Is Gina Carano an irresponsible athlete or….

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Sako
    Post subject: Is Gina Carano an irresponsible athlete or….. Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:27 pm

is the pressure of being the “face of female mma” too much for her to handle?

I remember from a video interview a while ago that after the Tonya Evinger fight, she spent an entire month not training and she hasn’t started training with or tried to get aquainted with the guys at Extreme Couture. I understand that fighters need sometime to unwhine after a fight, but one month is a pretty long time. Not to mention, she looked like she let herself go on American Gladiators, which probably means she still hasn’t been training or her fitness very seriously in the last couple months. Also is it really a good idea to be doing all these other projects when you’re suppose to be a professional mma fighter?

Don’t get me wrong, Gina does bring it when it comes to the fight, but she doesn’t seem to like to push herself when it comes to the actual training. That could cost her, especially considering that her next opponent is a pretty much a fitness freak that goes to the same gym as Sean Sherk and Brock Lesnar.

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:35 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Somehow I doubt that Couture is cutting her any slack when she’s there. I think American Gladiators has taken a lot more time than originally anticipated. What do you think her manager told her when NBC offered it? You do it, get out and go back to training. It hasn’t turned out that way. But the increased visibility will help Gina and EliteXC in the long run. It’s worth doing.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?