This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

fight4you
    Post subject: InjuriesPostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:24 am

What is the most severe injury you have received while fighting?

What is the most severe injury you have caused while fighting?

What is the most severe injury you have watched others receive while fighting?

Did any of the above effect any interest you have in the fight scene?

Robert

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:21 am

Is everyone stumped?

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:25 pm

Well…in spar class…I took an unprotected foot to my unprotected um…Southern region…dude..that hurts!! I fractured my foot at the RMSG on the 31st of July….doesnt stop me from training. Get the usual knots and bruises from spar class..ya know…shin on shin…forearm on shin,knee..feet to the chest….all badges of courage…or so Sensei says.
    Worst injury I have seen and it wasnt that big a deal was we had to spar Sensei and a guy pretty much walked into his foot…he was out for a few minutes. He had a broken nose. Worst I have done is kicked a guy in the nose and made it bleed. Ya know..we karate types are about respect and control…lol. Nothing I have seen or done has effected me…I mean..you walk on the mat..you know you are gonna get hurt in some way. It is a chance you take. You have to be able to take the hits.

VooDoo

Cyphn
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:06 am

Well lests see, there are a lot of things I can think of. I have broken both my wrists, in fights at one time or another, most of my fingers and toes, have managed to get six screws in my knee, and have two fused vertibre in my back now because of it. A few dozen other things such as that most of the time it is something minor such as a few broken ribs things like that., nothing at all major.

The worst injury I have ever seen was someone reciving a broken neck in some invitationals in Okinawa.. That one was a bit rough but it does happen on occation. I have also seen someone get a broken face plate in a street fight, which is something that was actually a bit scarier.

As far as what I have done to others in fights, pretty much anything typical, broken ribs, a shattered jaw once, things like that, which happen.

Of course these things change your perspective.. I mean my back alone limits me greatly as to what I am and am not capible of doing now. I still do practice a bit though I have to be much more conservative then I once was. Anyone that has truly been injured, sometihing more serious the a strain, like a punctured lung, crushed vertibre, shattered a bone or two, is changed a bit by this, if they say they arn’t they are lying.. Reality is when you are bitten you are weary, I would never stop practicing as long as I am capible, but I also know that maybe that next good kick could paraliyse me.. Things like that make you guard things differently.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:55 am

So bruises, scrapes, strains etc are normal. How many of you have either experienced or caused more serious injuries such as a concussion or bone breaks etc. How did you react?

Robert

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?