how much are they paid ?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

miss kharitonov
    Post subject: how much are they paid ? PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:21 am

hello girls (and boys too of course! 😉 ), i have a question about money in fights for girlzz : can you give me an idea of how much money a girl can win in a fight like “smack girls” or “hook’nshoot” when a girl win and is a champion ?
    i know that for boys it is very high price : for example, wanderlei silva wins 500000$ for being the light heavy weight champion of pride. 20000$ in K1 etc…
    8)

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:56 am
    Pro Fighter

That varies A LOT depending on how big the promotion is, and how much experience the fighter has. If it’s a small promotion, you might be paid between $200-300 to show up, and$300-500 (in addition) to win. If it’s bigger, maybe $300-1,000 to show, and 300-1,000 to win. Smack Girl paid me one hundred to show and two hundred to win for my very first NHB match two years ago, and then the last time I fought in that World Remix, it was 500 to show, and then third place prize was 2,000 to win. BUt that’s unusual. that’s a ton.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:36 am
    Instructor

Isn’t the highest women’s payday in the U.S. to date $1000 to show – $1000 to win?

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:17 am
    Pro Fighter

i wont disclose how much i made to fight back in march but it wasnt much. i made $100 from my Biz sponsorship though, so it helped a little. Oh well, it was my first pro fight and I don’t do it for the money anyway…right?
    My boyfriend fought march 18th in Akron, Oh for “Fists Against Hunger” which was supposed to be a charity event. Well, they wrote everyone bad checks and now we have to take them to court.
    But it sucks, because we’re $1100 short now, no phone (and now no electric as of today) and I’m the one with a running car. I work two jobs but get paid bi-weekly and the restaurant shorted my check bad last weekend…
    I’m about to go do some toughwoman stuff, i think the one here pays $500…
    I didnt start out to do it for the money, but now these knuckles might come in handy…

“Blessed the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight.” -Psalm 144:1

P.S. how bout my boy Rich woopin on Hamrock saturday (the ninth)?!

miss kharitonov
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:33 am

i’m a bit surprised because i believed girsl where paid a bit more for MMA. i think this is not cool to be paid so few money compared to boys because girlz in MMA get the same punch in the head than boys. i still don’t understand why they don’t include girls fights in Pride or UFC (they did it for WWF! LOL yeah i know it’s fake catch!LOL).
    i’m sure there is an increase of people that would love to see it and enjoy it as much as watching boys in MMA.
    that’s a pity. i’ve never been to Japan so maybe i am wrong but i think smack girls for example is very well_known there. so why not including girlz ? that is the ultimate question…. 😕

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:17 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

Rikki wrote:
    Isn’t the highest women’s payday in the U.S. to date $1000 to show – $1000 to win?

Years back women did get a higher payday and I know some that have made more than 1000/1000…… I have to say there is a market on women in MMA don’t let anyone tell you different. I will give some sound advice for those that want to hear it and make some $$….. If the women stick together and stop under bidding each other fighting for a couple hundred $$.

I am glad there are more and more women getting into MMA but more and more shows now are having women on it…

The law of supply and demand! remember to me the demand is going up but it is up to the fighter or manager to set a price and remember that the price affects the others fighters pay….

Chad

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:08 pm

The highest paid woman in a US show *I’m aware of* got $1500 to show and win. I believe it was 1000/500 but may be wrong, all I know is I saw the check.

I’ve seen women champions get handed $500 cash.

Keep in mind the guys that aren’t headlining get about the same below the UFC. Without naming specific companies a 250/250 to 500/500 is probably average. First time UFC fighters routinely get 1000/1000 unless there is something special. I’ve heard from a fighter that was on a televised show who made $100. The women get less, I’m sure, but its not like the guys below the UFC or even half-way up the rankings are paying rent just on fighting either. Of all the fighters I’ve covered there is only one team I’m aware of whose average exceeds “1/1” below UFC.

Pride is always an exception. UFC headliners are catching up.
    KM

powerhockey17
    Post subject: MoneyPostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:31 pm
    Instructor

My first NHB fight ever back in 1997 I made 500 to fight and 1000 to win in the IFC. I won so I took home 1500.

After that, every show I fought for was a minimum of 500 to show and between 500 to 1000 to win. I negotiated for that, but I had a good record both in sub grappling and NHB.

I am hoping the women get more popular so there can be more money to be made.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:19 pm
    Instructor

The thing about paying women is that it should work the same way it does for men. The more butts you put in the seat the more you should get paid.
    It seems that a lot of women take a pro fight as their first fight….meaning they probably got paid more than they were worth (in ticket sales that is). Where as a lot of men fight quite a few times before they ever get paid. I guess there are pros and cons on both sides when you look at it this way.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?