HookNShoot – I’m out.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

greatlaughter
    Post subject: HookNShoot – I’m out.PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:22 pm
    Pro Fighter

Hi all,
    Well, a sorta-fairtale ended for me a couple of days ago when Cesar pulled me out of the HookNShoot show. I ended up with a staph infection last weekend that, as of today, is probably going to take another 10 days to heal. I had MRSA, which is short for a whole bunch of big words that mean it was resistant to some antiobiotics. After a round of IV antibiotics and three others orally, I have been on the mend for about three, thankful days. I thought I’d be able to continue fighting and in my heart, I still think I could be there but ‘the boss’ said absolutely not. Well, then, I COULD still go w/out his support or approval but since I’m not interested in going behind his back, I’ll acquiesce.
    He said, “heather, don’t worry. this opportunity will come again.”
    HAHAhahahaHA.
    But I guess this is part of the game. You never fricken know. I didn’t know how the fight was going to turn out. I know she puts me to shame in experience but I’ve got a ton of heart & and I’m damn subborn and pretty strong. Anyway, I just wanted a shot to give it my best against a great competitor.
    OK. Enough emotion. I’m finished crying about it. THAT SAID…
    I’m going to try to talk Jeff into letting me keep my tickets and pay him back over a couple of months so I can at least come watch you awesome girls!!

Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:43 pm

🙁 😥

My full support and condolences.

KM

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:35 pm
    Pro Fighter

Awe man! I am REALLY bummed you can’t make it, but I do understand things like this can happen. It must suck to be in that position, I understand you have great heart and would be there if you could. I don’t suggest you go behind his back, but man that sucks.

Everyone undestands that these things happen, don’t beat yourself up over it. Make it out still if you can, I would love to meet you. Who knows though, just as fast as these things happen, somethimes they go away? I myself am terrified something is going to happen to me too, I still can’t believe this is really going to happen.

You WILL have another chance at this Heather, don’t go into it if your not 100%. I mean honestly, alot of this proably doesn’t mean much to coming from me, as a newbie – but I just wanted to let you know that I empathize, (not sympathize) for you and understand where you are coming from. I support you.

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:39 pm
    Pro Fighter

Holy Shit! I just read the Sherdog news and I guess I am out too! I cannot believe this. I am going to go cry now – I guess I do sympathize as well. I cannot believe this F’ng crap! I am going to hunt her down in NM myself if she does not show up to this fight!

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:36 am

Maulinator-let me get this straight; you just heard about your fight here and now? *Ouch*. I wish there was something I could do or say to make you both feel better.

KM

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:50 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

Heather I hope you get better. soon. that is awful news.

And Molly to you. I feel for you I really do.

for the record , I have had trained for about 20 fights that actually ended up never happening . and that is a LOw ball number. and I trained for every single one of them like I was fighting for the UFC. The disapointment is incredible 🙁

I have also pulled out of fights myself for a broken arm. a torn knee ligiment and a broken rib.

As much as it sucks that is the sport. BUt it is especially bad for the ladies. IM not sure exactly why, but it seems as if we get a high number of dropouts.

Jeff Osborn just wrote me and said hes going on record to say that he is 100% sure this is the last womens show he is doing. I have a suspicion that he will change his mind after the show, because im sure as usual all the remaining girls will come into to fight and give 100% of themselves.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:09 am

Heather…
    You should definitely not feel bad about dropping out of your match.
    You tried your best. It was out of your hands.

Hope to see you fighting again soon!

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:50 am

Health over hobby!

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:43 pm
    Pro Fighter

:(…..man that’s depressing. Keep battling the infection!!! damnit >< Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote Mandy_Aus Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:37 am Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:42 am Posts: 39 Location: Australia My sympathies go out to both of you, I couldnt even imagine how you must be feeling at this point after all the hard work i'm sure you've put in. Heather, i really hope Jeff lets you come up to the show I'd love the opportunity to meet you. Best of luck with the infection Kind Regards Mandy Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote Maulinator Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:17 pm Pro Fighter Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:43 pm Posts: 451 Location: Hawaii, fighting out of San Diego, CA I'm Ok now, but yeah - this was the place I heard it first, so I was taken a little off guard. I have been on both sides of the fence before too, I just thought that I had all the bases covered by going to the mainland, where there were a plethora of female fighters. Jeff has done a really good job helping me make sure I have a fight. He found a new opponent for me - Ginelle Marquez. So long as I have a fight, I am happy. I think he'll change his mind too about having another show. I hope so anyway. We'll just all have to be on our best behavior!!! 🙂 Heather - do you think you might make it out anyway? Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote Lil Katai Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:26 pm Pro Fighter Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:24 am Posts: 426 Location: Detroit, Michigan Molly, actually Jeff just asked me the other day if I wanted to fight you. I would have but it is to short of a notice for me and Im still trying ot get my head straight got the game again. I will however be there and on the mats for the show on Sunday. Good luck to all fighter and kick arse! Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote Maulinator Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:18 am Pro Fighter Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:43 pm Posts: 451 Location: Hawaii, fighting out of San Diego, CA Undestandable, but thanks for the consideration anyway. I really wish I could be there for the grappling tourney too, I am interested to see how it all pans out. Have any idea about how many entries there will be? As long as it's not Jennifer Howe, which I thought would be the only option. I would have done it, but not if I had a choice. I mean - miracles have happened before.... 😆 I just hope everything works out for everyone involved. It's more than my fight or anything else, it's a real opportunity to get proper mainstream attention to the women that bust their butts every day with no thanks. To make the world see what we really are. Not "beastly psycho chicks", but LADIES that happen to be truley skilled fighters. That deserve the same credit as anyone else. It's all about representing the sport as a whole. Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote Lil Katai Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:41 am Pro Fighter Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:24 am Posts: 426 Location: Detroit, Michigan "it's a real opportunity to get proper mainstream attention to the women that bust their butts every day with no thanks. To make the world see what we really are. Not "beastly psycho chicks", but LADIES that happen to be truley skilled fighters. That deserve the same credit as anyone else. It's all about representing the sport as a whole." So damn true. Im not sure how many people are going to be in on the grappling tournament. I just hope there is comp. Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote KnockOut2 Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:40 pm Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:19 pm Posts: 439 Location: Louisville, KY "beastly psycho chicks" lol Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top greatlaughter Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:56 pm Pro Fighter Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:15 pm Posts: 259 Location: Petaluma, CA howdy, ya'll. jeff did say i could keep my tickets and pay him back. i offered to help drive so i'll be your personal driver (for some of you) to and from the airport and the fights, etc. i'll be visiting family too, so don't get all crazy on me wanting to go to every K-Mart you see. okay??!! 🙂 anyway, i'm just glad i'll still get to meet you all and don't worry. i'm not 'catchy' anymore. cheers - GO TRAIN!!! Heather Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote Lil Katai Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:30 pm Pro Fighter Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:24 am Posts: 426 Location: Detroit, Michigan How about to and from the bar??? 😀 Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote Mark Grassman Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:56 am Fightergirls elite poster Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:18 pm Posts: 1011 Location: Evansville, Indiana USA greatlaughter wrote: i'll be visiting family too, so don't get all crazy on me wanting to go to every K-Mart you see. okay??!! Years ago, Evansville Indiana had three K-Mart stores. In the '80's, that number went down to two. In the '90's, those two stores closed while a Super K-Mart opened on the Eastside. Today, there are no K-Marts in Evansville. 😯 You would have to drive north to Princeton, or south to Henderson KY to find a K-Mart, according to a phone book. Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote KnockOut2 Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:18 pm Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:19 pm Posts: 439 Location: Louisville, KY "to and from the bar" LOL. Marie... tisk tisk 🙂 Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?