Gina Carano vs Debi Purcell

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

chad
    Post subject: Gina Carano vs Debi Purcell Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:16 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

I was talking to the promoter for Elite because they had contacted us several time to have Debi Purcell fight on their card..

This is their offer:
    Sign Debi a 3 fight contract 1 year to fight on the undercard to build her name up to be as big as Gina’s then maybe Debi might get the chance to fight Gina.

My counter: lets get Gina and Debi to fight! 1 fight deal winner takes all! IFL has tried to get them Gina’s team declined due to contract with Elite but also told IFL that they were in contact with Debi to have her fight Gina on Elite (Not True).

Promoter Elite: we need to build Debi’s name she is not known and Gina is every were and also the face of MMA.

Questions or comments?? Feel free!

SURFINGGRACIE
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:08 am

BUILD MS. PURCELL UP? WHAT A JOKE. SHE IS DOING EVERYTHING SHE CAN TO BRING WOMAN’S MMA TO THE FOREFRONT BY APPEARING IN EVERY NATIONAL MEDIA OUTLET THAT SHE CAN.

MY TAKE ON THE CARANO SITUATION IS AS FOLLOWS:

1. I’VE NEVER REALLY SEEN CARANO BAD MOUTH ANYONE. SHE WAS HANDED A GREAT SITUATION AND IS RUNNING WITH IT.
    2. I BELIEVE ALOT OF WHAT’S HAPPENING IS UPPER LEVEL SHOWTIME AND PROTECTING A NAME BRAND.
    3. THEY CREATED A WEIGHT CLASS THAT THE CHAMPION DOESN’T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO MAKE AND HAD HER FIGHT OPPONENTS THAT WEIGH ALOT LESS AT FIGHT TIME.
    4. WHAT’S ODD IS THE USUALLY WHEN A MAJOR COMPANY (HBO, CBS ETC.) SHOWCASES A FIGHTER IT IS SOMEONE WHO IS ESTABLISHED, NOT SOMEONE WHO IS LEARNING THEIR CRAFT AS THEY ARE BUILT AS THE FACE OF MMA.
    5. REMEMBER HBO KEPT TYSON IN SAFE FIGHTS UNTIL THEY UNDERESTIMATED DOUGLAS. THIS WILL PROBABLY HAPPEN WITH CARANO. HER LIST OF OPPONENTS ARE VERY LIMITED.
    6. EVERY FIGHT I SEE CARANO IMPROVING BUT ONE THING THAT MIGHT HURT HER IS SHE HAS FOUGHT 3 MINUTE ROUNDS HER ENTIRE CAREER (THAI KICKBOXING, MMA ETC.) AND HAS PROBABLY DEVELOPED MUSCLE MEMORY AND A MIND SET TO GO WITH THIS AMOUNT OF MINUTES. IF SOMEONE CAN GET HER TO AGREE TO 5 MINUTE ROUNDS YOU MAY SEE A VERY DIFFERENT FIGHT.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:25 am

SG, some EliteXCellent points…although with tyson he self-destructed more than anything, i know this from people first hand what actually happened, and this could happen with anyone including gina. you can be the most talented fighter ever but if you stop training, lose the fire, drive and self-discipline anyone can self-destruct. liddell is doing some of that now imo.

as for this deal, i think it sounds pretty reasonable. debi is well known within mma circles but not as much yet with more mainstream showtime audience. meanwhile she will be getting paid for fights that will lessen the inactivity factor and building up the hype for a main event bigger deal with gina. i think debi’s loss to akano was an example, training is not the same as fighting, and do not believe she would have lost that fight had she been more active. it’s a tough call though. i think deb is one of the very few who does have a chance of beating gina…but, gina is far better than akano imo, particularly striking and will prob start actually getting into shape this time 😉 …so the inactivity factor would make it very difficult to win, but at the same time, the longer the wait the more solid gina’s ground game will get. double-edged sword situation but great matchup any way you slice it.
    Last edited by GFC on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:56 am
    Pro Fighter

It’s the same thing that the UFC like to do when they get fighters from a different organization. Even if the fighter is well known within the MMA community, they want to build his reputation within their own brand so that their viewers are interested in and look forward to the big match ups. They don’t throw them in with their stars for their first fight with the organization. Can you see Dana agreeing to sign Fedor for a one fight deal to fight Randy?

These people are in the entertainment business. However irritating the “face of women’s MMA” line may be, and however frustrating it is from a fighter’s point of view, from an entertainment point of view it makes perfect sense.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:10 pm

rosi, absolutely about entertainment…but, gina and deb will still have 3 extra fights and as long as both are confident shouldn’t matter whether now or at the end of next year, it’s obviously a bigger fight for everyone that way. if deb wins now they’ll just play it off that gina is still transitioning, which is true, so no biggie and continue the climb, losing to debi would never be a disaster she’s already known to be a top fighter. and if debi loses now the inactivity factor can be used which will diminish the credibility of gina’s win but won’t really hurt deb either because gina is a top fighter as well. but after a few more fights it will be harder to use transitioning as an excuse for gina or the inactivity excuse for deb. it’s a good deal, but then what about the deb/amanda prospect, that’s a choice matchup right there all on it’s own…

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:14 pm

I say sign the 3 fight deal, this is as awesome opportunity for Debi to showcase her skills to a whole new audience, because as crazy as it sounds to those within the “MMA community”, EliteXC is right……Gina is more well known then Debi. In fact, Gina is probably the most well known female MMA fighter on the planet right now. What you must remember is that probably 95% of EliteXC’s viewers had never seen a female MMA fight before watching Gina and Julie. Its kinda like tennis before Anna Kournikova, unless you were a true fan of women’s tennis, you didn’t know it existed until she came along. People started tuning in just to see her, but then they realized…..hey, these ladies can really play and now women’s tennis is big time. Female MMA is at that same point and once people start tuning in they’ll realize…..hey, these ladies can really fight! 😉

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:32 pm

very nice analogy, except anna k was never really a top player, i’d say more like a female tiger woods on the rise… 😉

ShdwPrwler wrote:
    I say sign the 3 fight deal, this is as awesome opportunity for Debi to showcase her skills to a whole new audience, because as crazy as it sounds to those within the “MMA community”, EliteXC is right……Gina is more well known then Debi. In fact, Gina is probably the most well known female MMA fighter on the planet right now. What you must remember is that probably 95% of EliteXC’s viewers had never seen a female MMA fight before watching Gina and Julie. Its kinda like tennis before Anna Kournikova, unless you were a true fan of women’s tennis, you didn’t know it existed until she came along. People started tuning in just to see her, but then they realized…..hey, these ladies can really play and now women’s tennis is big time. Female MMA is at that same point and once people start tuning in they’ll realize…..hey, these ladies can really fight! 😉

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:49 pm

Most people seem to forget that Anna was actually ranked 8th in the world at one point and had it not been for the Williams sisters, she might even had won a tournament or two. Oh, and I’ll tell you what…..if she beats Debi, then I’ll compare her to Tiger Woods. 😆

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:08 pm

💡
    Last edited by GFC on Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:13 pm

hehehe…true, notice how i said “on the rise”…she’s not there yet in my book either, potentially and performance-wise is one thing, but you still gotta beat the best to be the best. 😉
    ShdwPrwler wrote:
    Most people seem to forget that Anna was actually ranked 8th in the world at one point and had it not been for the Williams sisters, she might even had won a tournament or two. Oh, and I’ll tell you what…..if she beats Debi, then I’ll compare her to Tiger Woods. 😆

abuckner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:40 pm
    Pro Fighter

How do they plan on building up Debi’s name if she’s on the undercard for a year? If I’m not mistaken the undercard fights are only shown to those that go seek them out on the website. Building up Debi’s name is kind of bizarre reasoning on their part I think. They are obviously not trying to build a womens division, they’re trying to build a Gina division, which is fine and I’m sure serves them well from an entertainment point of view. But like I said, it’s bizarre to use the “building up Debi’s name” reasoning when they do absolutely no promotion for women that fight for them outside of Gina. But at the same time it seems like Debi’s biggest problem has been finding women willing to fight her and Showtime seems to have some if they’re offering her a contract so it might be worth taking it just for that reason alone. I can’t imagine the money they’re offering is to terrible.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:17 pm

either way it’s good exposure…bodog also shows fights online and the internet is fairly popular now. shayna and jan fought without gina…but, it’s a benefit to fight with gina because she’s popular outside of showtime’s promotion with all her other work, tv, endorsements etc. people tune-in to see her so that not only benefits them but also anyone who fights her. it showcased julie and tonya very well and fairly i think. tara also gets a bit more hype and fancy promos too because she’s bodog’s top girl. debi would be too i think but just has not been getting the fight offers. yes it would be great if elite opened up some more divisions or added more female fights to each card, which looks to be what they may be doing with debi’s proposal.

i don’t see bodog offering debi anything with tara (which is a *known* deal) not that i’m anti-bodog far from it but sh*t happens both ways…

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:50 pm

This is true Bodog is not offering Debi a Deal…. But bodgog put amanda against tara and also kelly… good talent and great fights!!

Honestly to me Gina was brought in by a company to make $$$ she really does not fight well cannot make weight… I am also tired of promoters asking us for scubs for her to fight… The face of MMA hahaha these fighters on this forum have been here for years fighting she just started..what about all the list of female fighters that have been fighting for years??

This is called fixed fighting and from the start I will not tolerate this!!! Do you still wonder why you cannot get a fight with Gina?? you must have some ground game and you will beat her!! Randy I sure hope they pay you well to teach basic grappling 101 hahaha!

Blow smoke up the people that don’t know female MMA or Elite go back to your boxing!!!

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:30 pm

Like Elite XC built up Kedzie or Evinger? Put Debi on for 1 fight. If she kicks ass then put her against Gina. Baszler already won in Elite XC and they didn’t put her against Gina. Purcell vs. Baszler, winner gets Carano. Anything less is chickenshit.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:42 pm

satanico wrote:
    Like Elite XC built up Kedzie or Evinger? Put Debi on for 1 fight. If she kicks ass then put her against Gina. Baszler already won in Elite XC and they didn’t put her against Gina. Purcell vs. Baszler, winner gets Carano. Anything less is chickenshit.
    Here is an example!! they are not going to risk Gina to lose!! Elite has also not kept up with their contract with Julie so remember what you sign may not be real

cosmic
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:19 pm

abuckner wrote:
    How do they plan on building up Debi’s name if she’s on the undercard for a year? If I’m not mistaken the undercard fights are only shown to those that go seek them out on the website. Building up Debi’s name is kind of bizarre reasoning on their part I think. They are obviously not trying to build a womens division, they’re trying to build a Gina division, which is fine and I’m sure serves them well from an entertainment point of view. But like I said, it’s bizarre to use the “building up Debi’s name” reasoning when they do absolutely no promotion for women that fight for them outside of Gina. But at the same time it seems like Debi’s biggest problem has been finding women willing to fight her and Showtime seems to have some if they’re offering her a contract so it might be worth taking it just for that reason alone. I can’t imagine the money they’re offering is to terrible.
    I totally agree

it seems its in elite xc ‘s best interest to have gina winning the fights (no fault of gina’s)….cause of the male following she now has…if she were to lose then would they continue to show women’s fights on their main card?? they just want to make money.

heaven forbid could the audience actually be enjoying the great fights that women seem to bring…or are they just interested in tits and ass.

(I think more and more people are actually enjoying the womens fights)

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:46 pm

ahhh..hahaha…julie kedzie is a scrub? tonya, rosi??? very cute and nice try chad don’t blame ya for tryin before gina’s ground gets too deep with randy. 😉

julie *just* beat kelly convincingly who gave tara ALL she could handle (is tara a scrub too? lol) and gina bounced julie around the cage like a ragdoll *before* she had ground…you can NOT do that to a julie kedzie and not be a great fighter. and everyone knows it and already clearly knows what a superior level striker gina is so…that’s why they brought gina in, they wanted a tiger woods of women’s mma and she has delivered and it’s great for the entire sport…if gina were no good what would that make julie and rosi who she beat before she even had ground with randy? see what i’m saying, don’t lose your good credible points by overdoing preposterous claims…gina is that good that’s what makes the matches with deb, tara, rox, amanda, shayna so great potentially and marketable…

so hey if you are really that confident simply take the 3 fight deal and let’s see what happens. 🙂

seriously tho, if you have issues with elite that’s cool but it’s not fair to take it out on gina…don’t worry, to remain credible she will eventually have to fight all the other top girls anyway and then we’ll find out…

Last edited by GFC on Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:52 pm

well, kedzie/carano was one of the most entertaining female mma bouts ever. and plenty (most all) of the girls in the sport are “hot” in their own ways so ‘t&a’ that’s not really an issue…or, is anyone asserting the other women in the sport are not attractive? that’s not very nice or accurate imo…
    cosmic wrote:
    abuckner wrote:
    I totally agree

it seems its in elite xc ‘s best interest to have gina winning the fights (no fault of gina’s)….cause of the male following she now has…if she were to lose then would they continue to show women’s fights on their main card?? they just want to make money.

heaven forbid could the audience actually be enjoying the great fights that women seem to bring…or are they just interested in tits and ass.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:10 am

ok, i like this one and agree with you chad and satanico…not sure what elite xc will do but they will have to have gina fight the other top girls or lose credibility…but, julie was risky too and it didn’t matter…it’s not an issue with gina it’s elite xc’s deal…but bodog is doing even worse not even offering deb any fight deal with tara since that is a known long time matchup that has been called for…so elite and bodog both have their issues, what’s new, they are both still doing positive things to promote women’s mma…and *always* check your contracts no matter who you are dealing with, that’s standard practice and common sense throughout the fight business…

personally i love and respect deb but with the inactivity going in first fight back against gina who’s a buzzsaw right now would be suicide, look what happened even with akano. amanda will be hella tough enough for a first fight back as it is, then if she wins or it’s close should get her shot a tara.

on the other side i think shayna deserves the next shot at gina since she beat jan on their same showtime card it makes sense. gina thought she was fighting shayna and was lookin forward to it but from what i heard shayna was tied up all thru aug which would have left her tight on prep time which would have not been fair to her or the fight. meanwhile rox could fight porto, winner of those 2 fight next. then the big bodog/elite xc crossover fight with whoever’s left on top….

chad wrote:
    satanico wrote:
    Here is an example!! they are not going to risk Gina to lose!! Elite has also not kept up with their contract with Julie so remember what you sign may not be real
    Last edited by GFC on Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

holddown
    Post subject: DEBI would know her the **** outPostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:09 am

that is the bottom line. no doubt about it. Gina would not last a round and trust me she woulld not look so pretty at the end of it either. Debbie is un-beatble by her any day, any time, any rules.

they used to say put up or shot up. well no one is putting up.

GFC
    Post subject: Re: DEBI would know her the **** outPostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:47 am

no-one is unbeatable, whether deb, gina, tara, or anyone else…and i just mentioned even akano beat deb which was her last fight, deb’s last win was 5 years ago against nicole albrect. i’m a firm believer in deb’s particular case records don’t tell the true story, but in reality and on paper elite has no clue where she might be at this point and gina is the most dangerous striker in women’s mma right now so that’s just silly…although, you’re certainly entitled to your opinion as well and know you’re a huge debaholic which is very cool. but i think deb needs at least 1 fight back to gauge where she is before fighting tara or gina…either shayna which was mentioned or amanda and see where she is…and come to think of it, maybe akano is good next fight for gina since she beat deb…ahhhhkano 🙂

holddown wrote:
    that is the bottom line. no doubt about it. Gina would not last a round and trust me she woulld not look so pretty at the end of it either. Debbie is un-beatble by her any day, any time, any rules.

cosmic
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:40 am

I wasn’t implying that there are not other women equally or more attractive and as good (or better) than gina. I agree there are plenty of other girls. that wasn’t my point.
    hope all is cool.

GFC wrote:
    well, kedzie/carano was one of the most entertaining female mma bouts ever. and plenty (most all) of the girls in the sport are “hot” in their own ways so ‘t&a’ that’s not really an issue…or, is anyone asserting the other women in the sport are not attractive? that’s not very nice or accurate imo…
    cosmic wrote:
    abuckner wrote:
    I totally agree

cosmic
    Post subject: Re: DEBI would know her the **** outPostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:43 am

you have some good points. perhaps 1 fight to show everyone what she is made of…
    but they might get even more scared off after she steam rolls her first opponent!!!!!

GFC wrote:
    no-one is unbeatable, whether deb, gina, tara, or anyone else…and i just mentioned even akano beat deb which was her last fight, deb’s last win was 5 years ago against nicole albrect. i’m a firm believer in deb’s particular case records don’t tell the true story, but in reality and on paper elite has no clue where she might be at this point and gina is the most dangerous striker in women’s mma right now so that’s just silly…although, you’re certainly entitled to your opinion as well and know you’re a huge debaholic which is very cool. but i think deb needs at least 1 fight back to gauge where she is before fighting tara or gina…either shayna which was mentioned or amanda and see where she is…and come to think of it, maybe akano is good next fight for gina since she beat deb…ahhhhkano 🙂

holddown wrote:

😆

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:12 am

cosmic wrote:
    I wasn’t implying that there are not other women equally or more attractive and as good (or better) than gina. I agree there are plenty of other girls. that wasn’t my point.
    hope all is cool.
    cos…

of course everything is cool, i just don’t go for this whole “looks are the reason” thing you know…erin got that a lot too. laila as well in boxing until she started proving people wrong by beating everyone, they said the same thing about her. now gina is going thru it. there are tons of attractive fighters so that’s not it or they would be “chosen” too, some think i’m kinda cute but i don’t like that characterization to overshadow anything else…gina is one of the best that’s why she’s where she is…if she sucked and lost all those fights her looks wouldn’t help her win. who’s the best we’ll have see once all the fights take place. and i think they’d *love* it if deb steamrolled her tune-up fights that’s the whole point of building up hype. elite xc or bodog may do things for promo or whatever reasons, but trust me, gina is the type that if it moves and has teeth to knock out she’d fight it, and i think deb is prob the same way…

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:37 am

abuckner wrote:
    They are obviously not trying to build a womens division, they’re trying to build a Gina division, .
    (A cat sneaks in and whispers “damn straight” and thinks…

—How about to squeez ProErite/ShowTime`s huge wallet for Debi`s fame among common ppl who doesnt know her name and fight for 1 year? Just DON`T let them call Debi`s Fight “Under card”. Thats totally ridiculous.

and the cat runs away)

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:43 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

I like Gina,

She is a nice person. I think she has years of training ahead of her before she has the skills to beat the top-level girls, or will be the actual face of women’s MMA. If I was given the fight I would win, inactive or not, and I am more then happy to prove it !

I think people are so upset, because many women have slaved away to make their game TOP level, and have been through HELL to pave the way for other women (Gina) to be taken seriously and have a chance to fight on big shows,

They have not had weight classes created for them, or special rules or hand picked opponents, money, fame or anything else that Gina enjoys so it is frustrating to many of the other women who helped create the opportunities to be SHUT OUT because we have too much skill, and a huge slap in the face

I think Gina would be a fool to NOT take all she has been given; any of us would include me. However lets be realistic on things folks. They have NO intention of building me up, they want me to shut up and go away LOL…

Well I am neither going away nor shutting up. I am fighting Oct 8th in Philippines against TOP level competition and will prove my worth the good old fashion way. And I have every intention of calling out every person who ducks me. why shouldnt I after all.

Rosi. NO one else Gina has fought has had to be built, so that is a complete joke..

G about Akano lol. Yeah I looked so terrible against her.

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:51 am

For Gina

Tara,
    Amanda,
    Akano,
    Erin,
    ANYONE

btw of course I am not unbeatable. but I am duckable ;P and Im excited to be back in the ring. I do not consider akano a loss anyway. so in all actuality I did not lose my last fight

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:54 am

Besides
    Showtime said NO one reads this silly little web site,

Kind of Ironic that this silly little web site helped create an opportunity for the show to have women on it LOL

Amanda I was talking to headblade yesterday and told them they should sponsor you. I am sorry the new site is not up yet but we want the data base finshed before we go

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:57 am

paw! i’m surprised at you..hahaha

ok, if elite would be doing something like this i agree it’s totally f’d…it makes no sense for them to do this even if it’s “all about gina” because competitive fights are what really sells like kedzie/carano…they might as well just have gina commentate or host an interview show. no-one is going to want to watch her just blow through a bunch of cans. i think they just started with gina but would naturally be looking to build up another “gina(s)” as well to create a big climax match. you can’t have ali/frazier without a frazier…can’t have a hagler/hearns without a hearns. i think there is too much assuming what their plans are and not enough verification from the horses mouth…an “official” spokesperson or rep is needed to explain what their goals are or this is all merely biased hearsay and speculation…
    koolpaw wrote:
    abuckner wrote:
    They are obviously not trying to build a womens division, they’re trying to build a Gina division, .
    (A cat sneaks in and whispers “damn straight” and thinks…

—How about to squeez ProErite/ShowTime`s huge wallet for Debi`s fame among common ppl who doesnt know her name and fight for 1 year? Just DON`T let them call Debi`s Fight “Under card”. Thats totally ridiculous.

and the cat runs away)

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:19 am

deb, i suppose it’s how one chooses to look at things, what gina is doing now is also helping the fighters who slaved before her, and does it with respect…i think it should be a mutual effort and understanding. what elite xc or bodog chooses to do are separate issues. she has worked very hard to get where she is and folks seem to forget she had an entire previous pro fighting career (add 12 pro wins total 17 pro W’s which is more than tara or any other female) sure it was standup so it technically doesn’t count on mma record but the reality is the work was put in and skills were earned the hard way just like everyone else, and standup is a vital part of the game and one of your strongest assets as well. i would love to see you fight gina and hopefully will soon. i will say you are without question underestimating how good she is and you will see very soon when she beats other top girls (if not you) as she did with julie and rosi…of course, i would expect you to say you’d win that is the confidence of the fighter you are. i think the akano fight was close but also feel you certainly did not lose, but…gina is far better than akano now and if you don’t think so then i believe you’ll have a nice surprise in store from Team Couture. 😉
    Last edited by GFC on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:27 am

Hi Debi – This is awesome news. May I ask who the top level competition is? Thanks and of course, best wishes in this fight.
    >>>Well I am neither going away nor shutting up. I am fighting Oct 8th in Philippines against TOP level competition and will prove my worth the good old fashion way.<<<

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:44 am

GFC wrote:
    of course everything is cool, i just don’t go for this whole “looks are the reason” thing you know…erin got that a lot too. laila as well in boxing until she started proving people wrong by beating everyone, they said the same thing about her. now gina is going thru it. there are tons of attractive fighters so that’s not it or they would be “chosen” too, some think i’m kinda cute but i don’t like that characterization to overshadow anything else…
    Laila Ali never proved she was the best. Lucia Rijker called her out forever. Ann Wolfe. Leatitia Robinson. Ali ducked them all. She just created a myth for uninformed fans that she beat everyone. I think Elite XC wants to manage Carano the same way. That’s what happens without mandatory challengers.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:53 am

both wolfe and robinson would get ko’d laila is far too fast and i like wolfe but she has a weak chin and has been ko’d and beaten by far lesser fighters that laila beat…also doesn’t have the movement to deal with ali, it would be ali/foreman but even worse…laila’s camp offered wolfe a deal and her camp wanted more cut, lucia is too small for laila you see what happened to christy martin and lucia disappears but would still prob have the best shot of any of them to win, because she’s also the best p4p ever imo…but, ali would never duck her or anyone else and is still without question a proven top fighter, not sure about best ever but she’s up in that league, which was my point it’s certainly not an issue of her “looks.”
    satanico wrote:
    GFC wrote:
    of course everything is cool, i just don’t go for this whole “looks are the reason” thing you know…erin got that a lot too. laila as well in boxing until she started proving people wrong by beating everyone, they said the same thing about her. now gina is going thru it. there are tons of attractive fighters so that’s not it or they would be “chosen” too, some think i’m kinda cute but i don’t like that characterization to overshadow anything else…
    Laila Ali never proved she was the best. Lucia Rijker called her out forever. Ann Wolfe. Leatitia Robinson. Ali ducked them all. She just created a myth for uninformed fans that she beat everyone. I think Elite XC wants to manage Carano the same way. That’s what happens without mandatory challengers.

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:02 am
    Pro Fighter

Quote:
    Rosi. NO one else Gina has fought has had to be built, so that is a complete joke..
    Maybe they think that a fight with you would be worth building up for.

You might very well be right – that it is just another way of avoiding giving you the fight. I have no idea. I’m not sticking up for them by any means.

I’m just suggesting that it’s not unheard of for organizations to do the same thing with other fighters who are already accomplished and respected within the MMA community.

I’m not taking sides. Just saying what I see. I don’t have any hidden agendas, points to prove, axes to grind, chips on my shoulder, or bees in my bonnet. In fact grinding an axe with a chip on your shoulder and a bee in your bonnet is undignified, potentially painful and probably best avoided. 😉
    Last edited by Rosi on Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:23 am

well it would be nice to know the answer from the source, they must have a reason and it shouldn’t be a top secret issue. let’s not presume what it is for sure unless we find out…we can guess tho, it certainly could be what rosi suggested, they feel you are worth building up for, could also be the inactivity issue, all the other fighters were currently active. they have no way of knowing where you’re at since it’s been so long so a few tune-up fights would seem reasonable to assess and build up to a bigger fight same as they built up gina herself…

Rosi wrote:
    Quote:
    Maybe they think that a fight with you would be worth building up for.

You might very well be right – that it is just another way of avoiding giving you the fight. I have no idea. As I’ve posted in other places, I’m not that impressed with the way EliteXC are running their “women’s division”, so I’m not sticking up for them by any means.

I’m just suggesting that it’s not unheard of for organizations to do the same thing with other fighters who are already accomplished and respected within the MMA community.

I’m not taking sides, I don’t have an agenda, or a point to prove, just saying what I see. <shrugs>

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:56 am

I do not under estimate ANYONE
    I tell it like it is, and the fact is Gina has limited wrestling skills and minimal ground. it take years to build these.

If you want to be marketed as the best then fight the best its really that simple. Tara does it why not Gina.
    I hope I am proven wrong, BUt we both know that’s not going to happen LOL. So in reality there is no argument . Save it for when she fights the top competition. Akano inlcuded..

Rosi, I know 😉 I did not mean to come across like that . I realize if I am going to speak out, my record or inactivity is going to be the focal point. A sad fact ;P !!!!!!

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:01 am

but even when I win fights soon…………………………… I still wont be given the chance NO one is..

as a matter of fact why isnt Shayna fighting her next ????????????

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:07 am

Anyways, Gina is an Amazing Striker like debi is.

otherwise Gina herself seems very nice person, She gave her chewing gum to Robbie Lawler during looooooooong speach of Nick “Purple Haze” Diaz at the Post Fight Press Conference of the last EliteXC in Hawaii。

that was so funny, i spiled my tea. 😀 😀 😀 😀

Showtime/ProeElite/EliteXC is overprotecting her. Its not Gina`s fault, Their target is not MMA manias like us, common TV viewers who are so capricious.They talk about those light fans with big money they bring, chad and debi, all of us here are thinking of Female MMA as a sport and It`s future. Thats the conflict.

so, Debi and chad, the negotiation with EliteXC was failed? pitty…

BTW
    debi wrote:
    I do not consider akano a loss anyway.

Oh thats what i wanted ask, If the rules allowed GnP,,,, OMG!!!
    (and a cat mimics Gary shaw`s voice

“Tara, Amanda, Debi for Gina? Hell NO u want to destroy our girl or what??”

and the cat runs away and away and way…..)

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:22 am

GFC wrote:
    both wolfe and robinson would get ko’d laila is far too fast and i like wolfe but she has a weak chin and has been ko’d and beaten by far lesser fighters that laila beat…also doesn’t have the movement to deal with ali, it would be ali/foreman but even worse…laila’s camp offered wolfe a deal and her camp wanted more cut, lucia is too small for laila you see what happened to christy martin and lucia disappears but would still prob have the best shot of any of them to win, because she’s also the best p4p ever imo…but, ali would never duck her or anyone else and is still without question a proven top fighter, not sure about best ever but she’s up in that league, which was my point it’s certainly not an issue of her “looks.”
    Leatitia Robinson has never been KO’d. Ann Wolfe lost once and got revenge on that loss twice. You sound stupid saying lesser fighters did it when it was Mahfood, who was not so lesser for Ali to fight her twice. In fact she was probably the best opponent Ali fought in her weight class.

Wolfe was the fight everyone wanted and Ali wouldn’t do it. If you are the face of your sport you take the big fights and actually fight instead of have people spout their meaningless opinion of what the outcome would be if you would actually fight. She is popular from her name and looks, not because she is taking on the best fighters out there.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:47 am

that’s your opinion, fine…fact is mahfood has 13 losses and ko’d wolfe and she’s been battered several times, ali tko’d mahfood and came away with virtually no damage. ali is 24-0 and is a better faster boxer than wolfe. as i said it would be ali/forman only worse. wolfe is great too don’t get me wrong, and yes everyone wants to see that fight. ann was made an offer and declined. granted it wasn’t what her camp wanted but if you are confident you take the fight and if/when you win the bigger $$ ops will come. it’s just one of those standoff situations, hopefully the fight can still happen. too bad rijker/martin never did but lucia would have destroyed martin anyway, just like ali would wolfe… 😉

but we are getting off-topic, if you’d care to discuss boxing further let’s make a new thread or take it to email since this is mma here…

satanico wrote:
    GFC wrote:
    Leatitia Robinson has never been KO’d. Ann Wolfe lost once and got revenge on that loss twice. You sound stupid saying lesser fighters did it when it was Mahfood, who was not so lesser for Ali to fight her twice. In fact she was probably the best opponent Ali fought in her weight class.

Wolfe was the fight everyone wanted and Ali wouldn’t do it. If you are the face of your sport you take the big fights and actually fight instead of have people spout their meaningless opinion of what the outcome would be if you would actually fight. She is popular from her name and looks, not because she is taking on the best fighters out there.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:20 pm

😉
    Last edited by GFC on Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:04 pm
    Pro Fighter

Is there a female equivalent of “nuthugger”?

Just asking 😛

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:15 pm

hahaha very funny miss obsessive compulsive… 😛
    Rosi wrote:

Just asking 😛

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:09 pm

Rosi wrote:

Just asking 😛
    You can tell a nuthugger when they start using MMAath. Gina beat Julie who later beat Kelly who almost beat Tara so they rank Gina and Tara co #1. Illogical on every level but that’s why fan is short for fanatic. They don’t always use their brain.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:37 pm

😆

that’s pretty rich coming from someone who predicted carano would keep standing evinger up and pick her apart standing.. 🙄

*cough*choke*cough*…tap tap tap

common opponent wins are quite normally used…
    satanico wrote:
    Rosi wrote:

Just asking 😛
    You can tell a nuthugger when they start using MMAath. Gina beat Julie who later beat Kelly who almost beat Tara so they rank Gina and Tara co #1. Illogical on every level but that’s why fan is short for fanatic. They don’t always use their brain.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:43 pm

I already posted my views on gina and Elite!! I am sure most agree that they have to earn the respect….. I don’t have any to give for the show or Gina!! not saying that someone who really does not know women MMA sitting at home watching showtime and hearing them say how great Gina looks and fights will be sucked up…

Whatever I don’t watch Elite but I do have showtime but choose to watch a movie for the 10th time before I ever watch Elite again or Gina!!!

So Gina if you are reading this and you feel bad look at the $50,000.00 check for the last fight and remember not a bad payday for being a bimbo in the fight world!

Chad

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:47 pm
    Pro Fighter

Quote:
    hahaha very funny miss obsessive compulsive….
    That would be Dr Obsessive Compulsive to you 😛

Quote:
    You can tell a nuthugger when they start using MMAath.
    MMAth rocks! We could do Shayna beat Roxy beat Jen Howe beat Tara beat Shayna and all disappear in a puff of (il)logic 😉

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:52 pm

hahahaha! the true feelings are revealed…now doesn’t that feel betta dr. obsessive comp and the hanging chad… 😉

i had a feelin that was the dealio…

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:54 pm
    Pro Fighter

What ARE you talking about?

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:25 pm

sorry had a call…

rosi, nuttin it’s all good…purging the mind is great for the soul. 😀

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:40 pm
    Pro Fighter

my head hurts 😕

but at a guess not as much as yours is going to tomorrow 😉

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:46 pm

*smile* could be from all that repeated head bangin grrl… 😉

me/ belly is a bit sore from all this but the heads cool…
    Rosi wrote:
    my head hurts 😕

but at a guess not as much as yours is going to tomorrow 😉

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:03 pm

GFC wrote:
    😆

that’s pretty rich coming from someone who predicted carano would keep standing evinger up and pick her apart standing.. 🙄

*cough*choke*cough*…tap tap tap

common opponent wins are quite normally used…
    I didn’t predict that. I predicted Evinger could and should get takedowns easily but had no standup. Both were true. The only part I predicted that didn’t happen was the ref standing the fight up quickly for lack of action. They weren’t on the ground for long enough for that to factor in.

Common opponents don’t predict who will win when A meets C. Not that you even did that, you made a nonsensical link of Carano to Kedzie to Kobald to LaRosa. A to D.

Anyway you ranked Carano and LaRosa as co #1 and will forever lack credibility due to that. It is laughable. You have many opinions but get facts wrong. Opinions are worthless when based on the wrong facts i.e. Wolfe having “been ko’d and beaten by far lesser fighters” when it was 1 fighter ever. Carano is #1 to you no matter what. Be honest instead of all kinds of horseshit trying to justify it to others because nobody else will fall for it and she will not prove it in the ring. You have to make a crazy case for it on a message board.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:24 pm

uh, nope you’re incorrect…i do not (honestly) believe carano is #1 (yet) i put her at co-#1 because she has not fought larosa yet, also to reveal those like yourself… 😉 but i’m fine with a #2 ranking at 145 right now and agreed it was fair…gina will either prove it in the ring or won’t. your making an absolute statement one way or another will forever lack credibility right there…whereas mine are merely opinions.

my biggest concern is just seeing competitive fights, the rankings are just for fun as i mentioned from the start…and, helps sort things out. remember, as everyone has already agreed, gina is a transition fighter and it normally should take *years and years* to gain the skills to compete with the top level…so, whoever she beats now it’s that much more impressive and if she loses ehh, it’s to be expected…so either way it’s all good. 😀
    and feel free to believe ann is better than laila, cuz i don’t…
    Last edited by GFC on Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:54 pm

GFC wrote:
    and feel free to believe ann is better than laila, cuz i don’t 😛
    I never said that. I just held you to being factual instead of lying. Laila might believe it though.

GFC wrote:
    uh, nope you’re incorrect…i do not (honestly) believe carano is #1 (yet) i put her at co-#1 because she has not fought larosa yet
    OK I will take this as true since you now admit you were not honest.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:14 pm

mahfood with 13 losses is not a lesser fighter than ali, who tko’d her? that’s a lie??? please…

and i clearly stated that i “believe gina can beat tara more than i believe tara can beat gina” but felt a sole #1 ranking still needs to be won in the ring…

feel free to go back and check…

and, if she does it moving down from a #2 ranking at 145 whathafug do i care…
    so you’re incorrect…and perhaps just po’d about me thinking ali would beat ann. 🙂

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:13 am

GFC wrote:
    mahfood with 13 losses is not a lesser fighter than ali, who tko’d her? that’s a lie??? please…

and i clearly stated that i “believe gina can beat tara more than i believe tara can beat gina” but felt a sole #1 ranking still needs to be won in the ring…

feel free to go back and check…

and, if she does it moving down from a #2 ranking at 145 whathafug do i care…
    so you’re incorrect…and perhaps just po’d about me thinking ali would beat ann. 🙂
    You said fighter(s) plural trying to justify saying she has a weak chin. Always trying to twist things but you already admitted you were dishonest so I won’t hold it against you.

It doesn’t matter who you speculate to win because like Gina she is avoiding the top fighters so all you can do is speculate instead of seeing the fight. Speculation sucks I like actual fights.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:59 am

i didn’t say plural ko’s i said ko’d meaning 1 and that other fighters have battered and beaten her up more even in some of her wins…meaning she gets tagged and hurt more than ali which i believe laila would exploit those vulnerabilities with her speed movement get to ann and hurt her first, whereas ann does have that big punchers chance, but ali is slicker imo and also has the power to lunch ann’s chin…and *that* is my clear and honest viewpoint. you either like twisting things around or it was simply misunderstood which is fine. i certainly wouldn’t say ali would win for sure, you may very well be right and if the fight happens and ann wins i’d have no problem admitting i made a bad call and hats-off you called it.

as for gina everyone’s agreed it normally should take *years and years* to transition and build up to gaining the skills to face the top fighters, remember? so based on that gina is moving right along just fine… 🙂

but i agree with you and like actual fights so i look forward to the next ones. i believe you were the one who said baszler should be next and i totally agree with that as well, hopefully elite xc will too…

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:52 am

debi versus gina—————

i will take debi to win this match————

but,—–it all depends
    but,….who is the coach????????????

if randy is coaching gina on takedowns—
    be very careful of the high crotch takedown/throw
    …randy broke gonzagas nose with the throw/
    …cause randys head is coming down as gonzagas back is hitting the ground..this throw…aka legal headbutt…pretty much took the fight out of gonzaga–ladies…be careful of the HIGH CROTCH TAKEDOWN…not only is it weird..it actually works….once again…i warn all the ladies out there…..randy…has been using this take down for awhile…and it does work…if you land wrong…your head hits the floor….
    last warning!! DO NOT GET CAUGHT BY THE HIGH CROTCH TAKEDOWN……ask gonzaga…..he will tell you?????LOL————

hanoverfist
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:38 pm

wow such turmoil bubbling and brewing here. First of all welcome to America people, money talks and people listen. Elite XC has the money and are willing to put a large portion of it into mma (of course to reap a return) but honestly without such organizations(read necessary evils) mma would still be unrealized except in someones backyard on youtube. The fight scene is not new to politics and vice versa so really no big surprises here. I think Debi should take this chance to let her presence be seen in the mainstream instead of just the underground. Yea she deserves more and yea she’s put her time in and yea she’s an original pioneer of womens mma but for whatever reason(politics mainly) she was not chosen as the one to go to the masses. Gina was. If you want it…go get it girl, don’t sit back and miss the boat because of politics and pride much the way Lucia did. Million dollar baby never happened. Time to educate the ignorant sitting in there cushy offices or cushy couches who Debi Percell is. Believe me you dethrone the queen you will be noticed, you will become the queen. As for Laila I have watched her career from the start…she has great talent but a horrible attitude and I personally think Leatitia Robinson would beat her and wolf.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:08 pm

well yeah laila’s attitude is pretty smile and arrogant which turns a lot of people off, much like her dad did at the time and a lot of it is for show and hype, but later we all know how respected he is now and that doesn’t have anything to do with how talented they both are. she really is like a reincarnate of her dad as her pro male sparring partners attest to. back in the day people also said the same thing about foreman who was considered unbeatable undefeated and even much more dominant than wolfe, but we all know what ali did to him. we’ll just have to see what happens when/if they do fight, everything else is just speculation…

i also recall at the kedzie/carano fight most of the people around our group there said gina had “zero chance” and “no way” cuz kedzie had so much experience and ground, then after she dominated they were like wtf and could not believe what just happened. that’s just the nature of how it is, detractors never believe it until it actually happens. as for why contracts and shots are not being offered, i think we’ve revealed that quite clearly 😆 with the underlying animosity it’s hardly an ingratiating way to expect to get anything from someone. it’s like “hey invite me to your next party” after the last time you got drunk bad mouthed the host and urinated on their carpet, then wonder why you don’t get an invite. although, i suppose it could raise an eyebrow enough to get a shot out of the competitive smack talk factor, but i’m not sure they put much reality to it as those are just standard fight industry tactics and ploys to get in on part of the action win or lose. i think some are just scrambling now to catch her as early as possible and hope to avoid her strikes and sneak a sub in there before her ground gets any deeper with randy, since knowing every day that goes by will be harder and harder for that chance to happen…
    hanoverfist wrote:
    wow such turmoil bubbling and brewing here. First of all welcome to America people, money talks and people listen. Elite XC has the money and are willing to put a large portion of it into mma (of course to reap a return) but honestly without such organizations(read necessary evils) mma would still be unrealized except in someones backyard on youtube. The fight scene is not new to politics and vice versa so really no big surprises here. I think Debi should take this chance to let her presence be seen in the mainstream instead of just the underground. Yea she deserves more and yea she’s put her time in and yea she’s an original pioneer of womens mma but for whatever reason(politics mainly) she was not chosen as the one to go to the masses. Gina was. If you want it…go get it girl, don’t sit back and miss the boat because of politics and pride much the way Lucia did. Million dollar baby never happened. Time to educate the ignorant sitting in there cushy offices or cushy couches who Debi Percell is. Believe me you dethrone the queen you will be noticed, you will become the queen. As for Laila I have watched her career from the start…she has great talent but a horrible attitude and I personally think Leatitia Robinson would beat her and wolf.

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:43 pm

GFC wrote:

i also recall at the kedzie/carano fight most of the people around our group there said gina had “zero chance” and “no way” cuz kedzie had so much experience and ground, then after she dominated they were like wtf and could not believe what just happened. that’s just the nature of how it is, detractors never believe it until it actually happens.
    I don’t know what group that was but the betting odds favored Carano against Kedzie and Evinger.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:52 pm

right, it just happened to be a group that had similar detractor views who put a lot into the fact that julie had so much more ground and mma experience…the rest of us there who knew how good gina really is didn’t think so…
    satanico wrote:
    GFC wrote:

i also recall at the kedzie/carano fight most of the people around our group there said gina had “zero chance” and “no way” cuz kedzie had so much experience and ground, then after she dominated they were like wtf and could not believe what just happened. that’s just the nature of how it is, detractors never believe it until it actually happens.
    I don’t know what group that was but the betting odds favored Carano against Kedzie and Evinger.

abuckner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:30 pm
    Pro Fighter

Chad – do you have that 50,000 purse info from a trusted source? If so I am now loading a gun and am going to shoot myself in the head to save my brain the trouble of going crazy.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:16 am

amanda, don’t trip that is not even funny to joke about. people seem to forget gina was already a well accomplished muay thai superstar with 12 additional wins and she is also popular from the muay thai fight girls movie and television series, in addition to her undefeated mma career. it’s like when rijker transitioned into boxing she was already an internationally known and accomplished kickboxer. for example, like if germaine de randamie decides to transition into mma, goes 5-0 against some of the top girls, dominating a kelly or marloes, then hbo decides to showcase mma picks her up and offers a 75k purse it would also be quite understandable. she is helping to raise the bar and make women’s mma more popular which will help everyone. just hang tight and look foward to being able to fight for bigger purses. now if it were brittany pullen (sorry brit) i could see wanting to put a gun to your head, just make sure it’s only a squirt gun… 😛

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:26 am

GFC is right she did raise the bar for women fighters and yes this is a good thing… So remember when or if the try to sign you a deal 25- 30,000.00 should be a good number.

Amanda my source is good but GFC would know better

Chad

koolpaw
    Post subject: without GinaPostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:29 pm

just a quick news from fiveouncesofpain via fightlinker

EliteXC to show some non-Carano female fighting
    i remember Shayna mentioned Gina is in different weight class with her in her MySpace blog while ago, not sure how she thinks now though.

fightlinker always uses bad words for any topics but his opnion to MMA is kinda straight. Although u all see how fightlinker doesnt know well about female MMA 🙁

Even such a big Fan of MMA is like this, Imagine how common ppl would see…

oops its not so new, the date of fiveouncesofpain was Sep.26

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:14 am

paw! i would not pay much attention to any of that. there will always be those few idiots who are/talk against female mma no matter which org. they feel we are all either encroaching in on and taking away from men’s mma or whatever similar lame ass reasons. couldn’t be further from the truth, it’s actually the total opposite…female mma growing only adds that much more to the men’s side and attracts an even wider demographic audience. plus the general public will likely not even be reading any “fightlinker blogs” they will be seeing previews on showtime and other major league sources like that…

and well, there’s the shayna build-up right there and a pretty badass lookin shot of her too btw… 😉
    koolpaw wrote:
    just a quick news from fiveouncesofpain via fightlinker

EliteXC to show some non-Carano female fighting

i remember Shayna mentioned Gina is in different weight class with her in her MySpace blog while ago, not sure how she thinks now though.

fightlinker always uses bad words for any topics but his opnion to MMA is kinda straight. Although u all see how fightlinker doesnt know well about female MMA 🙁

Even such a big Fan of MMA is like this, Imagine how common ppl would see…

oops its not so new, the date of fiveouncesofpain was Sep.26

koolpaw
    Post subject: correctionPostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:20 pm

uh oh, CORRECTION

i just have noticed fightlinker.com has posted a reply on Roxy`s Myspace blog. And he has Debi in his friend list.

i was misunderstanding, fightlinker knows female MMA, seems he just doesnt like bodogFIGHT TV program.

Thats understabdable, whole bodogFIGHT program is not so fun to watch. good female fights and only few good fights of male. Every episodes are the same. bikini girls with silicon ***, 1 or 2 fights for each week. script writer has been messing up nice fight and fighters analysing of Paul and Jeff.

I hope Jeff Osborn will improve the program to attract more MMA fans in next season. i can wait, just few more weeks till new season 6. But howcome they are going to braodcast/stream the fights of SPB in April? they are too old now…

i will wait anyways

FightingFury44
    Post subject: gina vs. debiPostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:43 pm

that would be a nice match to see. Debi vs. Gina. two good schools they both train in and respected trainers.

would be nice to see a decent match up.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?