Jeff Osborned named BodogFight Commissioner

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Rikki
    Post subject: Jeff Osborned named BodogFight Commissioner Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:43 pm
    Instructor

Quote:
    Stylish mixed martial arts force BodogFight is adding to its highly regarded team of MMA professionals. Today, the show announced it has secured the services of Jeff Osborne (Pictures) as BodogFight Commissioner.

Since founding Hook and Shoot in 1996, Osborne has become a recognized personality within the MMA community for his commentary work with various fight promotions. He has also spearheaded the effort to integrate women into the mixed martial arts scene – a strong credit to his name as BodogFight is quickly acquiring contracts for many of the world’s top female combatants.

“We’ve been pleased with the contribution Jeff has made to BodogFight as a member of our commentary team, and we expect the experience and knowledge he possesses will serve him well in his new role as Commissioner,” said BodogFight creator and Founder of Bodog Entertainment, Calvin Ayre.

As Commissioner, Osborne will ensure the rules, regulations and medical requirements set by State Athletic Commissions are adhered to – a challenge he is clearly excited about.

“I am thrilled to be taking on this new role, and I want to thank BodogFight for giving me this opportunity,” Osborne said. “We are definitely on the same page in that we share a genuine concern for fighter safety and a commitment to upholding the highest standards.”

Fans can still enjoy Osborne’s expert commentary each week on the hit TV series BodogFight: St. Petersburg, airing Tuesdays and Saturdays at 11 p.m. / 10 p.m. Central on ION Television, and on the award-winning web site BodogFight
    Congratulations Jeff!

P.S. I don’t know how that “d” got in his name in the title!! 😕

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:40 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

Wow this is good news..

Just some history about Jeff..
    Jeff and Miguel both owned or were partners in HooknShoot during the time when Revolution was made (first all women MMA card). For some reason or reasons the 2 parted ways Miguel went on to work for Bodog and Jeff stayed with HooknShoot and did more shows.. Both being really great in the sport of MMA are back being a team from what I am reading here..

This is really good news!!

Chad

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:15 am
    Pro Fighter

congrats to Jeff ^^

BrawlerBitch
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:26 am

Sounds like great news!

8)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?