How do i get started in women’s MMA?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

judoka
    Post subject: How do i get started in MMA? Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:42 pm
    Amateur Fighter

Hi Everyone!

The subject pretty much says it all, how do i get my foot in the door in MMA? How do I go about finding sponsors? How do i find fights?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Patricia

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:31 am
    Pro Fighter

Ideally, by finding a good MMA school to train with – they’ll be able to point you in the right direction when it comes to fights. Sponsors are something to look for a few fights down the road, i would think.

judoka
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:34 pm
    Amateur Fighter

Hi Rosi,

Thanks for the reply!

As far as a school goes, I’ve been doing judo for 11 years and have recently added Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu to my training.

I was hoping someone would have some info on how to get in contact with fight promoters and stuff like that!

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:29 pm
    Pro Fighter

Sounds like you’ve got a good base for your training.

I would still recommend trying to hook up with an MMA school, however. Firstly, because MMA is more than striking plus takedowns plus groundwork… a lot of the skill comes in combining the elements. But perhaps more importantly, it helps to have someone who knows the MMA scene to point you in the right direction. It’s also easier to find fights if you’re part of an established team that already has links with promotions and can put you forward.

At the very least, I’d suggest trying to find a manager who can get in touch with promoters and handle the negotiations for you. Fighters are always at a disadvantage in trying to deal with promoters directly, especially when you’re not familiar with the scene.

I’m sure there are people on here who can suggest contacts for schools and/or managers who could help you out.

mostuniquename
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:27 pm

watch a lot of ufc and pride dvds

then go to home depot, get some supplies, and build a woodshed in your backyard

then practice your ass off in the woodshed

that’s how rich franklin became a champion

chad
    Post subject: Re: How do i get started in MMA?PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:36 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

judoka wrote:
    Hi Everyone!

The subject pretty much says it all, how do i get my foot in the door in MMA? How do I go about finding sponsors? How do i find fights?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Patricia
    Great questions! I cannot tell you how important it is to have a good manager. Most trainers are good for training you but do not understand how to get sponsors or even a good payday! Most managers want a % which is great for you because the more they get the more you make!

If anyone is interested in being managed e mail me

judoka
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:14 am
    Amateur Fighter

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I live in a condo so… no backyard wood shed for me lol. i do have a garage though. i was thinking about getting a punch bag in there so i can practise at home to supliment my training at the clubs.

chad… do you have a lot of management experience? do you have a website?

thanks again for the replies!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?