Islamic Extremists Stop Female Wrestling in Bangladesh

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

KnockOut2
    Post subject: Islamic Extremists Stop Female Wrestling in BangladeshPostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:42 pm

Image After demonstrators took to the streets in the capitol of Bangladesh, authorities there cancelled that country’s first scheduled female wrestling tournament.

The state-run wrestling federation hoped to have women from across the country participate in the event, but gave in after protesters complained that wrestling was “indecent and vulgar for Muslim women.”

The BBC reported, however, that the protesters misunderstood the nature of the wrestling match — the women would wrestle fully clothed, rather than wearing WWF-style uniforms or, Allah forbid, shorts.

The BBC quoted wrestling federation director Tabiur Rhaman as saying,

There is a misunderstanding. They might have thought that it would be a tournament like WWF, but we can assure them there will be nothing like that because we are fully aware of our religious sentiments.

Perhaps it is Rhaman, however, who misunderstands the opposition to women wrestling. Take Islamic reactionary Moulana Mohiuddin Khan who the BBC quotes as saying,

We are even ready to sacrifice our lives, if necessary, to protect our country from any kind of indecent sports.

Please, Khan, feel free to make that sacrifice any time.

also see

from
    “”We are even ready to sacrifice our lives, if necessary, to protect our country from any kind of indecent sports,” Moulana Mohiuddin Khan, leader of Jamiatul Ulama Islami warned.”

From
    “DHAKA, Bangladesh (AP) — Bangladesh’s first women’s wrestling competition was called off moments before the start Sunday following threats from Muslim fundamentalists who termed the event “vulgar and indecent.”

From
    “Games such as wrestling are vulgar and indecent for Muslim women,” Maulana Mohiuddin Khan, head of the Jamiatul Ulama Islami Bangladesh group, told The Associated Press today. Khan said Bangladeshi Muslims “shall not allow our women to take part in such vulgarity”.

Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:03 pm

In the words of Lee Greenwood….

I’m proud to be an American..where at least I know I’m free….

Its only vulgar when the men (or women) with dirty minds make it such. Well, to each his own..since it can’t be HER own.

VooDoo

Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:05 pm

My ideal fight would be to take on one of these Muslim fanatics, especially a terrorist, and thoroughly humiliate him.

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:25 pm

Zoe,

Why dont we get together and take em all on? A bunch of us can hop on a C130…parachute in and start kickin ass and takin names. To add insult to injury…we could fight in short-shorts and bra tops…then hold em down while we shove some bacon and pork sausage down their gullets. (FYI ..pork will keep them from the 72 virgins they are supposed to get for dying in gihad)

Personally, I think a bunch of premenstrual women could end the war on terrorism rather quickly.

😆 😆 😆 😆

Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:00 pm

Right on. Especially for the way these animals target women and children.

Anystylist
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:35 pm

I’m all for women’s wrestling, and Islamic terrorism doesn’t thrill me either. That said…

Voodoo Queen, sticking pork and bacon down their gullets is a step on the road to, oh, shall we say, faking an electroshock interrogation, or making prisoners perform smile acts on each other? Like at Abu Ghraib? Where women were among the MPs who happily engaged in such activities?

Zoe, terrorists are pretty much equal-opportunity killers. And if memory serves, Jessica Lynch (the private taken prisoner by the Iraqis) was treated quite well by the Iraqi soldiers and doctors.

Let’s not demonize or gratuitously humiliate entire religions and ethnic groups. The more we do that, the more we sow future terrorists down the line.

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:35 pm

Anystylist…..I am fully aware of what the terrorists do…I am a military wife and my husband has told me of the atrocities done there. Lets not forget that the US never beheaded any of its POW’s on tv or otherwise..nor were they tossed off of buildings. If one were to stop and think of all the stress and anger that goes with war, one can understand why..perhaps not fully what was done. I am saddened that our soldiers are guilty of these abuses which clearly violates the Geneva Convention. Mind you..not every single American soldier did that. I must tell you about a woman my husband and the rest of his troop found last year. They were on a normal mission looking for weapons caches and doing raids on homes (searching for the 52 on the most wanted list). They came upon a human being..alive, but not recognizable as male or female until a medic had to give them medical attention. Turned out to be a woman who was so happy to see the American soldiers of 3/3 Armored Cavalry Regiment…Killer Troop. You see, she had been raped and tortured by her own brothers. These same soldiers gave the children who begged daily at the gate of the base near the Haditha dam their MRE’s ..only to see the fathers of those children toss them into the Euprhates river.

There is right and wrong that goes on everywhere….one cannot assume that because there is one small group of assholes violating human rights that all of them are. It is a shame that atrocities take center stage (they should be exposed, mind you) and the good things are not even noticed. I say to the ones who put fake battery cables on testicles…well..at least you didnt have it attached to a battery. Put yourself in someone else’s shoes….I can assure you that this war is bad on everyone. I am dealing right now with my husband who is suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. I can tell you, not every soldier sent to kill wants to and when they have to in order to stay alive to come home to their own family, they bring the guilt with that home and the whole family suffers from it.

Not all who are of the Muslim faith are terrorists…just like not all Catholic preists are child molesters. No one was attacking the entire Muslim faith. It is just the extremists I dont care for and the ones who think that women have no place in society.

And..yes there was a woman that was engaged in those activities…and I think she should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. We must also remember that none of that crap was as bad as what those prisoners had done to their own people. Unless you are on the inside and really know what is going on and not just someone reading what the media puts out…you need to do a bit more research. Ask some soldiers who have been there….ask them about the men hiding behind the women and children with RPG’s……The media doesnt tell the whole story. I can assure you of that. My husband is now getting ready to go back to Iraq for one more year in April. Do you think he should just take fire and not fire back? Its war…its hell…it isnt pretty. He has pictures of him and his buddies standing beside the tank with blood all over their DCU’s. They marched from Fallujah to Hit and saw the aftermatch of the Marines being there. He said there were body parts scattered all over the roads.

I will be more than happy to scan photos for you….and even more happy to tell you of the other stories I have heard from other soldiers. Put yourself in a situation where you might wake up to a grenade going off ..or driving down a road only to be blown up…my good friend lost his leg because the “insurgents and militants” planted IED’s in the streets…streets that their countrymen (as well as women and children) walk on.
    By the way…did you happen to hear about the police force that our soldiers trained and those same new police officers got blown to bits …their flesh spattered on the buildings?

I could go on and on…so please…private message me.

VooDoo

Alex
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:40 pm

Muslims seem to be pretty popular as people to be hated right now. In fact, there is new legislation to make the new World Trade Center into the new World Death Center, and it’s going to be this big giant missile pointed at the sky, and if anyone fucks with us again it’s gonna blast off and destroy Mecca.

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:40 am

It isnt the Muslim religion or Muslim people as a whole. It is the extremists…. A true Muslim ..the same as a true Christian does not wish to harm another human being.

Alex, you are entitled to your opinion, but you must be sensitive to those in NY who may have lost someone on 9/11. New Yorkers are more sensitive to that than the rest of us..ok?

VooDoo

Anystylist
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:42 pm

Voodoo,

I was happy (in an ironic sort of way) to see the seriousness underneath your long post. Now, since this is not a foreign policy/national security board, I don’t want to go further off-topic, but I’ll make three points.

1. To truly win the war on terror, you have to win hearts and minds, which means offering a better alternative, which means acting on a higher moral plane than the enemy. Abu Ghraib, Halliburton kickbacks, and the entire mess of deception, bad policy, and worse execution has turned opportunity into a PR disaster that will create more terrorists for us to kill in the future. So, let’s not rub their noses in it. Rather, give the carrots to those who will take them, isolate those who are implacable, and hunt the latter down with precision.

2. Alex is from Brooklyn, and I’m from Manhattan. I can’t speak for Alex, but I live/work within three miles of Ground Zero, and I got to breathe lots of particulate matter on 9/11. Hasn’t made me more sensitive or killed my sense of humor, though.

3. Be careful whom you wish to fight. You can’t be sure how much training they’ve had, unless your intel capabilities are better than our government’s. (Although our government has some room for improvement on that score 🙂

3. It is

Anystylist
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:44 pm

Oops, disregard last line. Reminder to self: preview entire doc next time!

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:27 pm

No, to win the hearts and minds of Islamo-fascist terrorists, one must subscribe to the view of peace through the use of overwhelming force. Anyone that that blows up pizza parlors and attacks grade schools is not one to listen to reason. One can’t argue with a sick mind. Those nutballs look at us as being Infidels, as being an immoral infestation corrupting Allah’s world. Their view is to convert us or kill us.

Reason does not work with that.

Also – for better or for worse, we are a culture of the 21st century. They are a culture of the 10th. Do the math.

Last edited by fight4you on Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alex
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:49 pm

To fight the war on terror effectively, and protect the rights and freedoms of our citizens, we must be able to anticipate every manifestation of terrorism and not just oppose it with unanimous condemnation but also with high professionalism of the special services, and also active use of all international legal tools developed in the framework of the UN Security Council, the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe, the European Union, NATO and other international organisations. Terrorists who commit mindless crimes against defenceless people represent an extremely serious danger to the whole civilized world, which is now organized into a worldwide terror network. Terrorists have no morals, as evident by use of cruel-beyond-belief attacks as a means to achieve political aims. Therefore, practical fight against terrorism brooks no disclosure of methods. Obviously, dissonant with this are the mildly speaking ambiguous statements in which an attempt is being made to divide terrorists into “bad” and “good.” This kind of assertments are absolutely unacceptable. This is called “double standard”. Do you really think that brutal acts of terror should lead to a fundamental change in state policy in a way demanded by the terrorists?

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:42 pm

My my…am I actually AGREEING with Alex?

The point is…deal with the extremists before they kill all of us infidels…um..they even view our children as targets.

This war is something that is serious to me…yes…I do have a sick sense of humor…and without humor…no matter how twisted…then things just couldnt get any worse.

VooDoo

as a frmr sailor with a very high top secret clearance..i can say we have good intelligence..it is what is done with it by the powers that be is what gets us killed. and you can take that tidbit to the bank. alot of it monetary…trust me.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:43 pm

that is why preventative strikes are correct

Anystylist
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:08 am

All right, let me be crystal clear: you try to win the hearts and minds of the general population, even those who might dislike you, but you hunt down the terrorists, i.e. those who actively execute paramilitary strikes or provide logistical support for such strikes. I’m not arguing for giving veto power to the U.N., issuing press releases announcing tomorrow’s strikes, or anything else that would preclude military effectiveness. I am saying that we should define our targets with great discrimination and then attack them with great precision.

Military strategists from Sun Tzu onward have recommended getting as many of the general population on your side as you can. Mao’s dictum about the guerrilla swimming in a sea of the people has an obvious implication: drain the sea by winning the people, and the guerrilla is a fish out of water.

But since the latest polls show that only 2% of Iraqis view U.S. forces as liberators now, we’re evidently not doing a very good job of draining the sea.

Enough said. I’m off this topic.

Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:21 am

We need to be ruthless, and unyielding and kill them all. They are out to kill us all, there is no choice. If wimpy liberals get in the way, knock ’em out. Watch the Russians- they won’t take this crap and will do anything necessary.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:31 am

where did u get those iraqi polls? from moveon.org?

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:16 am

Zoe, that is some of the most ridiculous, brain-washed bullshit I have ever heard.

I’m sorry but political and religious discussions shouldn’t be allowed on martial arts or fighting forums. Fighters get on their soapboxes and apply their aggression toward political topics. The result is an ignorance mess of sloppy points vomited onto the screen by people who are too stubborn to know the difference. No thanks. I would prefer to remain ignorant of their political views…and maintain my existing respect for these fighters.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:27 am

then get off the board and keep your opinions to yourself, knockout

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:37 pm

yes…cuz that was my point.
    Good job. Way to pay attention.

I’ve noticed that there is a lot of attitude on this forum.

So, fight4you, that means that if anyone EVER has a problem with ANYTHING posted on this forum, they should just leave the forum instead of voicing their thoughts? I seem to remember you recently complaining about posts made by a particular forum member (scarce). In fact, I think you’re also, in a way, voicing your opinion in your response to me. Take your own medicine.

fight4you, why don’t you just stick to using fightergirls as a pickup bar with your private messages and stop telling other guys to leave the forum. Don’t worry, I’m not trying to “encroach on your territory?”. You and I are on this forum for different reasons.

Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:58 pm

Haha “knockout” must be a sissy liberal.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:02 pm

…hmm….
    yeeeaah…
    okay.

I’m glad things are so simple in your world.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:37 pm

knockout keeps following me and I am not interested. zoe, go pound some sense into him/her/it.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:11 pm

What??
    So that is your modus operandi here?

1. Flirt with the women
    2. Insult the men

??

dude
    Post subject: Another reason…PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:46 am

why USA needs to win the war on terrorism. These Islamic fundamentalists won’t ever give up their Stone Age beliefs. The terrorists and Islamic fundamentalists cannot be appeased like some of the Euros seem to think. Let’s hope Rumsfeld stays Secr. of Defense for a while longer cuz he’s got some determination.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:37 am
    Pro Fighter

hooo boy….

Knockout, you always seem polite in your posts….Zoe’s posts always seem blunt like that. We all have our opinions, so why don’t we just leave it at that? I thought this thread was pretty interesting to read until people got pissed off… :} I guess when people feel passionate about things that’s what happens. I feel very mixed on the war…sad that it has to happen, knowing sometimes people have to go to war…*shrug*

Muslims women still have to wear those head coverings, but that’s their culture, and one should be tolerant of other people’s cultures and values, even if we don’t agree. (reference Star Trek’s Prime Directive, for other dorks out there) I’m not saying they should stay like that. Stuff like that is done away with little by little, and at least they are taking steps to GET female wrestling. That means people are at least practicing wrestling, right? 🙂 if they were going to have a tournament??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?