Hello…newb, sorry a bit long

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

jadzia007
    Post subject: Hello…newb, sorry a bit long PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:24 am

Hello everyone. This is board is a nice find for me and I have a few questions. 🙂

I’ve never trained any Martian Arts, and would like to start training MMA. I’ve just fallen in love with the sport. I’ve always been an jock…did a few triathlons ( I didn’t win or anything 8) ) and MMA is something I want to get into. I’m having ankle surgery in April (fusion of a joint) but I’m sure I’ll be able to adapt as I need to.

Ok…so I’m guessing push ups and sit ups are going to be a necessity, but what else can I do to get ready for class while my ankle is recovering? Currently I’m 195lbs, only 5’5″ so I’m a bit chunky….unfortunatley when I was running 10 miles a day I could eat what I wanted….however when I got injured….I didn’t stop eating. 🙄 I lift about 3 times a week, not heavy weights, just some light major muscle group stuff. I do cardio (exercise bike, can’t run with said ankle problem) 5-6 times a week. The wieght is going down…and I plan to lose another 15-20 before my surgery.

THe school I”m looking into teaches Mauy Thai and sub wrestling. Can’t wait. Thanks!! Forgot to mention I just turned 40 so go easy on me!!

elle

Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: Re: Hello…newb, sorry a bit longPostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:11 am

jadzia007 wrote:
    I’ve never trained any Martian Arts.

Neither have I.
    ImageImage

😆

jadzia007
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:20 am

LMAO!!! I didn’t even realize that mistake. Guess I better turn off the cartoons when I”m typing.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:29 am
    Pro Fighter

Can you do an eliptical machine? I hate pushups, but if you do low reps of weights really fast, maybe you can break a sweat that way. can you go up stairs?

jadzia007
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:26 pm

Well I don’t have access to an eliptical. I can get my heart rate up there riding the bike. I do some “sprints” on it. It hurts, but….hey it’s gonna hurt anyway so I may as well burn some calories.

Right now my routine is

bike 10 min warm up, 20 mins interval, 10 min cool down
    light weights about 30 reps, 3 sets, major muscle groups, some calf raises, stuff like that.

I’m going to increase my bike interval training by 10-20 mins a week till surgery.

Can’t do stairs (it pains me to say can’t….can’t means won’t)

I guess I just figured in the “core” training for class…they will make us do pushups and situps……neither of which I’m good at. Thanks

elle

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?