Jen Case Signs with Elite XC to fight Chris Cyborg

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

debi
    Post subject: Jen Case Signs with Elite XC to fight Chris Cyborg march 21 PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:27 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

We just sigend Jen Case’s contract last night. She is now offically a Elite XC fighter

She faces Chris Cyborg at 150 on March 21 in Santa ynes Cal Live show time PPV please check news for the rest of the information later today

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:29 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Oh yea! This is gonna be good ❗ 😀

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:07 pm
    Instructor

Nice! It’ll be good to see Jen back in the ring.

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:33 pm

This is awesome news, This shows that Elite is for really stepping up for female mma.

murka
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:08 am

That is awesome because that means that Cris Cyborg will be fighting with elitexc, with a possibility of facing Gina Carano in the near future, which is a stylistic match up made in heaven. xtreme couture vs chute boxe.

Unless Jen Case walks through her of course. 😮

Which weight will they be fighting at? 145?
    ________
    DAIHATSU FELLOW MAX HISTORY
    Last edited by murka on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

J
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:40 am

This is great — will be an exciting fight, no doubt.

I also find it interesting based on all the talk about a woman’s looks and her chance of getting a big public/televised fight. PLEASE don’t get me wrong — both of these ladies are beautiful. But Jen does not have long flowing golden hair, and in pictures I have seen of Cris Cyborg, she is built like a…. like a Cyborg 🙂 They are both very skilled & seems like they have been chosen mainly based on that. Seems like a step in the right direction for EliteXC.

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:14 pm

Blogger was down but it’s working now and I got this up on my blog. I would like to know if this will be on The Fight Network in Canada.

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:54 pm

J wrote:
    This is great — will be an exciting fight, no doubt.

I also find it interesting based on all the talk about a woman’s looks and her chance of getting a big public/televised fight. PLEASE don’t get me wrong — both of these ladies are beautiful. But Jen does not have long flowing golden hair, and in pictures I have seen of Cris Cyborg, she is built like a…. like a Cyborg 🙂 They are both very skilled & seems like they have been chosen mainly based on that. Seems like a step in the right direction for EliteXC.
    I wonder if we’ll ever Gina built like Cyborg if she gets a good team of nutritionists and strength trainers behind her.

kaitlinrose
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:46 pm
    Pro Fighter

That’s exciting. It would be interesting if a 150lb division also takes off. The addition of a 130 class would be awesome too. Even if they aren’t standard weight divisions, it would be neat to have several weight classes. I think there are enough women that could fall into each of these three categories to keep it competitive as well.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:43 am

this should be a *great* barometer fight to see where Cris and Jen are at this point. a 150 division (or any other) is fine imo and only expands the options and opportunities for more of us in the future. as I’ve maintained this whole “looks” and weight issue has mainly been fueled by a bunch of bs and tabloid propaganda… 😉

kaitlinrose
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:09 pm
    Pro Fighter

Um, a press release today said that this bout is supposed to be at 140. I have a hard time believing that. Can Deb or anyone in the know comment on that?

It would be nice if there were a few weight divisions for the ladies to choose from. I am under the impression that a lot of us have tried to meet at 135 for more competition, (or 140 in this case I guess) though that is not necessarily an ideal weight for everyone. Some have even put themselves in the hospital trying to get down! 😯 And it is unfair if someone who is smaller has no choice but to fight up.

I think the competition will only be better, too, if the ladies are allowed to play with their weight the way that the men are, and decide through trial and error which weight is best for them. I don’t think this has been much of an option before (other than maybe bodog’s 135 and 125) but 3 or more weight classes would be sweet.

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:29 pm

kaitlinrose wrote:
    Um, a press release today said that this bout is supposed to be at 140. I have a hard time believing that. Can Deb or anyone in the know comment on that?

It would be nice if there were a few weight divisions for the ladies to choose from. I am under the impression that a lot of us have tried to meet at 135 for more competition, (or 140 in this case I guess) though that is not necessarily an ideal weight for everyone. Some have even put themselves in the hospital trying to get down! 😯 And it is unfair if someone who is smaller has no choice but to fight up.

I think the competition will only be better, too, if the ladies are allowed to play with their weight the way that the men are, and decide through trial and error which weight is best for them. I don’t think this has been much of an option before (other than maybe bodog’s 135 and 125) but 3 or more weight classes would be sweet.
    Well, the only way it’s possible to have so many female weight classes is if it’s in an all-female league like FFF.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:05 am

i think it really all depends on the number of girls in the sport…that is key and one of the main points of attracting and transitioning as many as possible. we are not there yet but at the rate it’s growing should be within a couple years. more girls means being able to fill and support more weight classes, have more alternates for backouts, and will help solve all the various other issues. not only for leagues like FFF but more girls will then be able to bounce to other existing and new orgs which are forming. no-one should have to kill themselves to move up or down but many shouldn’t have problems with a 5-10 lb float and/or it’s their choice to fight up as Rox did with Marloes or Yab specifically asking for Lana…

in this case (unless it was a mistake in the press release) Cris and Jen cutting to 140 sounds f’n killer as long as they are doing it the right way and not toasting themselves last minute. same as i think Erin T looks and will be even more primed walking around at 150-155, which is cool because she can now legit healthy cut and possibly meet other girls at lower weights. having more weight classes available gives more options and potential for additional great matchups to happen…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?