high profile fighter approached by wwe

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

sally dawson
    Post subject: high profile fighter approached by wwe PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:43 pm

wwe is having talks with one of the world’s best women’s fighters. the fighter is a leading figure in her sport & the wwe believes also has the look to appeal to wrestling fans. having a grappling background is considered a big advantage when training to become a wrestler. don’t know whether the fighter is interested, but wwe would look to push her as a big star & possibly work shoots against current wrestlers.

http://www.fightergirls.com

themannon
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:58 pm

Against men or women?

The WWE women’s division is mostly T&A these days.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:56 pm

Ah yes, the classic debate of money/security vs. dignity

Eriu
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:49 am

Eh, WWE doesn’t even care about women who already have pro-wrestling training, much less training in any competition fighting. They care only about how hot the women are.

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:56 am
    Pro Fighter

who are they trying to get?

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:39 pm
    Pro Fighter

NOOooooo pro wrestling!!!!!! 👿 I wouldn’t do it for any money.

jamesjudo
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:48 pm

it’s kind of HARD to say NO When WWE Throws a Cool
    6 figure contact at you!!!!! I can see why Ken did WWE!!!! 😈

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:46 pm
    Pro Fighter

No, it’s easy because women have to represent the sport very strictly, just like Amanda said in her amazing interview. *idiol eyes*

http://www.fightergirls.com

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:06 pm

While staying at a hotel with my debaters at the state championship, I happened to flip on to WWE while surfing and these women had implants out the wahzooo. Is that part of the contract?

Eriu
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:30 am

Quote:
    …and these women had implants out the wahzooo. Is that part of the contract?

Unless you happen to be Stacey Kiebler, yes.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:44 pm

well if she wants to see the credibilty of true female combat sport go down the crapper – then she should go on ahead. You guys already have to deal with the fight fetishists, mixed wrestling freaks , bdsm fantasists, muscle worshipers etc etc. In fact, some in the sport already dabble in those areas anyway, as you know.

WWE is SUCH a stupid thing. I am surprised that people still watch, Isn’t it the same thing over and over and over again? Steroids, Silicone, homoerotic allusions and a strange increased fixations with ‘valets’ offering ballshots all the time. Imagine how NOW would react if the genders were reversed and the males were offering smile assault and genital torture to females as family entertainment.

I know one thing, I wouldn’t want to stand next to anyone in the McMahon family when the big one hits. I hope they are enjoying themselves to the hilt in this life, cause the next one is going to offer them a big “Oh Shit” moment.

As soon as you think network TV has hit the bottom of the barrel, the bottom drop out and there is more crap to swim in.

themannon
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:02 pm

fight4you, the best thing I ever heard to describe why WWE is popular is that its basically a soap opera for boys. Makes sense when you think of it that way. After all, women (mainly) watch soap operas where the same old stuff happens over and over too.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:49 pm

yes – the operative word is ‘boys’. pro wrestling is SUCH an adolescent fixation. llittle boys in search of their manhood as they watch a live cartoon. I have NO idea why any woman would be attracted to such moronic crap. NBC should be ashamed for putting that on primetime the other day.

Last edited by fight4you on Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:26 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

truthfully,
    I do not give a crud what someone does on their off time. What hurts our sport a LOT more is unskilled untrained women stepping into the cage and representing us all.

Besides (I try) to judge people on their character as a person instead of what they choose to do for a living.

and no its not me they are after, and I loath pro wrestling

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:41 pm

debi wrote:

and no its not me they are after, and I loath pro wrestling

Dammit! I was gonna say “IT’s YOU!!!!11″ as a joke, but you ruined it. You ruined it for everybody!!111!;”

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:02 am

well- what someone does for a living is a choice and, in my humble opinion, is a reflection of their character. Pro-wrestling is SUCH a weird, weird thing – in all aspects

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:18 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

Perhaps,
    but since the subject came up of reflecting our sport poorly as women fighters,

I will throw something out there. If I had to make a choice, I think a well trained skilled fighter girl who say “strips for a living”, would rep us better then a undertrained flailing around med student.

Yes some people judge us on what we do for a living ect, unfortunatly its human nature. However judgement in skill levels “inside the ring” is what is holding us back the most.

I can not remember the blonde models name who fought in k-1 but it was her lack of skills that made me sad she was there, not because she was a playboy model.

Uber I know you were hoping heheh

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:33 am

Everybody is allowed to hate pro wrestling…but aren’t you guys slightly forgetting something?

The first MMA fights in history in Japan on RINGS Japan were fixed mathes, before even the UFC started.
    Even still in pro wrestling to Japan they promote MMA and pro wrestling sometimes on one event.
    Lots of MMA fighters have links with the pro wrestling.
    Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock, hell even Bas Rutten has done pro wrestling.
    As for the females Megumi Yabushita for example.

In the 60s in the USA they did pro wrestling, almost all the people and even some wrestlers didn’t know it was slighly staged.

If you like it or don’t like it, it’s even more dangerous than MMA.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:56 am

what is your point?

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:17 am

fight4you wrote:
    what is your point?

That pro-wrestling has a strong link with MMA.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:50 pm
    Pro Fighter

Good point about mma being connected. I know people like sakuraba did it, and U-style combines both, I think…some girls from my dojo did it..I dunno. I heard of ‘tag-team’ matches?

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:16 pm

that is the one thing I HATE about the local HOOKnSHOOTs …the “works” just to sell tickets (chest bumping stare downs, “I’m gonna kick yer azz!”, “You and what army? I am so gonna beat you down.” rednecks in crowd yell “hit him”… Jeff grabs mic and says “Folks be sure and get tickets for the next show to see who’s right.”) I didn’t mind Pro Wrestling and was more than just a fan back when it was more “family friendly.” Just keep it fake or real and don’t mix the two. If an MMA event is a “real” sporting event, than keep it that way completely.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:47 pm

the link between pro-wrestling and mma is that for a time, pro-wrestling was the closest thing to a street fight that fans in the safe seats could watch. also, some like shamrock prostituted himself to join the circus for money

BrianP
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:37 am

Here are my two cents: If a woman mma fighter has been training like mad to only get 2 fights while the other 2 scheduled fights are no-shows; if she has been dishing out and received lumps throughout the years; if she has been training like mad all year while holding down a full-time job; suffering through injuries while training and fighting for limited money; maybe has tried to make some money and notoriety in other fighting sports but could not find the fights or something…

YET: she is energetic, skilled, marketable and of course pretty…

Then, Hell Yeah Sister, take the money the silly wwe is offering!

What little I know of Debi and the seemingly 1,000 ideas that rifle through her creative head at any given moment, I dont think the wwe would ever be one… I do have my idea of who it might be, but I am not saying a word!

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:51 am

to follow your lead u could picture a young woman whose parents had put her through years of dance lessons, who went to a ‘name’ dance college and who has been trying like hell to get into a respected and honored dance company. BUT because spots are few and bills are pilling and rather than working at Krogers as she waits for the call, she decides to pole-dance for pervs at Deja Vu. Same difference. Ballet vs stripping. MMA vs WWE. Usually the value of your beliefs and standards can be set precisely at the point u decide drop them

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:40 am

It’s all about the benjamins.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:16 pm

yea well for some, it might be. that reminds me of the old joke credited to W.C. Fields -“He (reputedly) asked a beautiful young woman if she would go to bed with him for a million dollars, and she answered yes, he then asked if she would render the same service for ten dollars. “Of course not!” she exclaimed. “What do you think I am, a prostitute?” “We’ve already established that,” he replied. “Now we’re just dickering about the price.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?