July 17th boxing!! Laila Ali x Nikki Eplion

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Erin T
    Post subject: July 17th boxing!! Laila Ali x Nikki EplionPostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:42 pm
    Pro Fighter

Ali will fight Eplion Sat July 17th in Washington DC. They are the MAIN EVENT on a PPV card that will air 9 PM eastern (6 PM Pacific) on IN DEMAND PPV. This will be a 10 round title fight where Ali puts her belts on the line.
    Nikki is a former toughwoman competitior and mother. Overall consensus is that it’s not a very good match up because of Eplion’s “lack of skill”. Could be a good fight – never know. Definitely worth tuning into though.
    Ali 16-0/ Eplion 11-1
    Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

Rick Alexio
    Post subject: ;PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:04 pm

And nice to finally see some ‘heat’ starting in women’s boxing…most since the Rijker/Martin deal that never happened. Main event pay-per-view is the ticket to ride…

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:05 pm
    Pro Fighter

Lord….did anyone else see this fight?? This was the first “big” women that Ali faced…and you could tell it was a BIT diiferent for her LOL Unfortunately, Nikki has no skill to back up her heart. She DID want this fight – but tough woman skills don’t cut it. 2 questions for Nikki: where was your jab and where was your lateral movement – or for that matter – where was ANY of your movement???

Laila has no lateral movement either. She said she “did not need her jab” LMFAO Now if that was not one of the funniest things I have ever heard. Laila had no jab, no defense, head down, and she really “pulled back” her right hand before she even threw it. That’s something you learn on your first day NOT to do. Her stance was quite squared and her arms were WAY too open. Straight punches will go RIGHT through there. So…Ali is WAY overrated. You could tell that she had a harder time w/ someone who is actually her size. Imagine when she fights someone wilth skill AND size….

I’d like to get some feedback if anyone saw this fight

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:34 pm
    Pro Fighter

YAWN – you are a fucking loser who is jealous of ME. Please tell me of the fights of mine you have seen. What? My first one FIVE years ago when I knew nothing and I still beat your friend, Irma but got a draw? By your post and you “explaining” what i have tried to do in my fights…proves you have not SEEN any of my fights. So keep jockriding you fucking wanna be.

You are nothing more then an anonymous man or woman who would get their ass handed to them by anyone who posts on here.

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:47 pm
    Pro Fighter

What a LOSER…you will get deleted soon anyways, but what a sad life you lead as well. Wishing that you were not picked on your whole life. Knowing that you are SO socially inept – the only way you could talk to a woman is if you talk shit to her over your computer. Maybe your mom should not have dressed you up in women’s clothing when you were a small boy. Was it hard going to school knowing that you were the laughing stalk? Knowing that you were such a nerd, geek, loser…you wanted to kill yourself. Well, you’re still alive for some reason or another. A cruel joke that God has played on you. I will ditto this post for the other loser too
    Keep doing what you do best….hide in the shadows like the dork you are. Maybe your mom will take you out on a date tonight and you can get it on with her.

RickAlexio
    Post subject: .PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:38 am

lol Ok, back to the topic…

Laila has no lateral movement either. She said she “did not need her jab” LMFAO Now if that was not one of the funniest things I have ever heard. Laila had no jab, no defense, head down, and she really “pulled back” her right hand before she even threw it. That’s something you learn on your first day NOT to do. Her stance was quite squared and her arms were WAY too open. Straight punches will go RIGHT through there.

And she is *very* susceptible to uppercuts with that stance, hook to the body and then straight up the middle. Karen Bill almost put her in orbit but didn’t have the movement to catch her and follow up. Laila has not really faced any big girls with serious speed so she’s managed to out-hustle her opponents…so far.

So…Ali is WAY overrated. You could tell that she had a harder time w/ someone who is actually her size. Imagine when she fights someone wilth skill AND size…

No doubt, and with natural size then also coming in as conditioned and “fast” as possible she can definitely be caught and taken out. Mayweather has done a good job bringing Laila along and maximizing what tools she does have, but she’s mostly only fought slower, unskilled, or overweight opponents up to this point.

She’s ripe to get beat and she knows it.

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:12 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

…awwww…mannnn….i missed the fireworks……….well….thats what i get….for tuning out……………it looks like 2….fruitcakes…got banned…………while i was sleeping in seattle??????????…….go mma………

HAMA_Head
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:19 pm

Damn, Erin, I didn’t get to see what those guys said, but you were beyond harsh. Too bad you can’t take it out on Ali…yet.

Remind me never to piss you off!

GODFATHEROFMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:58 pm

TTT for Erin and Ali….GOD I CANT WAIT IM SO HARD…………HEADED THAT IS…….. 😈

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?