knee pads?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

treelizard
    Post subject: knee pads? Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:53 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

My coach wants me to wear knee pads–any suggestion on the best kind to get? I just get bruised up around my knees a bit, nothing big.

Anybody here take iron supplements? I’m not anemic or anything but my bruises get a lot worse that time of month. I kinda like Floradix Iron and Herbs but I haven’t taken it for years (back when I was anemic because I decided to go vegan for some ungodly reason.)

thx

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:56 am
    Pro Fighter

I take iron supplements… many female athletes tend to have depleted iron stores (even if not outright anaemic). You do need to be a bit careful with iron supplements, as too much can also cause health problems, and iron supplements often cause digestive issues.

A sports nutritionist friend of mine recommended “iron protein succinylate”, which is hard to get hold of (at least here in the UK), but does seem to be good stuff.

treelizard
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:28 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Thanks! I will look for it… Looks like Jarrow sells some and I have had good luck with their supplements…

I really liked Floradix when I took it because it was a liquid formula, easily absorbable and non-constipating (which I hear iron often is) and actually tasted okay.

Still I wonder if there’s other potential reasons why I bruise up easily. A ton of web searches helped me figure out very little other than there’s a name for bruising easily. 🙄

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?