HOOKnSHOOT’S LOSS IS G-SHOOTO’S GAIN! ( credit FCF )

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

FightingFury44
    Post subject: HOOKnSHOOT’S LOSS IS G-SHOOTO’S GAIN! ( credit FCF ) PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:28 pm

After some mix-ups last week with HOOKnSHOOT’s Columbus, OH show set for March 4, 2005, Tara LaRosa was added to the card … now she’s off!

LaRosa, a long time standout in the HnS women’s division, was competing both in Shooto (HOOKnSHOOT) and the Arnold Classic.

Jeff Osborne got the call from G-SHOOTO (Shootos new women’s league) asking for Tara LaRosa to fight on the all-women’s show set for 3/14/05.

“Losing Tara on the show is a let down but the opportunity to fight in Japan is a goal for most all fighters. I don’t hold that against anyone! I’m happy to see her fight in Japan, especially G-Shooto” says Osborne.

LaRosa’s task will not be an easy one. She’s going up against one of the quickest and most skilled fighters (man or woman) the sport has ever seen.

Megumi Yabushita, winner of the big SmackGirl tournament just three months ago, is ready to accept her first fight. Yabushita was temporarily paralyzed after a controversial match with Erin Toughill where she was stretchered out of the building. It was later found out she had a vertebrae injury and wasn’t sure if she’d ever fight again.

Yabushita is most known for her 2000 showing in the Remix World Cup tournament where she clearly was the brightest star (although she didn’t win). She has an extensive grappling record and does pro wrestling as well. Her only losses are a decision to Marloes Coenen and Erin Toughill in which she gave up a considerable amount of weight to both. She also holds a HUGE victory over Svetlana Gundarenko, the infamous 300lb Russian fighter.

LaRosa has a 6-1 record with her only loss being to Jennifer Howe and comes off a strong performance and “fight of the night” at HOOKnSHOOT “Evolution” against Linda Langerak. LaRosa is now more focused and driven for this fight than any fight before.

( CREDIT TO FULL CONTACT FIGHTER )

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:16 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Wow thats big news !!!! I thought Megumi’s back was broken??? what a recovery..

chad

FightingFury44
    Post subject: wow is rightPostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:03 pm

Iam just glad to be able to post useful info on the site since I am not that big of help at time. lol. hope you all enjoy my finds from time to time. 😆

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:38 am
    Pro Fighter

Tara is training hard for this match. She will take it to Megumi! 🙂

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:27 am
    Instructor

That’s great! Congrats and good luck to Tara!!

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:14 pm
    Pro Fighter

Who wrote this article?

Tim Osborne
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:19 pm

best of luck to Tara! She is training her ass off right now, and this is a great chance for her!

Erin.. Jeff Osborne wrote the article..

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:19 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

I wish the best for Tara this is awesome news!!! I am bitter about the spinal injury… Like I said I had my back broken sept 03 to this date a still go to theropy 3 times a week the t 11 hurts to the touch and there is now way I would ever think about rolling with someone….. This is really BS in my opinion and personally feel Erin was robbed..

This is Tara’s threat so congrats and wish her the best..

Chad

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:17 am
    Pro Fighter

that’s funny, i slipped a vertebra and couldn’t do anything for almost two years…oh well.
    good luck to tara.

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:51 pm
    Pro Fighter

LMFAO @ Jeff Osbourne writing such an “unbiased” piece. It makes PERFECT sense now since that came from him. He just can’t stand it LOL He has to downplay me in a little article and keep throwing fule in the fire.

And yes, Megumi is still a cheating scab. Like I said: Megumi was BACK TO TRAINING THREE WEEKS AFTER OUR FIGHT. Whatever, you know? But it’s funny when Jeff Osbourne, still has to be a whiny, little B*TCH about the whole thing. Get over it, Jeff. I don’t know why you’re still bitter w/ me LOL

http://www.fightergirls.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?