I’m well p***ed off

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

coslisa
    Post subject: I’m well p***ed off PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:02 am
    Pro Fighter

I was supposed to have a pro boxing fight on a show called UK Storm here in England. I know I fight MMA usually but I do loads of stand up and I’ve boxed before so I thought what the hell.

I turned down an MMA fight and a kickboxing bout with a £350/$700 purse for this fight.

The fight is this Saturday (the 18th June) and on Tuesday (the 14th) night I get a phone call telling my husband/manager that the show booked 23 fights because loads of people usually get injured/pull out at the last minute. But this time nobody has dropped out so they are scrapping the women’s fight (I was the only women’s fight) to make way for the others.

This means that I’ve trained for nothing, forked out a couple of hundred pounds for new equipment/clothing/additional time in the gym and now they’re not even paying me. I’ve also lost out on the chance of 2 other fights as well and now I’ve not got the chance to book a fight for another couple of months because of the way the shows fall that I fight on.

I’m well annoyed and just want everyone else to know not to book for the promoters.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:40 am

😡 😡 😡
    THAT SUCKS!

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:28 am
    Pro Fighter

hey think about all the good training you’ve gotten in!! no time wasted. i know how much it sucks, i really, really do. but prepping for a fight forces you to push to new levels – so no going back now. take a day off, go see a movie and get ready to ride the girl-fight roller coaster again.

coslisa
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:19 am
    Pro Fighter

I went to training last night and started grappling again which I haven’t done whilst training for the fight and I can totally feel the six weeks off, so I’m going to get loads of grappling in, I’m sure that tapping out the lads at the gym will make me feel better.

I was just getting over the annoyed part and getting to the disappointed part about the fight cancellation when I read a post on Cage Warriors forum. UK Storm (the promoters who cancelled my fight because there were too many fights) the post said ‘urgent fighter needed at under 65kg’. So basically they cancelled my fight, now someone has dropped out leaving them one fight short and they are urgently looking for fighters to fill the card up.

Now I’m back to the annoyed part!

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:26 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

coslisa, pick a number.

This forum is full of ladies who work their butts off just to have a scheduled fight fall through time and again.

coslisa
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:35 pm
    Pro Fighter

I realise that and I’ve had about eight fights fall through due to injuries or no shows on the night and I accepted them but what annoyed me about this one was that the promoters booked my fight as one of the first on the show then kept booking people until they had too many and then dropped mine first, putting no value on a female fight, (there were no other female fights booked for the show).

Then after all that I see a post saying they urgently need a male fighter because someone dropped out, if they were so over-booked one fight dropping out shouldn’t be an urgent matter.

It wasn’t the fact that it was cancelled, (that happens) it was the reason they gave and the manner in which it was dealt with.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?