hardcore championship fighting- marquez / kaufman

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

adriennaaj
    Post subject: results from hardcore championship fighting- marquez/kaufman PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:48 pm
    Pro Fighter

Sarah Kaufman wins 135 womens title with a second round TKO (3.22 mark) On october 19th in Canada.
    “In the fight of the night Victoria native Sarah Kaufman (5-0) won the vacant women’s bantamweight belt in impressive style dominating almost all of the fight on route to a second round stoppage over the overmatched but game Ginelle Marquez (7-6). Kaufman started off throwing hard punches and Marquez obliged in the early goings but as Kaufman started to catch her with more and more shots Marquez eventually switched to shooting in for the takedown. Kaufman’s takedown defense proved to be up to the challenge and then some, stuffing multiple attempts and taking the top position when it went to the mat.

Marquez showed incredible heart, despite eating salvo after salvo of hard punches from side control and eventually mount and the blood pouring out of her face showed it. Marquez gave no quarter getting to the top position off of reversals but the end came in the second round when the referee stepped in to stop the contest with Kaufman landing blow after blow with the Josh Barnett cornered Marquez unable to defend herself at 3:22 of the second Stanza.”

That puts sarah at 6-0 with 6 tkos. Maybe we will see her in the states soon. I hope ginelle is ok and im sure shes gonna put a great fight on for the fatal femmes!

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:11 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

6-0 with 6 tko’s is quite impressive……who is this Sarah Kaufman? Does she have a webpage or a MySpace page?

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:33 pm
    Pro Fighter

I was scheduled to fight the wnner of this fight for the title, but aparently they BANNED MMA entirely in British Columbia 🙁

Bad move I think, Vancouver was starting to build a very good promotion base.

Either way congratulations to both girls. From reports I saw around the internet, most people were saying it was the fight of the night! Anyone have more specific details of how it actually went down?

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:50 pm

from what i understand mma is only banned right now in vancouver and that is mainly to encourage the start of a new commission. of course this will just force more local fights underground until that happens…but, sanctioned matches can still take place and be promoted in outlying suburbs.

here’s some photos from kaufman/marquez. looks like ginelle mainly just got a bit messy from a busted or bloody nose, but big ups to sarah that was a nice win and look forward to seeing the vid…

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:45 pm
    Pro Fighter

Sarah Kaufman trains out of Zuma in Victoria, BC:

I fought her in my second fight and was ko’d. She’s pretty much ripped apart everyone that she’s fought.

MMA is currently not happening here in vancouver, but I think that the hardcore fights are out of calgary.

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:19 pm
    Pro Fighter

Here is a video of the entire fight…

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:38 pm
    Pro Fighter

wow, very impressive!!

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:19 pm

niiice i like hehehe…Sarah def has got the goods…*smile*

thnx for the link, Molly…and also the Jules/Kelly bout!

fightfan
    Post subject: Sarah KaufmannPostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:20 am

Sarah is a very capable fighter and is going to be a handful for anyone. She is so tenacious when she senses the kill.

Good luck to you Sarah,

Fightfan

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:36 am

Maulinator wrote:

Molly to the rescue again…you knew I need my Ginele fix. 😉

cosmic
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:42 pm

Maulinator wrote:

Thankyou!!!!!
    just watched it, what a great fight!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?