Just got started

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Ashley06
    Post subject: Just got started PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:43 pm

http://www.fightergirls.com

Hi I just started training and I’m sort of out of shape and I need to drop some weight. I’m not sure what to do. I already do cardio 6 days a week and free weights 4 days a week.

Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:33 pm
    Instructor

Sounds like you’ve got your exercise under control but don’t forget about your diet.

Ashley06
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:57 am

I think that’s another problem. I’m not totally sure about my diet. I only conume 1500 calories a day but I’m probably eating the wrong thing.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:23 am
    Instructor

What are you eating?

Ashley06
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:30 am

well..I eat a lot of fruit..probably too many carbs and not enough protein. Let me give you a sample days worth of food:
    Breakfast Banana, kashi go lean cereal with soy milk
    Lunch Peanut butter on a bagel or sandwich, some sort of fruit, most likely pepperoni and wheat thins
    Dinner usually a health choice dinner of some sorts
    I live on a college campus so it’s kind of hard for me to pick out good foods. I always stay right at 1500 or slightly below calories though

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:43 am
    Instructor

Your diet sounds fine. The fruit is full of the “good carbs” that you need for energy, make sure you’re not getting too many of the “bad carbs” from pasta, potatoes, and rice. Use your dinner to get a lot of protein.

How long have you been doing this diet/exercise program? It may be that you just need to give it some time.

Ashley06
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:05 pm

I haven’t been doing this program very long. Only about a month…maybe a little longer. I know I need to give it some time but I just feel a little lost because there aren’t very many women at the gym where I train. I also get a better workout when I get to go home because the fitness facility on campus is lacking. I weighed 255, I currently weigh 230. I’m hoping for 260-270. I think I’m just afraid that women in the heavyweight class would kill me ..lol

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:18 pm
    Instructor

I know it can be tough when you feel like there’s no encouragement. I’ve been the only woman at my gym before (and am the only one currently!). It does get a little overwhelming but the guys I train with are very supportive. Make some friends there or talk some into going with you. It’ll help…..just stick with it, it will get better.
    You’ve already lost 25lbs and that’s a big start! It’ll be a little harder to drop the other 60. Keep up your hard work; I know you can do it!

FoxfireJessE
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:24 pm

Just stay motivated Ashley! You’re off to a great start! 😀

Ashley06
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:00 pm

You guys are definately what i need!

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:55 pm
    Pro Fighter

25 pounds in a month is pretty awesome!

Give yourself some credit girl, sounds like you are moving in the right direction.

Like Rikki said, the rest may be harder. With the lifting that your doing in between you are probably at a point where the muscle overtaking the fat, so don’t measure your progress with your weight. (muscle is heavier than fat)

Measure by the way your clothes fit, how you feel, a fat caliper or measurements.

As long as you challenge yourself from one day to the next, it’s progress, look at the overall aspect.

Good luck with your training!

FoxfireJessE
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:33 pm

Miss Maulinator has a great point. When I first started hitting the gym on a regualar basis and lifting weights, I gained 10 pounds. I was horrified until someone pointed out the fact to me that muscle weighs more than fat!! 😛

Ashley06
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:08 pm

It’s been about 10-12 weeks and i’ve lost a total of 33 pounds…I think I’m about to starting training to kick box. I just have a lot to lose and I wish it would go faster. I also had problems with my toenails coming off until I got new running shoes.

Ali
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:51 am

Yes it is a hard struggle! I weighed 210 and in about 5-6 months I dropped down to 135. I had a total change of life. after that, I discovered kickboxing! I started training and freaked out when I gained 15 pounds too, then was told muscle weighs more than fat. I am hard core trainig now and I can’t get enough of it!

spidergirl1nonly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:02 am

Hey, was reading this thread and thought I’d just chime in a bit…
    Although the last month has been really hectic, and I haven’t been able to train much, my heart is still yearning for it and as soon as March comes around, I will be getting back on a regular regimen…

Anyway, after I had my daughter, I topped out at approx 200 LBS at my heaviest. In highschool I was quite a bit smaller, really only weighing 105 at my heaviest. So, the change was quite a trauma for me and my body.

I started dieting aggressively and then a few years later, I really started being aggressive about training and trying to control my diet. I got myself all the way down to 135, but mainly hover around 140-145. The main thing that I try to remember is that as my muscles get bigger, I am going to see a jump in my weight, and thats not such a bad thing. Mainly I try to pay attention to the fact that I no longer wear a size 18.

What I am getting at is to keep your dreams in your sights and when you see a slight jump in your weight, remember to focus on your ultimate goals; and remember that if you keep it up, you can realize your goals!

Thats my piece! Good luck with your endeavor!

~Charlotte

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?