Jan vs Ginelle

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: Jan vs Ginelle Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:32 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Who will win the #1 Contender Bout between at HooknShoot: The Women Are Back on Nov. 18 2006: Jan Finney or Ginelle Marquez?

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:07 pm
    Pro Fighter

If it happens Ginelle will kill Jan. No offense Jan, you rock, but Ginelle is one tough cookie. 😉

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:44 pm

I am a fan of both…I guess it depends on how long Jan can keep the fight standing up.

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:33 pm
    Pro Fighter

Not long with Ginelle’s wrestling, and she can take a punch.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:45 pm
    Pro Fighter

i’m still waiting for jan to get rocked for stripping into the ring during the barbie girl song. if it can’t be me, then it will be ginelle.

i’m like 75% serious. i can appreciate jan’s gusto and she did have good form in the last hooknshoot i saw but i think ginelle has super potential, turns her hips on her punches, is a good wrestler and i’d put my money on her. i’ve always wanted to fight her because i thought she’d be a tough opponenet. so – go ginelle – woohoohoo

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:23 am
    Pro Fighter

jan is in a bad situation. it sucks because i really like her, i trained with her a lot.
    but facts are facts. jan is too athletic and cuts a fair amount of weight. she mauls girls in the lower portion of the ladder but is not technically proficient enough to fight the upper eschelon. with more experience shes going to give a lot of people problems though.
    the belt was put out there to get some of the girls who arent as well-known more serious fights and exposure. we’re not talking about laura d’auguste, tara larosa, and debi purcell here. therefore, ginelle and jan ARE the #1 contenders.
    i foresee ginelle winning based on takedowns and ground control. i dont know that shell submit jan because jan is really good at defending and getting out of submissions. she may, but i think it will be more of a control/ground punishment issue.
    i then foresee ginelle taking the belt and keeping it for a while, even though julie is a badass and i like her a lot. ginelle AND jan are perfect examples of the records-dont-matter (ESPECIALLY in the female circuit) theory. When you fight good people right off the bat and lose to them, you cant really blame anything but the game itself.
    i do ALSO forsee jan getting another #1 contender and title shot though, for sure.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:33 am

We’ll find out Saturday night!

spidermenda
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:38 pm

Jan has been a little smile here lately so maybe if she loses she will get her head out of her butt and focus. i don’t know who will win, it will be a good fight. I cannot wait till I get my next fight. My problem is that I am at 180lbs and no fighters. Oh well, I am still trying to get smaller, good luck to them both

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:43 am
    Pro Fighter

its easy to win in a grand fashion when youre fighting people who dont hit you. i dont know about her being smile though, i havent seen her since way before i moved…

spidermenda
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:48 pm

True, Jan has received a couple of easy fights but I think she is starting to get her wake up when she fought Julie a couple of times and now Ginelle. I hope Ginelle gives her a really good fight. Trust me, I know what is going on behind closed doors and it is not cool. She should of stayed with Chris.

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:33 pm
    Pro Fighter

I personally am not really a fan of ginelle’s because of some old bullcrap (which i hope we could both put behind us), but i am not going to take away from her skills. I have ginelle with this fight. Jan may be strong- but ginelle actually is very skilled. If it goes to the ground- the rest is history. Good luck to both ladies tonight- I am happy they are able to put on a show like this and both girls really deserve to be there!
    ~AJ

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:40 pm

and who is more likely to get hurt?

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: EVERYONE THAT POST HERE WAS WRONG!PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:53 am

Finney by first round armbar. 😮

They both looked great…Jan just won…pure and simple.

What many of us didn’t take into concideration is that this was Ginelle’s first fight in exactly 2 years. That’s isn’t to take away from Jan….because she is always tough. I think all of these post, doubting her ground game, must have inspired her. 😉

I was with Ginelle until 4a.m., she never got down and was in her normal wacky state. 🙄

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?