H n S results?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Erin T
    Post subject: H n S results? PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:52 pm
    Pro Fighter

Was there a show last night with some female fights? I think Deb’s friend, Julie was fighting? Who else and does anyone know the results?

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:58 pm
    Pro Fighter

aloha erin,
    say on mma.tv that kellyn won by a second round armber, and jen case won by triangle (didnt say what round)against jules,
    congrats to all four ladies who fought, heard they were really good fights both ways.

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:49 pm
    Pro Fighter

Thanks, AJ. Was Kobald’s opponent a 0-3 fighter or a pro debuter?

Oh yeah! What about Howe/Roxy rematch. I cannot find it ANYWHERE! I am dying to know.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:18 pm
    Pro Fighter

I just read on MMA weekly that Roxy ‘put another hurting on Howe’. NO results anywhere and no more info than that…

I’m DYING to know what the f!

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:46 am
    Pro Fighter

Salt Lake City, Utah – Roxanne Modafferi shocked the MMA world by again defeating Jennifer Howe, this time by triangle choke in the third round to add the IFC Women’s World Middleweight belt to her growing collection.
    picture on http://www.fightergirls.com

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:06 am

Thanks AJ. Glad somebody is keeping an eye out to beat me to it.

Anybody here know about secure wireless connections? Might be able to start doing galleries from road if firewall and security issues on my Dad’s network can be worked out. No way I’m messing with the President of the Bank Of Dad’s network.

KM

chad
    Post subject: hello keithPostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:10 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

thanks alot for posting keith. so do you have pictures posted where we can view them?

thanks,
    fightergirls

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:31 am
    Pro Fighter

sherdog put some pics up, they spelled my name wrong too….and one of my teammates…and had him with the wrong opponent. i emailed them, who knows if it will do any good.
    victoria and i had some good standup trading going on and they didnt put any pics of that up, its all ground shots…and lots of me getting my ass kicked from mount! only one of me setting up the armbar but oh well, forget the pics…i had a great time, it was like riding 9 rollercoasters at once.
    it was a good match because i think victoria and i were pretty equally skilled, i had to work super hard. she is so, so game and slick on the ground, not to mention she hits pretty hard. i was really impressed by her and she was hella nice, as were jules and jen.
    everyone in attendance was really impressed by the women so we did a good job. PROPS GIRLS!!!

P.S. like an idiot i blew my nose that night and puffed my whole right eye out underneath…no one do that, ever…it sucks. jules saw it in full effect at the arnolds. swellings all down now, but i still look like a raccoon!

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:35 am
    Pro Fighter

I forgot!

Sunday Jules and this girl from Cung Le’s school had a hella good San Shou fight! Jules got beat by ONE point…a takedown in the last round, i think it was, maybe second-to-last round. They both looked great though and had a pretty big crowd watching. I only caught the tail end of it but now I’m thinking about doing San Shou next year since I know Scott Sheeley and he’s made me decide I like kickboxing after all. hehe.

Boudicca
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:51 pm
    Pro Fighter

Quote:
    PROPS GIRLS!!!

Absolutely! That was a great night, and a great fight. That armbar was slick. Too bad there’s no pics of the standup… I think we were both getting some good shots in . Can’t wait to see the footage. And I’m glad to hear your face is doing better; my elbow should be better soon as long as I’m careful training .

How did the no-gi go on Sunday? I wish I could have stayed and watched that and the San Shou, but I had to get home. Twenty-two hours in the car – yuck 😛 .

Congrats to all of you great girls!
    Victoria

Anthea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:55 pm
    Pro Fighter

Hey could someone put the link up to the Sherdog pictures? i’d be keen to have a look at them but i’m a bit overawed by Sherdog, it’s so big and i can’t find what i’m looking for…

Anyway congrats to you guys for having a good night 😀

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:21 pm

Did the Kobald v Ketzie fight get nixed? When and why did that happen?

Boudicca
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:52 pm
    Pro Fighter

I think that this link should work for the pictures: http://www.fightergirls.com Kobold pulled out, and Greta got sick (I think) so Jules fought Jen Case. So no orphan fighters.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:06 pm
    Pro Fighter

wow I’m so excited to see all these new women fighters! (and those not new!) 🙂 YAY FOR WOMEN’S MMA! YAAAAAAAY and now I’m going to bed.

JulesK
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:05 am
    Pro Fighter

Yeah, I wasn’t expecting to fight AT ALL, but Jeff contacted me Wednesday night and asked me if I could rematch Case Friday night. I agreed to fill in for Greta and lost to a triangle in the first round (hey at least it wasn’t an armbar this time!) Many thanks to Jen for agreeing to the switch on such short notice!

When Kobald pulled, I had tossed around the idea of a San Shou fight (I’ve never done San Shou in my life, but I have a background in Thai boxing, so I thought it might be fun). I had heard that Elaina Maxwell (Cung Li’s top female) was looking for a fight, but I had recieved NO confirmation of the match by even Friday night, so I figured it was off.

I saw at the Hook n’ Shoot right after Jen beat me and asked her if she was still going to fight San Shou on Saturday night (I wanted to watch). She said yeah, she was fighting some some Muay Thai girl she’d never heard of on Sunday and I said, “Oh, sh**. I think that might be ME!”

Cung Li and Scott Sheely (did I spell that right?) approached me at the Arnold’s on Saturday and asked me if I wanted the match. It scared the crap out of me (I know you’re not really supposed to admit that, but it did), to accept another fight on super short notice against someone I was really not training for, but I said “sure, why not.”

I ended up losing to Elaina by a split desicion, but I was very, very happy to have a chance to stand and bang with someone again and she was super nice (and sooo talented). She said she might be looking into MMA in the future (c’mon Elaina!!), so ladies look out! One of the hardest punchers I have EVER met.

So I walked away from this weekend 0-2 🙁 (I definately need to update my profile–how do I do that?), but I learned a lot and had the absolute PLEASURE of meeting both Victoria and Kellyn and watching them fight (it literally brought a very bored crowd to their feet!). I also got the chance to meet female boxer Jessica “The Ragin'” Rakoczy (I know you are different weight classes, but do you know anything about her Erin?), who was super encouraging, as was Aaron Reilly who was ringside at my second fight and gave me good advice.

I also have the most wonderful trainer EVER, whom i want to thank for his encouragment and support though what was a somewhat disheartening weekend. Thanks, James! 😀

Anyway, enough rambling outta me. Congrats to Jen, Victoria, Kellyn and Elaina for stepping up and showing Ohio how the ladies can fight!!!

😀
    jules

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:02 pm

kelly pulled out??

sounds about right!

thanks for the great photos/

gretamobetta
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:46 pm
    Pro Fighter

Thank You Julie, I had an severe inner ear infection, so you can imagine how dizzy I was. No jokes please. I am so glad there were no orphans.
    Jen Case- I felt terrible about having to cancel, I know what it feels like to be in that position. We still have the chance to do it again. 😉

JulesK
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:31 pm
    Pro Fighter

Anytime, sweetie!!! 8) (Happy b-day, BTW–you just had one, right?)

Can’t wait for a great fight between the two of you!

😀
    jules

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:48 pm
    Pro Fighter

Hey Victoria….
    go check out the results on fightworld.com. they said some really nice things about us!
    people are talking about the fight all over, i guess it was a topic of discussion at the vegas grappler’s quest on saturday. my friend vince was there and called me to tell me how highly people were speaking of the fight.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?