Grove talks about his loss-thanks Sandy!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

chad
    Post subject: Grove talks about his loss-thanks Sandy!! PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:15 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Body: —————– Bulletin Message —————–
    Date: Sep 18, 2007 12:47 PM
    In his first interview since his loss to Patrick Cote at UFC 74, MMA Madness writer Ben Zeidler had the opportunity to talk to Kendall Grove by phone on September 14. Grove, who was in Hawaii at the time, discussed his UFC 74 loss; who he wants to fight next; and his critics.

MMA Madness: Prior to the Cote fight, you had been undefeated in the UFC. In your words, what happened there?

Grove: Umm…I got sloppy off of that clinch…I threw a knee with my eyes down and he caught me right behind the ear.

MMA Madness: If given the opportunity, how would you change your plan in order to beat him?

Grove: I would have changed nothing; I got caught off the clinch. Like I said, it’s a fight and anything can happen.

MMA Madness: Was the Cote fight the toughest you’ve ever had?

Grove: No, Ed Herman is the toughest fight I’ve ever had. It was my only fight that went the distance.

MMA Madness: One of your training partners, Tito Ortiz, actually beat Cote a few years ago. Did he give you any pointers beforehand, and if so, what were they?

Grove: He just told me how to train, how to get right for this fight. He told me that he hits hard and he’s strong, and I just went in there and I got caught.

MMA Madness: We always hear that Ortiz works incredibly hard. How beneficial is it to train with someone like that?

Grove: It’s very beneficial. If your partners train hard, you’re going to train hard. And he definitely makes me train harder.

MMA Madness: You and Ortiz aren’t exactly fan-favorites among Sherdoggers. Do you have any comments on that?

Grove: What is that?

MMA Madness: It’s an online MMA forum.

Grove: Oh…I really don’t care about what people think about me. They can say what they want to about me. People have been talking about me since I came into MMA, and they’re going to be talking about me until the day I die. So all I can say is, hate on haters!

MMA Madness: How do you rank yourself among the 185-pounders?

Grove: Not too well right now. I would rank myself a small fish in a big pond.

MMA Madness: Yeah, I mean you’re only 24 years old.

Grove: Oh for sure, I’m just going to try to pay my dues and hopefully one day become a champion.

MMA Madness: How do you feel you’d match up with current champ Anderson Silva?

Grove: Right now, not too good. I just need a few more years to mature as a fighter.

MMA Madness: Are there any matchups you’re looking for? Possibly a rematch with Cote?

Grove: Yeah after my next fight I wouldn’t mind getting a rematch with Cote after that.

MMA Madness: You’ve obviously got a bright future ahead of you, being only 24. Looking into the future, are there any fighters that you would just love to fight?

Grove: Umm…Jason MacDonald. Whoever will match up against me well.

MMA Madness: Do you ever see yourself holding the middleweight title in UFC?

Grove: For sure, I see myself holding that belt in a couple of years.

MMA Madness: How would you respond to the critics who say that you have a soft chin?

Grove: Well Cote didn’t knock me out by hitting my chin, so I don’t know where that is coming from. Just hate on haters. Haters are known to be legally retarded sometimes, you know?

MMA Madness: It looks like at UFC 78, one of your partners, Tito Ortiz, has his rematch against Rashad Evans. Can you comment on this fight? Or give us a prediction?

Grove: Uh yeah man. I think it will be a better fight than the first one. Tito is pumped, he’s training his ass off. It should be a good fight. He doesn’t want it to be like last time.

MMA Madness: Yeah we actually interviewed Tito after his first fight with Evans. He seemed pretty motivated.

Grove: Yeah, he’s motivated for sure. I’m going up to Big Bear to train with him for a while before his fight. It should be a good fight.

MMA Madness: Steroids have become a pressing issue in the UFC recently. Why are these guys cheating when they know they’ll probably get caught?

Grove: I don’t know, I don’t use it, I don’t care. That’s my thing on that subject.

MMA Madness: Alright, well I think that’s it for now. Thanks for taking the time for this. We appreciate it.

Grove: For sure man.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?