Interested

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

JodiLynn
    Post subject: Interested PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:08 pm

Well Hey everyone I just joined the forum because I was trying to check out the MMA situation for females around where I live. I love your forum. I actually don’t fight. I’m 16 and ever since I started watching the UFC I’ve had the urge to fight in me. I just don’t think that I have the resources in my town to start, which is extremly dissapointing. Also I’m an extremly shy and I’m out of shape especially compared to you guy (your amazing) but just the thought of this sport excites me so much. So IDK just wondering if anyone has any comments or suggestions for me in this pursuit. Also Im very short I’m 5 feet if I’m lucky know of anyone near my size that fights or trains or do I sound silly? <3 I would appreciate responses! 😳

JodiLynn
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:49 pm

Hello again I found a place half an hour from where I live would you recommend kickboxing classes?

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:44 pm
    Pro Fighter

Tell us more about the school, what type of kick boxing, etc? I’d recommend starting anywhere to begin your conditioning. If it isn’t perfect, you’ll still be developing some muscle and stamina. GOod for you, by the way. Also, I would recommend Jiu-Jitus for practical self-defense as well as fighting. If you want to fight you should work on being well rounded to. Run, swim, etc. for sure. Stick with healthy foods that provide your body energy. Take your vitamins, etc.

JodiLynn
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:53 pm

Hey thanx for responding this is the school I was thinking about. I wasn’t sure if I should start with everything at once or pick a certian thing to start. I was thinking kickboxing because the only girls in the school do that.

http://www.fightergirls.com/

BrawlerBitch
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:11 am

Pick the school that is the most convienent & close to you and get STARTED! It will be hard in the begining & you will feel out of shape, but your fitness level will improve if you stick with it!

Just pick one sport now & stay focused on getting good at that. You can always add something on in the future.

neonataldragon
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:43 am

hey there and welcome…i’m also fairly new to this site, however i’ve been doing Muay Thai for 8 years now and I’ll hopefully be fighting next year…(putting it off until after our wedding)…i agree with BrawlerBitch…you’ll feel really outta shape at first…but keep at it…i find it very addictive…cause you keep getting stronger and better…i’m also very short 5’1″…and this doesn’t stop me…there are tonnes of short fighters….and tonnes of ways to compensate….i’ve gotten used to sparring against taller people, so when i’m up against someone short..i hold back a bit…afraid to hurt em…lol,…have to get rid of that and just kick butt i ‘spose….good luck!!

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:29 pm
    Instructor

I don’t know anything about that school, but if it were me I’d be looking into the MMA classes and the no-gi grappling classes.

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:48 pm
    Pro Fighter

That’s awsome you want to start learning! I think if you have the opprtunity, train both little Kickboxing and a little jujitsu at first, otherwise take what classes you can. Running or swimming or some other cardio on the side will help a lot. Try to do little more or have a faster time every time you do cardio. Push your self in cardio because it just gets easier. After a few weeks start adding in light weights. Low weight high reps. When you feel like stepping it up, do so. Your body will tell you, aces and pains, ect.. Water, vitamins and protien shakes are also good. Like they said, it’s going to be really hard at first, but it’s so worth it. I hope you love it and keep us posted!

coslisa
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:00 am
    Pro Fighter

I’m short too – 5’1, just get started the sooner the better.

Meeshell
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:19 am

Hi there!
    I’m new to this site too though I have been lurking for about a month now. I’m short like you, only 5 feet tall and was well over 155 pounds a few months ago. I started kickboxing in April and in May I decided that the No Gi Grappling classes at my gym looked fun and have been going pretty much everyday since and have finally started losing weight and changing my body!

Everyone else is right, just pick a school that is close and convenient and get started! You do feel out of shape and un-coordinated at first, maybe that will last a week or so. I felt like I would never get the hang of it, but recently I have started getting compliments from other gym members who will stand and watch class. It’ll come to you, just don’t get disappointed with your first class. But it is so addicting, especially if you want to do something with it one day!

I was really out of shape when I started, it took maybe a month and a half, two months of me going every other day or every two days. I was always sore after class and had to build up to going everyday, but now it’s no sweat and I actually fel lazy on rest days, even though my body needs the day off! It keeps my sp psyched and I feel great learning so many new things!

Just start and keep at it! Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:58 pm
    Pro Fighter

I never heard of those instructors, but I knew there was a club in Acton. There are a LOT of people, so that’s a great sign. I used to train at Joao Amaral’s New England BJJ (now the Boston Top Team) in Everett right outside Boston, Jeremy’s school of self defense in Wilbraham, and Kirik’s New England Submission Fighting in Amherst. The Dragon Lair in Framingham also has an excellent group.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?