Julie Kedzie wins HnS 8-Woman Tourney!!!!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

TapSkilz
    Post subject: Julie Kedzie wins HnS 8-Woman Tourney!!!! PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:21 pm

Julie Kedzie fought and won, not 1, not 2, but 3 MMA fights tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!! Julie competed in the Hook’N’Shoot 8-Woman 135lbs. Title Tournament and won the whole damn thing!!!!!!!! She beat her first opponent easily.(Keylock from mount after smashing her face a lot).
    Her next opponent was a super tough Jan Finney (Arnold/Gracie World BJJ Champion). Jan KO’d her first opponent, fast. This was a pretty tough fight, but Julie won via unanimous decision!

Julie met Molly Helsel(NAGA 2002,2003, & 2004 No-GI Champion)in the final. Molly had submitted her first 2 opponents. The fight was close and went all 3 rounds. After the 3rd round we didn’t really know which way the judges were going. It was a close fight. I thought that Julie had won, but I am also bias.

It was a split decision in Julie’s favor!!!!!!!!!

Julie made everyone extremely proud tonight. I am just so pleased with her performance and with her progress as a fighter. She won a freaking 8-woman MMA tournament!!! That is amazing!! It was a great night and Julie deserves this win more than just about anyone. She is constantly in the Academy or at the Gym motivating everyone around her to train harder. We should all be very proud to call her a team-mate! Good job Jules!!!!!!

James Clingerman

http://www.fightergirls.com

JulesK
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:08 pm
    Pro Fighter

Thank you, James 🙂 I come from a great school with an awesome couple of teachers, and it makes me happy to be a credit to you and the team.

🙂

I also extend major kudos and a huge THANK YOU to Molly Helsel, who is now my personal hero.

Molly, I love you, girl. You kick so much ass and I am so honored, not just to have fought you, but to know you as the beautiful, tough fightergirl that you are. You inspire me.

Much love and respect,
    jules

gretamobetta
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:51 pm
    Pro Fighter

Congratulations to Julie and Molly, and Thankyou to HookNShoot.
    This tournement gave a great showcase of talent, and I have never been so PROUD to be involved in MMA. These two left it all in the ring! No regrets!!! Molly has a wicked gaurd, Fuc#ing Wicked!! Oh, and the stand up was NICE!!
    You are who I want representing my sport!

Lisa Ward- 122lbs of nasty, I want to see you fight more, and I will tell anybody that will listen. (wait til you see her move, wow, impressive)

Jan Finney-looks like she hits really Fu#king hard, she is in impressive shape, and I would like to see you fight more too. It better not be another year.

AJ- Where were you? 😥 We all wish you could have made it.

Ginelle- Free Bird!!!! It was great to see you, lets hope we can get you here for my next fight. Fighter Girls rule, and I am so inspired to train after what I saw this weekend. 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:03 pm
    Instructor

Greta will you give us a run down on the Julie / Molly fight? Please please please!!! 😀

gretamobetta
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:21 pm
    Pro Fighter

Thank the good Lord I am not a judge. It was really back and forth for three rounds. These fighters would answer back on everthing, Rikki you have to just see the fight, and you give me the run down. They both are well versed in all aspects of the mma game, and I would love to see the rematch. Molly did get a cut over her eye, suprisingly not a problem.
    It was pretty even.. 😀 ( remember I am friends with both of them) 😕 😕

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:04 am
    Instructor

Well, hopefully this DVD will actually be for sale some time in the future. I just don’t want to wait that long to find out! 🙂

Mystee
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:48 am

I was originally told the DVD could take 6 to 8 months..hopefully it won’t take that long though 🙂

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:17 am

Mystee,
    I have bad news…last November’s all female card still hasn’t been released. Hopefully your right though.

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:51 am
    Pro Fighter

well, obviously i didnt fight like myself this time.
    getting caught in the first round really threw me off and i didnt really want to go back out there right away but i felt bad for molly and didnt want her to get a by and have the other girls fight more.
    so i did what i always do when i get frustrated, which is cover up, stand there and take it.
    i probably didnt behave as sportsmanlike as i should have, apologies for that.
    all the girls did awesome, and julie was my pick to win so she totally deserved it.
    in some time you guys can see how i really fight instead of how i fight when my head takes over.
    sorry about all that.

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:47 am
    Pro Fighter

I am so proud of molly, we have been friends through most of each others fight careers, and i have never been so proud of her. She has 10 times the determination, skill and heart than i could only wish to have. I apoligize for not being there mol, i had previous commitments that left me in a bind.(ya know) Congrats to all the girls, JULIE!! congrats, either way, i would have been happy for molly or you to have that lovely belt around your waist. Great job ladies, julie im proud of you too. 😀

Mystee
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:01 am

Congrats Julie….the final fight with Julie and Molly was great!

My head took over for me for some reason in this tournament too, not like me to let it happen either, but I guess it does and in the end it was really a great weekend…Jeff and everyone doing the show was just awesome.

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:09 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

BIG Congrats Julie, Molly, I heard you had a a awsome fight,
    Mystee NO worries you’ll be back.

Now will you Juile or Molly please call me and tell me all about it LOL.

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:36 pm
    Pro Fighter

Quote:
    Her next opponent was a super tough Jan Finney (Arnold/Gracie World BJJ Champion)

When was Jan the Arnold/Gracie world champion?? 💡

Sounded like an awesome weekend for the chicks. Wish I could have been there to see it myself. Congrats to all who put it on the line and put on a great proformance from what it sounds. And also a huge congrats to Julie!

luvmachine
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:54 pm

……

Last edited by luvmachine on Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:23 pm
    Pro Fighter

Wow that’s great! 😀 Congrads, fightergirls ! WHOOOT

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:51 am
    Pro Fighter

jan never was. she has not competed in BJJ.
    jan is a sick, sick kickboxer….but her old manager, chris benavides, lied about her competing at the arnolds to “boost her career”, just like he tried to lie about mine and wanted me to do poses in little outfits for my “fight promo” pictures.
    yeah. right.

TapSkilz
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:20 am

Oh… sorry then. I actually got that little “fact” from her bio on this site. Sorry.

luvmachine
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:53 pm

XcashXmoneyX wrote:
    just like he tried to lie about mine and wanted me to do poses in little outfits for my “fight promo” pictures.
    yeah. right.

That attitude should be standard in mma imho.

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:21 pm
    Pro Fighter

well, i mean…i look weird enough, its not like i have to do anything special…
    besides that, im built like a boy so it makes all the glitter kind of pointless.
    so, if people cant appreciate me in my normal fight gear, oh well. ill put on makeup and do my hair for photos because i dont want to look like a hag, but thats about it.
    besides that, i really could give a rats behind if people are entertained. i just like to compete, i dont even think about the crowd once im in the ring. i think its awesome that people are starting to support womens fighting because that means more fights will happen, but its competition for me.
    im sure that attitude will probably be my downfall, but no dirty old dude is going to tell me i have to jump through hoops to be “marketable.” i mean, people ask me to fight all the time now, and none of them ask my manager if im pretty enough to be on their show.
    however, if you DO have it, there is nothing wrong with flaunting it. i think thats another thing to be addressed, is that a lot of people seem to think if a girls pretty she cant fight. thats nonsense, and all the girls i was around this past weekend proved the skeptics wrong.

voly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:29 pm

Have no knowledge whatever of Jan Finney’s credentials. Though considering she was able to achieve a first minute knockout of a quality opponent it does look like she has appreciable talent. For the record, what technique did she use for the KO? Rnc? Triangle choke?

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:52 pm
    Pro Fighter

no, she basically bombarded the girl with punches until she iced her. the whole fight lasted like 20 seconds maybe…her fight with julie was really good though.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:35 pm

voly wrote:
    Have no knowledge whatever of Jan Finney’s credentials. Though considering she was able to achieve a first minute knockout of a quality opponent it does look like she has appreciable talent. For the record, what technique did she use for the KO? Rnc? Triangle choke?

She punched her in the face…pure and simple.

spidermenda
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:02 pm

jan never was. she has not competed in BJJ.
    jan is a sick, sick kickboxer….but her old manager, chris benavides, lied about her competing at the arnolds to “boost her career”, just like he tried to lie about mine and wanted me to do poses in little outfits for my “fight promo” pictures.
    yeah. right.

In reference to above comment: WHat is up with the accusations of lies and posing in “little outfits” for promo? For you info Jan and I agreed with any poses for our OWN self promotion. I see you on the latest poster and you look to have a short tank top shirt on? What happen to the “if people cant respect me in my fight gear?” I dont see any fight wear in that pick. You do have a choice in the matter of your fight pics. Chris has NEVER EVER lied nor has he ever forced us to do something we didnt want to do. In fact when we do our promo pictures Chris doesn’t have much to say about it. He just sits back and lets us make our own decisions that is in a tasteful way. I would appreciate it if you dont talk **** about my manager and my trainer. Thank you.

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:39 pm
    Pro Fighter

Juliechan,
    where you able to get any pictures? 😉 any one able to get pics? Would love to see them. 😯
    ahhhloha!

jamesjudo
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:55 am

I mean what can you say but WOW What a Kick Ass Job Vs some tough female NHB fighters 3 fights and to be the Winner great job watch out 135lbs weight class!!!! Julie is on Deck!!!! 😛

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:45 pm
    Pro Fighter

i didnt say he forced me to do anything. i said i disagreed with it and therefore CHOSE not to do it.
    second of all, i have on a sport top and kickboxing shorts, you cant see the shorts…which is what i train in most of the time.
    i dont know what he told you but i DO know what he told me when i didnt want to wear particular garb which was that “smile sells” and that i needed to sign a contract for him before i even fought ONCE. thus, jorge said “you’re my fighter now so stop messing with that guy.”
    thats also the reason that he tried to tell jan after she started training with mike that he was going to take 30% of whatever she made or take her to court. (i got this from mike) which i think is pretty sh*tty being as no girl fighters make much money, especially early on in their career.
    and because im telling the TRUTH based on my experience with this guy, i really dont care if anyone gets mad about it because i dont trust that guy and i think its very uncool what he was doing to jan about the money situation, and holding pieces of mike’s ring “hostage” until the matter was resolved.

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:50 pm
    Pro Fighter

also, what about the mystery competitions?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?