude in the ring 🙂

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:37 am
    Pro Fighter

Actually, I have a really hard time gaining muscle, so…I usually cut weight wrong, and since I was trying to gain I changed my diet etc, so therefore I didn’t want to sacrifice diet for muscle. Has nothing to do with quitting! I”M GOING TO KICK BUTT RAAAARRRR 😈 😈 😈 😈

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:49 pm

Rox21 wrote:
    Actually, I have a really hard time gaining muscle, so…I usually cut weight wrong, and since I was trying to gain I changed my diet etc, so therefore I didn’t want to sacrifice diet for muscle. Has nothing to do with quitting! I”M GOING TO KICK BUTT RAAAARRRR 😈 😈 😈 😈

That’s the spirit!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?