ground and pound

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

fight4you
    Post subject: ground and poundPostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:02 am

What have been your experiences and reactions at the time while being on either end of this technique?

Brynn999
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:10 am

I admit to being a newbie, but can tell you that if I find myself on the recieving end of this technique my first reaction is.. MOVE!!!! If I am pinned down and feel stuck I try to look for the next flying fist to catch and manipulate into a bar or lock…then…MOVE!!! If I’m on the delivering end of this technique there are only 2 things on my mind…. Hold the pin and pound for KO. It has taken me a long time (especially at the recieving end) to remind myself not to panic and to look for opportunities whilst trying to block. I can also say that while I have been the one delivering the pounds it is easy for me to forget about positioning and hooks, which is a VERY bad thing if your opponent knows how to utilize any defensive techniques whatsoever. Im learning that the more I drill, the more comfortable I become and the more I recognize openings. Im sure there are others who likely have some more effective suggestions, but that’s the vantage point from a rookie 🙂

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:05 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

…….brynn…….is…a rookie….how……..funny……..ha..ha……….well. brynn….on the street,,,,the best to do…….once…in the ground and pound…is..to try to reverse…..the second you fall…on your back…….if that fails…..then you quickly………(sorry)…that will cost you 100 bucks///////////////ask knockout///////////HE KNOWS//////// look i spaced my words///

Brynn999
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:09 pm

scarce: please make yourself scarce until you have something:
    A. Intelligent
    B. Entertaining
    C. Thought provoking
    D. Applicable
    E. Comprehensive
    F. Useful
    ——————or—————
    G. Encouraging

to add to the forums

your just boring me to death now, perhaps that is one of your *MAD COOL STREET TECHNIQUES* – if so, cudos to ya, it is quite effective.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:26 am

brynn is on the mark!!!

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:20 pm

…all.i can,,,,say…is…train…hard…you…need it……get good trainers…

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:26 pm

cyber threats are so….scary

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:04 pm

….in martial arts…we,,,,must…all,,,train hard……for the strong…keep moving forward………..and the weak,,,,crumble like cookies/////cookie dust//////

Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:08 pm

Can someone please make this disease “scarce.” How much more disruption do we have to put up with?

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:13 pm

…i think kickboxing,,,,,,,,is not as good……as muay thai….as a discipline….i would train….in muay thai……,,,,kickboxing is too passive,,,,you…need more energy to perform well in muay thai…..as i communicate on the international channel/freedom of speech prevails…for the united states is the best country in the universe/thank you///

warrior14
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:29 pm
    Pro Fighter

Back to the actual topic…………….I have been on the recieving end of ground and pound. The first time I had had 10 fights before that, but against nothing more than streetfighters or boxers. This girl was a wrestler so took me down and GNP’d me. She had good submission defense as well. Being as this was the first “real” fight for me, my mind wasn’t where it should have been. I was way more concerned with not getting hit anymore and blocking than I should have been. I spent little time actually gaining control of her arms and head and I should have been a little more worried about getting a better position. I came very close to submitting her a few times (end of rd. 1 I had an armbar, but the round ended). Looking at the tape, she was really sloppy and her base was horrible so there was plenty of opportunity for me, but I didn’t take it. I guess the biggest thing I learned was how much GETTING hit takes out of you conditioning-wise. Since then, I keep my head and I am willing to eat a few in order to gain position/control. It really doesn’t hurt until you wake up the next morning…….
    When I am delivering, I mainly concentrate on keeping a good base and try to look for patterns in the way my opponant defends. Looking for openings to deliver strikes just comes naturally I think.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:45 pm

and how does it feel when you notice that a sizeable number of those in the crowd are enjoying watching u get grounded and pounded?

warrior14
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:33 pm
    Pro Fighter

The only thing that really bothers me about the crowd is how uneducated the majority of people are. What I mean is, all people see is who is punching who, no one seems to understand that my opponant punches me, sure I may get a black eye, but I put her in an armbar, she looks just fine. She was in more danger and obviously WAY closer to being fininshed, but all the crowd sees is my face at the end and “Whoa, you got your ass kicked.”

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:57 pm

..well to make the crowd ..cheer for you///well you have to actually snap the arm/ and walk away/ see if they cheer for you/…as the police sirens wail////

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:26 pm

sounds like you are the kind that would do (or more likely watch) such a thing, and enjoy it

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:46 pm

..well.i have fought on train stations in the past…..and i know how people love to gawk/////you have to give them something to gawk at////

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:21 pm

1 of 3 probable end results for such a mindset – jail, the ER, the morgue.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?