Kim Couture to make MMA debut

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

frankp316
    Post subject: Kim Couture to make MMA debut Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:42 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

It must be nice to know someone in the business. 😆

JDF
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:31 am

seems like every topic at MMA junkie about a female fighter has about 50% hateration going on in the comments…makes me sad. Had to say somethin on this one… I read it in a bad mood..lol

J
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:37 am

So I saw the video of Kim’s fight vs. Alison Clarkson on mma.tv forums. It was posted from Dailymotion, but I can’t see to find it to post here. She plans to fight an amateur MMA fight April 5th.

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:51 am

Apparently the clip has been labelled as private and can only be viewed at that site. Here’s the direct link to the thread.

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:17 pm

attention**********attention

randy has taught kim
    the high crotch throw..

if you are in a clinch
    she will use it
    if you land on your head
    it is lights out
    ..be careful when you clinch

oslooskar
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:12 pm

Kim Couture, in my opinion, would do well to learn how to throw a proper left jab.

voly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:06 pm

Watched the video of the Couture vs. Clarkson combat and found it well worth viewing.

Each of the women was clad in black, possibly in accordance with an unwritten dress code. It was easy enough to distinguish one from the other though – Clarkson was the fighter connecting with an appreciably greater number of punches throughout most of the contest, making particularly good use of her accurate left fist.

Prudently, the two contestants were wearing protective headgeat. If they had not worn those headgear – this is just an opinion – Clarkson would likely have knocked out her opponent. Nonetheless, Couture fought determinedly all the way, and was able to deliver a number of kicks and punches.

The two women appeared to be in great physical condition, and they fought at a fast pace from start to finish.

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:02 pm

I wonder if Randy is teaching Kim any of that Greco stuff, because it would really give her an edge because not many female fighters know much wrestling besides double leg takedown.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:32 pm
    Instructor

You should probably change that to “not many female fighters I know of”. There are a lot of women fighters out there that know more than just the double leg (Lisa Ward comes to mind, especially). I will admit that I’ve never seen a suplex in a female fight but I have seen quite a few whizzers and even a couple of saltos, I believe.

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:11 pm

Rikki wrote:
    You should probably change that to “not many female fighters I know of”. There are a lot of women fighters out there that know more than just the double leg (Lisa Ward comes to mind, especially). I will admit that I’ve never seen a suplex in a female fight but I have seen quite a few whizzers and even a couple of saltos, I believe.
    Lisa Ward is an exception to rule, there aren’t a lot of girls with an amateur wrestling background in this country and even less in female mma.

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:27 pm
    Pro Fighter

Sako wrote:
    I wonder if Randy is teaching Kim any of that Greco stuff, because it would really give her an edge because not many female fighters know much wrestling besides double leg takedown.
    there’s alot of female fighters that know more than just a double leg.

alot of the japanese fighters have incredible judo throws.

for wrestlers…Lisa, Ginele Marquez, Tonya Evinger….there’s alot of them with strong wrestling backgrounds.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?