HnS Women’s MMA Event 11/6/04!!!!!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

rebekah
    Post subject: HnS Women’s MMA Event 11/6/04!!!!!PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:22 am

From Abu Dhabi news page:

HOOKnSHOOT ANNOUNCES WOMEN’S MMA EVENT!
    Submitted by: The Event Promoter
    Posted On 06/23/2004
    November 6th, 2004
    Evansville, Indiana

HOOKnSHOOT will rise to the occasion once again to bring the best women fighters to the forefront of MMA with athletes from around the world.

In April 2002 HnS stunned the world with ‘Revolution.’ An all-women’s Full Contact show that has since won a film award, was shown on ESPN’s ‘Outside The Lines’ and got an even bigger response long after the show was over.

‘Already things have been happening that surpass the first show’ says promoter Jeff Osborne. ‘Playboy has expressed interest in doing an article as well as Femme Fatale Magazine (a publication about prominent women’s rolls in Hollywood movies).’

‘One thing that caught me off guard was MTV’s interest in the show’ continues Osborne. ‘They will be at the women’s show filming for a new series and potentially casting some of the women for the show.’

The main event is now official!

Megumi Fuji of Japan will take on Erica Montoya in the main event.

Fuji is both a Japan National Sambo Champion and pro wrestler as well. Her list of grappling accomplishments are incredible. She is 1-0 in MMA but vows to tap Montoya out!

Erica is not only a fighter, she’s a UFC broadcaster, in addition to her undefeated 6-0 record in MMA, Montoya still remains active in grappling and many consider her a slight favorite to win.
    Unlike the first show, Osborne says instead of 18 fighters, there are now over 55 interested women and he urges others to step up and get involved.

Anyone wishing to sponsor the event or get involved, should contact HOOKnSHOOT@aol.com.

More matches and big announcements will be made in the upcoming weeks!

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:36 am
    Pro Fighter

Excellent! ^_^ has the full card been announced yet?

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:03 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Good Post!!!! It maybe a little early but does Jeff have a bigger list of fighters and will this be an all womens show again..

Thanks
    Chad

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:41 pm

LOL: “Femme Fatale Magazine (a publication about prominent women’s rolls in Hollywood movies).” Great mag! Covers “prominent women’s rolls” by stars like Linnea Quigley and Misty Mundae. Don’t know who Linnea Quigley is? Rent “Return Of The Living Dead” and watch for the tombstone dance scene or rent “Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers”. Her book “Skin” is a horror movie takeoff on Madonna’s “smile” book. Misty Mundae was the star of “Spider Babe”. 😆 😯 Not as graphic as Draculina magazine but thought y’all should know before their reporter is in your face in case that would bother you. Personally I say “to each their own”.

Anybody been able to identify the other women on the poster at

Jeff
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:10 pm

I don’t think Montoya’s open hand fight with Tina Cassaro should count in her record.

FightingFury44
    Post subject: i can identify one of the girlsPostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:44 pm

Hey all,
    I can identify one of the girls on the mma poster. I talked to her online a while back and here is the site for her. She is the one with all the tattoos on her chest.

So here is the site and hope I was a little help to you all since I have not been around much.

FightingFury44
    Post subject: this link works!PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:44 pm

Hey all,
    I can identify one of the girls on the mma poster. I talked to her online a while back and here is the site for her. She is the one with all the tattoos on her chest.

So here is the site and hope I was a little help to you all since I have not been around much.

rebekah
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:51 am

The article says:

“Unlike the first show, Osborne says instead of 18 fighters, there are now over 55 interested women and he urges others to step up and get involved”

so I don’t think the card is yet complete. It does sound like its an all women’s card but I heard there may be a couple men’s matches so I don’t know.

I wish the main event was Purcell vs. Howe! Isn’t that what we’ve all been waiting for!!!

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:14 pm

I just read an article on mmaweekly yesterday re: Jennifer Howe. Money Cox says that Jeff Osbourne claims that nobody is willing to fight Howe.

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:44 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

Jen and I were both approached to headline the show.. due to having no sponsors, it could not happen..

Neither one of us outprices ourselves. Neither one of us said we would not fight each other, It’s not completly about the money. Just that when we do finally fight. wed like to get a little decent payday out of it at least.

As for me Im working on things right now. which I will announce as soon as I can and am able too.

thanx

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:11 pm

This is veering off the subject a little but gives you an idea of how sponsorship and advertising works for another promoter TKO. TKO tried to schedule Howe a couple months ago but the opponent backed out.

Last time I went to Quebec City for TKO there were signs in several local businesses including an auto parts store where I stopped to ask directions. On the radio, which is primarily French language, they had not only ads but the anouncers talking the show up although to be honest I don’t speak French and only noticed with the mention of the fighter’s names and location and something about ring girls. At the show there was a big screen that showed ads between the fights for Coors beer, Lifestyles condoms, and some local clothing company whose neam I forget. The program guide had half page ads for local gyms and “gentlemens clubs”. To top it all off some of the fighters had a local “sports book” (betting) company writen on their backs. Although this writing company logo on a fighter’s back wouldn’t have the same impact on Debi considering the “hooray for me, fuck you” tattoo the point is TKO have sponsorship down to a science. They also have tv broadcast on several networks. TKO have sent David Loiseau, George St. Pierre, and Ivan Menjivar to the UFC.

KM

ABScene
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:33 pm

The woman on the bottom left of the poster is Linda Langerak from Kombat Arts Training Academy in Mississauga , ON Canada
    Rebecca

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:00 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

…i am waiting for this event………maybe….they will discover some new talent………..you know…like belfort…when he first hit the ufc…………and girls with fast hands out there……….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?