Just finished a great book

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Rikki
    Post subject: Just finished a great book PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:11 pm
    Instructor

I just finished the book “The Boxer’s Heart” by Kate Sekules (former pro boxer). This was an excellent read and it really hit home on a lot of things. I would recommend this book to every female fighter and to any man who trains women. It’s on Amazon, though my copy has a different subtitle – How I Fell In Love With the Ring instead of Lessons From the Ring.

Here’s the description from Amazon
    The Boxer’s Heart is a brilliantly candid memoir and the first-ever guide to the world of women’s boxing. Written by Food and Wine editor Kate Sekules, it tells the story of how an average athlete converted her visceral dislike of violence into a short but eventful career as a professional boxer makes irresistible reading for both fans and foes of what used to be “The Manly Art.” Sekules’s account unfolds with the pace and depth of a great novel, crammed with larger-than-life characters and piercing observations. Any woman who has grappled with anger and trust, been nagged by insecurity at the gym, or wondered what it feels like to throw a punch will identify with this witty and honest account of the “sweet science of bruising.”

Check it out! 😀

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:11 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

Yeah, GREAT book, someone sent it to me awhile ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?