Germaine De Randamie going into MMA!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Vincent Gottschalk
    Post subject: Germaine De Randamie going into MMA! Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:01 am

She is 36-0 in kickboxing and just knocked out a man in a boxing match, and I heard that she is thinking about fighting in MMA, How do you guys think she will do. ❓

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:44 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Clearly, she would be one of the most feared strikers in the game. (Check out the video below in which she completely destroys Angela Parr, who is an excellent fighter in her own right.) Of course, to become one of the “elite” fighters in women’s MMA, she would need to add in a decent ground game.

Vincent Gottschalk
    Post subject: The subjectPostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:19 pm

Yes I too think she would be a real force in woman MMA if she gets a ground game. She’s also young too at 23 so she has lots of time learn ground work and fight in MMA while still in her prime.
    Right now she is about to bust Rijkers record in womens kickboxing, so I think she will be looking for new worlds to conquer ones she does that, either in MMA or boxing.
    Or Germaine might start fighting men in kickboxing something Rijker was unsuccessful at doing when she tried her hand intergender combat.
    How do you think Germaine will do vs med level male kickboxing opponents? Do think she is strong enough and skilled enough to take on guys?
    Also what weight in pounds does she fight at? she looks about 135 to 147 pounds to me. 😀

holddown
    Post subject: here are a few morePostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:47 am

she looks pretty tough and unbeatable. there is a bit of blood as she does not let up. brutal knees.

Vincent Gottschalk
    Post subject: Her KOing Tom WeasPostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:29 am

She also has good fire power in terms of punching power. Here’s Gemaine knocking out Tom Waes with short left hook scoring a one punch knock out of man who had 20 pounds on her.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:39 am

*smile* well it is no secret i am also very high on Germaine. i believe she is even better than Lucia based on her age and the advanced level of female fighters now compared to when Lucia was kickboxing…

first things she will likely be working on are ground defense, neutralization, guard passing, etc…and could then already beat most girls imo similar to what Gina has been doing. from there she would just continue to add more ground as she transitions and moves up…

as far as beating top male fighters, yes i think she can beat many lower to mid level guys at her weight, but when you start moving into like the top 20 it starts to become *very* difficult. it is still possible in a very rare exception and in lower weight classes but will never change the rule or be a consistent type deal…

and yes Germaine is right on target in that weight range, should be able to float 135-145 without any prob…

Rebel
    Post subject: Re: GermainePostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:21 am

Germaine has the perfect body type for stand up and is an very good striker.

Love to see Germaine and Gina mix it up.

Concerning Tom, the man she boxed, what was his back ground – untrained, some training, etc.?

Rebel

Vincent Gottschalk
    Post subject: Tom Waes infoPostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:35 am

He was a actor who was training four three months in boxing for his fight with Germaine, Here a link that a little on the fight and pictures. 😀

Vincent Gottschalk
    Post subject: Germaine roadPostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:07 am

I wonder what road Germaine will take women’s MMA or womens boxing or staying at kickboxing and fighting both girls and guys. I think there is at this point a lot more money in womans boxing then MMA specially in Europe were boxing is big and they really push womens boxing more so the here in the USA and were Germaine has a fan base from kickboxing.
    As for Germaine fighting men it will be interestling to see how far she can go and what level of male fighter she take on with success.
    As for Germaine being better then Rijker you might be right I always thought Rijker was better boxer then kickboxer. In Kickboxing Rijker seem to use more brute force then skill to over come her female foes something that worked against her when he fought a man.
    To bad Rijker boxing career never really took off, I don’t think her heart was never really into it she was just looking for a big pay day with bout with Christy Martain and using that as spring board into showbiz :roll

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:18 am

yeah i think maybe 3-5 years ago it may have been boxing but by far most transitions will now be into MMA. in fact, i’ve got lots of girls wanting to go from boxing to MMA and none that i can recall the other way around…

i don’t think Germaine would ever fight guys regularly but *might* want to challenge herself once or twice against a top male. and yes Gina/Germaine could be great, interesting that it would be MMA instead of MT tho. the main difference between the two, Germaine i feel is better stand-up right now…however, she has about 5 years more ring time and is a trainoholic, whereas Gina has not really trained (conditioning) near her potential up to this point, hopefully she is starting…

with Lucia i agree it’s unfortunate she was like waiting for Martin who never really had much chance of winning anyway. i think a much better fight and challenge would have been Ali vs Rijker a few years ago even tho Laila has the size advantage, Lucia was so good and strong for her size would have made it very intriguing and marketable…

Vincent Gottschalk
    Post subject: MMA and boxingPostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:58 pm

Oh do run a gym that trains women in MMA? Are you a fighter? Glad to hear that womens MMA is hot right now with women, I think in many ways it’s a superior form of self defence for women then boxing or kickboxing sence it more closer in style to what would you be doing if attacked on the street.
    Yes it’s sad that women’s boxing has sort of fizzled out and lost the momentum had in the late 1990’s I used to pay close attention to it but with big fights like Rijker vs Martin and then Ali vs Wolfe never taking place for one reason or other I kind of lost enthusiasm for it.
    Gina vs Germaine would a good fight but don’t think Showtime is ready to risk the Face Of Woman MMA against The Iron Lady yet.
    And I don’t think thats a bad thing let Gina be a the flag ship of womans MMA much like Laila Ali was for womens Boxing to bring MMA a wider audience and both men and women. Then after a while it be OK to risk Gina’s record vs some one like Germaine.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:48 pm

yeah she is a good flagship but really i think there’s room for plenty of flagships which will continue growing the sport that much more. look at the men’s side, there are already so many and that number just keeps growing, Chuck, Tito, Randy, Fedor, Josh, Rampage, newer guys Forrest, Kimbo the list goes on and on…all “faces of” men’s mma in their own right and that number could virtually be limitless. Germaine would just add another interest generating layer and that many more potentially excellent match-ups for bigger cards with different existing and new orgs…

actually i don’t think Germaine would want Gina yet if she gets taken to the ground it’s that same scenario, she’s also gotta develop some ground first or it ruins the match and build-up imo. me i’m kinda becoming a ‘jill of all trades’ but one of the main goals being to transition as many girls as possible into training, fighting and self-defense…

cosmic
    Post subject: Re: here are a few morePostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:39 pm

holddown wrote:
    she looks pretty tough and unbeatable. there is a bit of blood as she does not let up. brutal knees.

I like her technique and style. good fighter for sure. (I don’t think she looks unbeatable though. )

I think the japanese girl did very well…considering the big height/reach difference. (a few nice catching the kick and take her down).

Thanks for posting vids

Vincent Gottschalk
    Post subject: More on Germaine fight with a manPostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:20 pm

Here’s link were they talk more about Germaine fight with a guy.

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:58 pm

Any real source on Germaine going into mma or is this just speculation?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?