Horrible loss this weekend

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

chad
    Post subject: Horrible loss this weekend Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:59 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

Most know that we lost a great friend, instructor, team member, and the list goes on… Sat Jeremy Williams passed away.

RIP you will be missed

Chad

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:43 am

spidermenda
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:45 am

I am sorry to hear about his death. What happen? Was he sick?

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:46 am
    Pro Fighter

R.I.P. Jeremy. You were one of the only people in OC who truly cared about me and my future. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge, and your laughter and all the support you gave to me and all of the APEX fighters. I looked up to you so much, I am so sorry that things came to this. I will always hold you in high regard as I am sure everyone else will who lives you touched. You touched mine and I will never, ever forget what you did for me.
    The best thing I remember about Jeremy is when I would ask him how his day went he would tell me “Just another day livin’ the dream…” I loved to hear that. I made me believe that all the crap we go through to make it in this sport was gonna someday really be worth it.

When Tonya Vlahac died, her friend Peter told me when I asked what I could do to help, he said “Let the people in your life know how much you truly love them EVERY DAY”
    Last edited by Maulinator on Sun May 06, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:30 pm

Date: May 6, 2007 4:01 PM
    INTERNATIONAL FIGHT LEAGUE CONFIRMS THE PASSING OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CONDORS MIDDLEWEIGHT JEREMY WILLIAMS

NEW YORK, May 6, 2007 The International Fight League (OTC.BB: IFLI), the worlds first team-based professional mixed martial arts league, is deeply saddened to announce the passing of Southern California Condors middleweight Jeremy Williams, 27, of Laguna Niguel, Calif. The Orange County, Calif., Sheriffs Department Coroner Division confirmed that Williams died Saturday and that an autopsy will be performed to determine cause of death.

This is a very sad day for the Williams family, Jeremys teammates and all of the Mixed Martial Arts community, IFL Co-founder and Commissioner Kurt Otto said. Jeremy was a tremendous competitor and teammate, as well as being a very strong person who lifted the spirits of everyone around him. Our thoughts and prayers are with Jeremy’s wife, Lauren, their young daughter and the rest of his family, as well as his coaches Marco Ruas and Debi Purcell and all his teammates. Everyone at the IFL, as well as the entire MMA community, will do everything we can to support them in their hour of need.

Williams owned a professional record of 7-2 and was undefeated in his first two IFL fights, last competing at the Forum in Los Angeles on March 17, when he defeated the Tokyo Sabres Kazuhiro Hamanaka. One of the rising stars of the first-year league, Williams was going to miss the Condors next matchup at the Sears Centre in Chicago on May 19, due to a recent recurrence of a sternum injury.

Memorial details will be announced as they become available.

About the IFL

International Fight League (IFL) is the worlds first professional mixed martial arts sports league. IFL has its headquarters in New York, NY and offices in Las Vegas, NV. For more information about IFL, please see: http://www.fightergirls.com

Best of wishes,
    UFN

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:57 pm
    Pro Fighter

omg. I’d just met him in February…

Rest in Peace…..

Debi,I’m sorry.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?