Hook-n-Shoot article

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: Hook-n-Shoot article Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:03 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Found this on the H-n-S website about the event on the 24th.

EVANSVILLE COLISEUM 300 Court St. Evansville, IN.

Saturday, November 24, 2007. 7:30PM Central

8-woman ONE NIGHT tournament. Only one woman walks away with the belt, the cash, the glory and a bodogFIGHT contract!

The biggest rising stars in the 125lbs and 135lbs women’s division will be on the show.

MERRITT “BUBBY” WARREN vs. DAVID OVERFIELD

COURTNEY “CHOCOLATE NIGHTMARE” RAY coming off two straight wins looks to avenge his ONLY HOOKnSHOOT loss in 3 years to DAN “THE HANDLER” HORNBUCKLE!

The Handler has enjoyed MAJOR success since winning the HOOKnSHOOT title and doesn’t plan on ending his reign.

The Chocolate Nightmare, knocked out FIVE straight opponents before losing to Hornbuckle in March. Ray has finally found his stride going 7-1 in his last 8 fights.

TARA LAROSA (bodogFIGHT champion) will take on CODY WELCHIN.

Welchin is a VERY game fighter! She was one of the only women on earth to come close to defeating Megumi Fuji (14-0).

The fire breathing, punk rocker wants to take out LaRosa and solidify her position in bodogFIGHTS women’s division.

LaRosa is, by far, the UNDISPUTED WOMEN’S WORLD CHAMPION. She is coming back to Evansville, Indiana where her carerr started in 2002.

Joseph Baize and Darron Morse are also scheduled to appear.

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:08 am
    Pro Fighter

“Welchin is a VERY game fighter! She was one of the only women on earth to come close to defeating Megumi Fuji (14-0)”

Cody has potential for sure but came close to beating Megumi? She fought hard but the match wasn’t close.

Josh

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:48 am
    Pro Fighter

😆 😆

That’s what I thought. I’m sure that she’s good, but that match was all megumi.

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:02 am

i also went to HnS`s site
    and found that information on ticket information page after i have seen J`s post telling HnS is looking for a figter(fighters?) at 135, and wondered about it, are they looking for a fighter for that one night tournament?

and also went to check “CODY WELCHIN”… that neme… i think i have seen b4 … ah yes megameg`s oponnent at her first cage match

how did megumi write about Cody? then i went to read Meg`s Japanese blog archives.

She didnt write muach about cody, the article was mainly focused on the very first experience in the cage and rules with elbow and GnP 😥
    i only found Cody is bigger than MegaMeg, but still lighter than Tara.

although i must admit cody is brave, even Tara will cut weight to 125.
    Megumi, then Tara?? the most dangerous 2 girls in the cage or ring. 😯

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:55 am

Hello Josh – Is Megumi still under contract with Bodog or was the fight against Lisa Ward a 1-time deal? Hopefully, she’s still under contract because I’d love to see her and Tara battle it out for the 125 lb title! 🙂

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:58 am
    Pro Fighter

awesome- im glad they found someone; Its good they got a fight for both ladies.

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:40 am

Hello AJ – Speaking of finding fights, when might we see you in the cage again? 🙂

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:37 pm
    Pro Fighter

ShdwPrwler wrote:
    Hello Josh – Is Megumi still under contract with Bodog or was the fight against Lisa Ward a 1-time deal? Hopefully, she’s still under contract because I’d love to see her and Tara battle it out for the 125 lb title! 🙂
    1 fight deal, but we are always willing to go back. Till then we will keep looking for the right opportunities.

Josh

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:18 am
    Pro Fighter

ShdwPrwler wrote:
    whoa there, now just hold on a second… 😉

seriously though, with Tara dropping to 125 that should certainly liven up the division 😀

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:49 am

Ok Rosi, now before you put me to sleep with a rear naked choke…….what I really meant was, that I’d love to see Tara and Megumi fight for the title, with YOU being the # 1 contender and next in line for a title shot. 😉

Of course, since Megumi isn’t under contract with Bodog……a Rosi – Tara fight for the title sounds pretty entertaining as well. 😀

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:27 pm
    Pro Fighter

Just kidding. I’m sure Bodog know what they’re doing, and it looks like there are some very interesting matchups on the way.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?