Has there been a man vs woman MMA fight before in USA??

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Executioner
    Post subject: Has there been a man vs woman MMA fight before in USA??PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:40 am

I’ve read this on sherdog, I’m not quite sure if this information is right?
    Anybody know this story about Emily Fisher?

Quote:
    Originally posted by Zion
    you guys are acting if this is the first time a man has fought a woman

Emily Fisher fought a man in No Holds Bar event in North Carolina i believe and she beat the crap out of him

She grapples also and fights in the men’s division and she comes in like in 4th or 3rd place. that is one tough bitch!

Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:19 am

Doubt that’s true and unlikely it would be sanctioned. Things can occur unsanctioned but nothing like that would be approved by a serious body. The only time you’ll hear of something like that is when the guy is relatively untrained. I don’t think a woman can beat a pro MMA guy and I’m sure I’ve fought with more guys than anyone here.

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:27 pm

Well, would be great to hear some stories!

Mook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:18 am

This is BS. Women chicken out, even fightergirls. I asked once mildly here and I’m not much of a fighter, and got a hysterical reaction hissy fit.
    I’m still up for it but get nothing but excuses. I’m still waiting for one to challenge me. If the women here aren’t up for it I don’t know where you think they are going to come from.

The last fight here was a boxing match between Chyna vs. Joey Buttafuoco (not exactly a fighter either) and she got beat.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:33 am

since when is pro-wrestling a fight? it is a stunt show. and a dumb one at that

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:56 am

Mook wrote:
    This is BS. Women chicken out, even fightergirls. I asked once mildly here and I’m not much of a fighter, and got a hysterical reaction hissy fit.
    I’m still up for it but get nothing but excuses. I’m still waiting for one to challenge me. If the women here aren’t up for it I don’t know where you think they are going to come from.

The last fight here was a boxing match between Chyna vs. Joey Buttafuoco (not exactly a fighter either) and she got beat.
    Hehehehe Chyna!! she is fun!

Hey Mook, I know a woman from Atlanta, and she has no problem with fighting guys, I can give you her adress if you want!

Mook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:06 am

Sure.
    Wrestling is fake but this was a real fight, a boxing match.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:32 am

and that is why chyna lost – to a fat dumb ass, yet. she is a siliconed/steroided stunt performer – not a fighter.

Anystylist
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:34 am

There’s a page on WBAN (Women’s Boxing Archive Network) about some mixed matches, but the majority of them were boxing.

To Mook’s point, any contact info about women who are willing to or want to fight guys is useful, but it’s important to specify the terms under which the woman will fight. Striking, grappling, or MMA? Training/sparring, or a real fight, and if the latter, in a gym or a back alley? Most importantly, is this strictly amateur (for the challenge or glory), or will the money issue rear its ugly head?

Mook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:31 pm

I’m still open for a challenge but I wouldn’t hold my breathe. Anyone interested PM me.

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:36 am

Mook wrote:
    I’m still open for a challenge but I wouldn’t hold my breathe. Anyone interested PM me.
    Come on women!
    Mook wants to fight! give him a fair chance!

Brynn999
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:02 am

Mook wrote:

Dudes who openly seek to exchange blows with a gal on a serious level are punks. Obviously you dont have what it takes to hang with the big boys. Flat out stupid and cowardly. No sport, no discipline, no respect.

Mook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:20 am

Nah none of that; just age-wise in 50s so its fair.

Anystylist
    Post subject: Gender equity, and handicappingPostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:32 pm

Brynn999 wrote:
    Dudes who openly seek to exchange blows with a gal on a serious level are punks. Obviously you dont have what it takes to hang with the big boys. Flat out stupid and cowardly. No sport, no discipline, no respect.
    Brynn, that would be fine if, as a society, we were operating under the traditional code of gender behavior in effect up until the 1960s/1970s or so. But there is no consensus anymore, even when mixed fighting is involved. Specifically, women can challenge men with impunity, and often go about setting up such fights for their own purposes (e.g. MacGregor/Loi Chow). At the HS level, girls can wrestle boys, and if a boy doesn’t want to wrestle a girl, he forfeits, regardless of the reason.

If women want equal rights, they need to accept equal responsibilities. If they want the right to step to dudes whenever it suits their interest as they perceive it, then guys should have the same right too.

P.S. Mook also raises a valid point about age handicapping, which can be extended to size or even experience handicapping. But that’s another thread altogether.

Brynn999
    Post subject: Re: Gender equity, and handicappingPostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:14 am

Anystylist wrote:
    [color=orange]

Brynn, that would be fine if, as a society, we were operating under the traditional code of gender behavior in effect up until the 1960s/1970s or so. But there is no consensus anymore, even when mixed fighting is involved.

P.S. Mook also raises a valid point about age handicapping, which can be extended to size or even experience handicapping. But that’s another thread altogether.

OK then, you realize that your position pushes your own *traditional code* to that well before the 60’s and 70’s…… like back to caveman antics. As far as age, size and experience handicapping – if your going to use those 3 attributes in determining if a fight is on a fair platform, dont you think gender should be included?? But seriously folks, there is no debate. Mixed fighting is a ridiculous notion and anyone who participates willingly and readily in such a match (guy or gal) is nothing more than a moron.
    Last edited by Brynn999 on Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:59 am

There are a lot of variables involved. The main one is will, and whether the female is willing or not.

Anystylist
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:38 am

Caveman times? That’s a straw man argument. Just because I question ‘fighting rights’ for women doesn’t mean I question voting rights, property rights, civil rights, or most other rights that women have obtained over the last millenium or so. This is strictly about whether fighting challenges should be a two way street.

As for gender being a factor along with age, size, etc., some people, specifically the women who have actively fought guys, apparently don’t think it is. Should it be? How much more fighting effectiveness does the Y chromosome confer? If you really want a scientific, empirical answer, it’s a complicated question. People who ask it or try to test it aren’t morons. They might have issues–but so do we all.

Mook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:08 am

Until someone here tests the proposition we won’t know.

Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:37 am

I’ve done that , never publicly though. For various reasons most are not going to want a publicity circus for that sort of thing; so its at a different level.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:09 am

can u elaborate on that , zoe?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?