Holm over Martin

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

brandy
    Post subject: Holm over Martin PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:06 am

Holly Holm defeated Christy Martin Friday night. Holm actually was a kickboxer before concentrating on boxing full time. I’d love to see Erin against Holly!!

boxingfan053
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:07 pm

I find it interesting that WBAN who is the wowens boxing website seems underwhelmed by the results. IT i s like they would have preferred Christy Martin to have won, and Holly Holm to lose. Can anyone else see the web site and let me know if they agree or disagree. I think Holly did a heck of a job on martin.
    Bill

brandy
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:01 pm

I totally agree. It’s like they’re scared to admit that Martin isn’t even close to the fighter she used to be. Credit to Holly though!

tofu
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:41 pm

I think Erin is a too heavy for Holly Holm by at least 10 pounds. I didn’t really think WBAN showed any preferance to Martin as far as who they wanted to win, but they did classify the result as upset of the year so far as did http://www.fightergirls.com I guess a lot of people thought that Holly was making too quick a jump up in class. Not really sure why. She’s beaten her share of pretty good fighters and you’ve got to step up sooner or later. Martin, in the later stages of her career was probably the perfect pick. She always comes in hard and, though she is dangerous if she hits you spot on, can be outboxed by a skilled fighter from the outside. Plus, she has such name recognition that any fighter would want to put her as an opponant on their resume. Even if Holly had lost it would not have been devastating to her advancement. Most athletes say they learn more in losing than in winning.

brandy
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:18 am

Good post tofu. Who do you think Holly will fight next? Possibly a rematch with Martin down the road, or do you think she’ll hang it up?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?