I’m off to Thailand to train…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Anthea
    Post subject: I’m off to Thailand to train… PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:34 pm
    Pro Fighter

http://www.fightergirls.com

Wohoo well I’m off to Thailand next Friday, no not to do anything noble to help with the disaster (apart from helping their tourism with my mad shopping sprees), but to train MT twice a day at a training camp for a month in the blistering heat and smog…

Hopefully i will not lose too much weight and end up with NO opponents to fight rather than *hardly any* in my weight range in NZ. So in order to combat the probable weight loss i will have to make sure that I stuff my face with all that yummy Thai food at every chance i get. What a horrible concept 😆

Anyone else ever trained over there? Any tips/advice/anecdotes? I’m going with a group from my club (about 10 of us, the majority of whom are guys) so it should be heaps of fun.

Just wanted to share 8)

Anthea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:51 pm
    Pro Fighter

Oh and just to make you all hate me even more, well i decided that it would also help in my quest not to turn into a bag of skin and bones if i went over there with a bit of fat on me to begin with. So since i only thought of this brilliant plan with just one week before i leave, i thought it best that i go out and stuff my face immediately with all the bad food i could buy…

Unfortunately my body is not used to processing *bad food* (i’m a bit of a health freak usually) so i felt really gross all day after this binge (which was at 11am this morning) and was doing these horrible tasting burps all afternoon.

What a hard life eh! 😀

Man i’m in a bit of a sharing mood today aren’t I. Pity no one’s around to talk to me (damn time zone differences…). 🙁

ABScene
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:32 am

Wow that’s awesome! I sooo wish I could go to Thailand to train… oh well, maybe one day.

We have 2 of our students in Thailand right now training. One is in Bangkok training at Sasiprapa gym (he returns today I believe). The other is in Chiang Mai training at Lanna Muay Thai (I think). The one at Lanna Muay Thai fought on Christmas eve (he lost but said it was a great experience). I’m not sure how long he is staying. They have both said the training was awesome! I guess I’ll have some good sparring partners when they get back 🙂

Have fun 👿

Rebecca

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:27 am

Go to the nutrition or vitimin store or whatever- and ask what you can buy to help you put on weight- don’t know too much about it but I remember my brother drinking all sorts of nasty crap to gain weight …. he also ate (my favorite) mashed potatoes a lot… they are less gross than McD’s and you can eat them with your meals every day.

i don’t know tons about this so someone correct me if this doesn’t work… hehe.

gaining weight for me though— hehe…. i think i doubled my portions over the holidays and started trying to slowly eat all that friggin’ Christmas candy my mom gives me every year (she just doesnt understand- GRR)… of course, i only gained like 3 lbs, but I also didn’t have any groceries in MY refrigerator so i wasn’t eating 3 meals a day either. 😉

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:01 am
    Pro Fighter

oooooh you suck. 😀 have fun!

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:17 am
    Pro Fighter

Anthea – I have a friend, Chris Mitchell that went over there for training at the beginning of December. No one has heard from him since the tsunami. He was “supposed” to have been on Ko Phang when it hit, and that island was “supposed” to not have been affected. But could you please keep an eye out or ask around for him when you go? We just want to make sure he is OK….

And have a good time training! That is an awsome opportunity, I am sure it will be fun! Add me to the list of the jealous…. 🙂

Anthea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:27 am
    Pro Fighter

I dont’ know how much i can do but I’ll keep my eyes and ears open- do you know what camp he was supposed to be training at? Let me know if i can do anything else to help.

I will most definitely be having fun… once i get used to the heat and the overload of training etc (apparently it takes a good couple of weeks to get into it properly, although i have been having saunas in preparation…). It kind of sucks because out of respect to the Thai traditions 9which i’m certainly not *dissing*), us women have to wear t-shirts or “modest” tank tops while we’re training, whereas the boys can be topless!

Anyway I’m staying at Kaewsamrit gym which is on the outskirts of Bangkok…. so if anyone knows of anyone that will be in the area then send me a PM or something 😀

Unfortunately i think i’ve left it a little late to gain “real” weight before i leave, though i might pop into the health/vitamin shop before i go to see if they have any advice. But i do like the idea of just stuffing my face full of Thai food all day every day 😀

Anthea

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:19 pm
    Instructor

Sounds like a lot of fun…..I’m jealous too!!!

Anthea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:07 pm
    Pro Fighter

Well i’m off early tomorrow morning (it’s Thursday night here now) so just wanted to say good bye everyone, take care and i’ll miss you all terribly! hehe 😆

i’m sure i’ll have access to the internet while i’m away but of course i’ll be so busy learning how to be a kickass thai fighter that i wont be spending as much time on here procrastinating as i usually do…

See yaaaaaaa

Anthea

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:58 am

Hey Anthea…

If there is a guy named ROB at that gym, tell him Brian from AX says hey 🙂
    He’s a british guy. I believe he’s a trainer.

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:54 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

Have fun Anthea 😉
    Be well and be safe

Anthea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:56 pm
    Pro Fighter

Heyyyy I’m back now after a month of training 6 hours a day in the sweltering heat (never sweated so much my shorts stuck to my bum!). Still pasty white (waayyy to hot to sunbathe- during the middle of the day we just sleep!) but man i had the most awesome time ever, and learnt so much. I can’t wait to get in the ring and try it all out!

Anyone interested in going to Thailand to train should definitely check out the gym (Kaewsamrit in Bangkok), it’s bloody awesome and they train women too (which is rare for the top Thai gyms).

Okay now i have a lot of reading to catch up on 😀
    Anthea

p.s. I didn’t lose weight as i was scared i was going to- i actually gained a couple of kilos (hopefully it’s just muscle) which is a good thing as i’m running out of opponents at my weight division…

Boudicca
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:42 pm
    Pro Fighter

Welcome back Anthea!

thai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:24 am

Suwit Muay Thai in Thailand
    It is just 265 US Dollars a month for Muay Thai training & Accommodation .
    More information & contact : http://www.BestMuayThai.com
    Real Muay Thai in Thailand & Sure good training

luvmachine
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:08 pm

I’m probably going in december. My friend is getting married there.

jjsmommi2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:00 am

the absolute best hands down, i was there for a month.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?