Kelly wins again at the xkk event last night

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

adriennaaj
    Post subject: Kelly wins again at the xkk event last night PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:33 pm
    Pro Fighter

“Kelly Kobold def Kelly Wenzel KO 7 seconds of the 1st ”
    mma.tv forum
    From the extreme kage kombat event last night:
    Was a qiuck night for kelly, good luck to Both julie Kedsie and kelly Koblad at the hooknshoot event.
    Also good luck to miss Greta, Atta girl greta!! 😈

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:00 pm
    Pro Fighter

wait, so it only took her 7 seconds to KO the girl!?

kneesandelbows
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:26 pm

When is she going to fight Toughilll already?!?!?!?!

Girl’s fcfighter record was 0-2….. #1 ranked woman’s fighter takes out win-less girl in 7 seconds….. I believe it.

wrestleone
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:43 am

who is kelly either one , r they good

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:12 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

No respect for fighters that pad their record……….. ranked #1 in a weight class that does not exist…

Here is the women she fought check out their records and you will see for yourself….

Chad

kneesandelbows
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:08 pm

I just looked through all the other girls records…. and this is what I found.

Her first 8 fights were all against girls with NO RING EXPERIENCE (first timers)
    Ginelle was her first opponent with ring experience, but had a 0-4 record (looks pretty good to a manager who wants another ‘easy’ win)
    Since then she has fought 2 more first timers, Greta (1-0 but still new to the sport) and the above mentioned girl (0-1 according to sherdog)

So prior to fighting Kelly Kobold (miss #1) her opponents had a combined record of…
    1-5-0

13 girls, 10 first timers, 6 combined fights,(4 coming from Ginelle alone) 5 of those fights were losses, Greta had 1 Win, and that’s it!

Record Padder doesn’t begin to cover it.
    Pro Fighter….. no, more like a trained fighter preying on amatures and newbies.

She is not even in the same league as the girls who post here.

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:32 pm
    Pro Fighter

When is she going to fight Toughilll already?!?!?!?!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ummm, that mean NEVER. If Kelly is no. 1 on those rankings….well, it just goes to show you what those rankings mean: SH*T. I don’t even think Marlose is on there, although I could be wrong. At any rate, Marlose DID beat Megumi twice. I already beat Megumi once four years ago via armbar. The only thing I hate is that it’s a LOSS on my record. There is nothing to prove against her. I did a deliberate foul and the rest is history. No use crying over spilled milk.

On another note – I went to the UFC this past weekend and it ROCKED!!!!

rick_alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:09 pm

lol…

First off, Kelly is too small for Erin…secondly, even if she wasn’t she’d be destroyed. Merlos is a bigger and *far* better technical fighter than Kelly, and for Erin to have (surpassingly) taken her out in such a dominant fashion is a pretty clear indicator of who the number 1 fighter is right now… bs rankings aside, to be “the woman” you have to beat “the woman”..

There are other girls like Myra Conde (if she’s still active) or Olga (if she ever gets in decent condition) who would make much better fights that weight…but hey, if Kelly can get past Tonya Harding maybe Roxy will give her a shot…

RA

Hook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:18 pm

I was so surprised that Kelly finished by KO. I had figured that she would try and pin her opponent up against the ropes and ride it out.

I seriously don’t see Kelly ever fighting someone with more experiance. I just don’t see it. Just my opinion though.

Tim Osborne
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:32 pm

Quote:
    I seriously don’t see Kelly ever fighting someone with more experiance

It will be hard to find someone with experience.. but someone with 13 wins and a draw.. doesn’t prove much by fighting a 0-2-0 fighter, no matter how incredible the win.

She doesn’t need to fight someone with more experience.. but it is certainly time she faces someone at the top of the game, especially if she is going to claim to be the best.

and not to nit-pick.. Sherdog does not have all the opponents matches listed.. Her opponents have a combined record of 9-17-0. At the point she fought them.. it was 4-5-0.. that is a stellar career of protected matches..

She wants to be the best.. she needs to fight some of the top girls.. then she claim her thrown..

JulesK
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:21 am
    Pro Fighter

I don’t really know her that well personally (I guess I will soon!), but from what I’ve seen I just don’t believe that Kobald deserves a fight against someone of Toughill’s caliber yet…I know I may catch some s*** for saying this (and I give all props in the world to Kobald for her efforts in the ring so far–obviously something is working), but I honestly think Toughill would destroy her.

Erin, is it true that you are considering retirement from MMA? I understand that you have better luck finding opponents in boxing, but it would be such a shame…it would be a HUGE loss to the sport.

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:01 am

Let’s make this match!
    We’ll see if Kelly could change the odds or not.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:01 am

Hey Jules,
    I wish you the best at Arnolds!!!!! Go kick some @ss

Chad

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:13 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

well for the record.

I do not personally like slamming any female fighters or callling them out on a public forum. So this is said out of respect only .

But I AM and always have been willling to fight Kelly and have asked for the fight a few times and been denied. I even asked to be her opponant at Arnolds. instead of Jules. I only weigh 135- 140 and am even willing to give up the weight to take this fight.

I have been looking for a warm up fight for almost 2 years and realize its never going to happen. so I am booking fights now anywhere I can . just to be abe to fight so I do not have to quit.

Myself, Jennifer, Neff, Buckner, Larosa, Modafertty and many more women with some fights on their record. would all take this fight as well . so its not like NO one is willing

That said Kelly if your reading this KUDOS to you for winning all your fights. It takes guts to step in the ring and produce so many wins.

I wish you the best and hope you keep on doing so well.

Last edited by debi on Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:14 am

BTW Hi Jules

Erin says you never call. lol you had better be training hard. because if not Im going to be yelling at you at Arnolds hehahaha

MUAH and miss ya

rick_alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:03 pm

I don’t think it’s a matter of disrespect for Kelly herself, she deserves a lot of credit for winning the fights she has…however, it’s the “ranking system” which is disrespecting all the women and diminishing the credibility of the sport.

Ranking systems set the foundation for creating competitive match-ups – with even the ranking process being that dysfunctional it’s no wonder Debi is having trouble finding an opponent for the Arnold.

And all due respect, but having Yabushita, Modaffferi, and Toughill at the bottom of the list is total disrespect to those women IMO.

Best wishes to Kelly, and hope all you girls have a great v-day… *chocolate wink*

Ciaos,

RA

Reilly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:49 am

Thanks AJ

It was a fun night. Good tune up getting ready for Julie.

Kelly is training really hard for that fight. Been nothing but impressed with everything we have seen and heard from Julie. And of course it will be great to be back in HnS and to be part of the Arnolds.

So great to see Jen and Greta as part of that card. Meet them both at Evolution and was so impressed with both of them – What great people!

Thanks to all the fans and everyone involved in the game. Here is to women’s fighting getting bigger and stronger every day.

Thanks Mike Reilly

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:10 pm

Hey Mike,
    Looking at Debi’s post she has been trying to get a fight with Kelly… Is there any word on your side if this is a green light for 05??? i wouldn’t mind even if it was in Minnesota I have some family there that I could visit kind of kill 2 birds with one stone..

Thanks
    Chad

JulesK
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:04 pm
    Pro Fighter

Deb, I wish I had known that a little earlier…I would have stepped aside in a heartbeat for you 😳 Since it’s way to close to the match for me to do that (and now that I’ve put some time in I sort of REALLY don’t want to), I hope to do my best and so credit ALL the people I’ve trained with, yourself included. (oh, and I KNOW I’ve been awful about staying in touch with Erin W…I callled her just this past weekend and vowed to be a better friend..are you going to her fight?)

Hopefully I’ll get the chance to talk to Jen Case about a rematch too…I got me some redeeming to do 😈 That being said, best of luck to all the competitors and many thanks to Kobald and Reilly for accepting the match against me.

And much love to my Greta-Bear if she’s reading this–see you soon!!!

😆
    Jules

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:05 pm

Deb, I wish I had known that a little earlier…I would have stepped aside in a heartbeat for you Since it’s way to close to the match for me to do that

you NUT Jules id have never asked you to do that lol That is not what I meant,

You my girl and are going to kick some bootay I know it

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?