Laila Ali and Erin doing a little bit of trash talking!!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Erin T
    Post subject: Laila Ali and Erin doing a little bit of trash talking!!PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:27 am
    Pro Fighter

This is a fun link and a good read. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did…..
    Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 9:17 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

I have to say that it is soo F up that the boxing organization is ran by Idiots…… The fighters and promoters pick and choose who they will fight and make sure the champion is a name instead of a fighter… I really feel bad for Erin here and know how she feels because the same has happened to Debi Purcell…. The general public think that a real champion is fighting and winning but really just fighting nobody’s or someone that will not win…. This reminds me of the movie Rocky 2 when Mr T was not given a shot due to the fact he would kill Rocky… Well, I guess I am mixing Hollywood movies and Professional fighting up!!!! HMMMM I think it really sounds like the 2 are the same by what I read, see, and know.

Erin keep up the good work and let the public know that she is just a name and a chump for not wanting to fight you…

Chad
    Report this post Post details Delete post

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:08 am
    Pro Fighter

Ali is a punk. I’m hardly scared of her. She seems to think everyone should be though. After I kick her ass – she can do my nails.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it happend this year though….cross your fingers.

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 12:16 pm

Chad-look around MMA and you’ll see some of the same tactics in even some of the larger “feeder” shows. Yves Edwards/Deshaun Johnson in WEC comes to mind. How about the last four years of Dan Severn’s career. How about Lister/Lee for the KOTC belt. Jeremy Horn is one of my favorite fighters but to be fair how many times have I seen him fight somebody with only four or five fights on their record for a belt or at least main event? Pulver/Emerson and Debi/I forget her name in Ultimate Minnesota (granted Debi’s opponent outweighed her). Look at one of my favorite Middleweights Denis Kang’s career in Korea. Only shows I can think of that I haven’t been upset with matchmaking as you describe at some point in time are Miguel shows (old HOOKnSHOOT, AFC, MFC in NJ) lthough Monte Cox/Extreme Challene deserves credit for what I consider doing the best he can with his options. TKO, M-1 (Russia), and EVT (Scandinavia) do good matchmaking as far as I can tell so far cosidering they use a limited pool although that itself is an issue. Point is it is rampant below the UFC level. It should be noted that in all the above cases to the best of my knowledge the fighters didn’t have any say in it…the ones with which I have issues are usually the promoters taking a page out of pro wrestling “building” but with real outcomes.

KM

gogogirl
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 4:26 am

what about jane crouch,
    she has offered to go up in weight to take on the ali fight, but even with the weight difference ali is running scared..
    but then who claim blame her, not many people have lasted the full rounds with rijker in the way crouch did.

erin and ali would be a cool fight 😈

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:24 am

yikes

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:32 am

….well first off…….i did not know ali could type………..2nd……she communicates like street trash……….she should have kept it simple…….like…..for instance….i feel that the skills of this other person…are not up to par…and i will hand her a defeat..in the near future…..period…end of story……her response…should be simple and to the point……it really does not matter though….like i said…..boxing…is a big money sport……….only sport….it has nothing to do with real fighting………we were given legs/arms/and knees…to create locks…break necks…..flip over trash talkers…..and submit big mouth egos………..,,,,,i have said before…..mma….fighters….will not do that well…with boxers….that have done boxing crap…all their lives………you are under their rules…….and sometimes you win……..but its gonna hurt if you lose…..I HATE BOXING FOREVER and ever and ever…amen////

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:50 pm
    Pro Fighter

i have said before…..mma….fighters….will not do that well…with boxers….that have done boxing crap…all their lives………

I’m not sure if you’re referring to me – I am assuming you are, Scarce. Let me respectfully DISAGREE. I have been boxing longer then Ali. She had her first fight around the same time I had my first fight…but I have been boxing longer then that. I have been in the gym for the last ten years of my life. So as far as I am concerned, that doesn’t apply to me.

And yes, she doesn’t know how to communicate. Her “open letters” are pretty self explanatory.

FtGeno
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:50 pm

I have to agree with Erin, Ali is nothing more than a blowhard. It is painfully obvious that she is doing nothing more than living off of her father’s name. If she were truly legit, she would forge her own identity rather than relive his memories. She walks like him, talks like him and even uses his catchphrases. “She bee stingin” Gee, where did that come from? 😕 Point blank, she’s trying to clone him! There is but one thing lacking, dedication. Her father was dedicated to the game and it became his life. Laila is dedicated to the money. That is why, sadly, I feel this fight will never happen. Ali is in the process of carefully crafting a reputation, not a career. What do you think will happen to that reputation should she get her tonsils knocked into the mezzanine by a legit fighter like Erin? Once she loses the stigma of her father’s greatness, it’s all over for her. I have no doubts that her ego is more than willing to make the fight, but her advisors will be sure to tell her otherwise and they will use all of the right phrases to ensure her ego remains intact and that her mouth stays running while keeping the fight from happening. They have too much invested in her to see her get a “beatdown”. Trust me, her advisors have screened Erin already and they are well aware of her credentials. They have seen her tapes and have most likely seen her in person, but have they contacted her? Only Erin knows for sure, but I’m willing to go out on a rather substantial limb and say no. I will say that I SORELY want this fight to happen, if for no other reason than to shut Ali’s overzealous gums once and for all, and if by the grace of God it should happen, PLEASE make it in Vegas!

Jeff
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:02 pm

Even if Ali fights Wolfe someday and loses, she’d still be the second best in her division, which has to count for something.

HAMA_Head
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:49 pm

i would pay with a kidney to see that fight.

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:32 am

….respectfully I AGREE…that i am still a chicago thug………even though…i am only 3 feet tall………YIKES/////

HAMA_Head
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:27 pm

dude, i was just in chicago yesterday. your mayor seemed glad that i was there. i didn’t spend much money though, England tapped me out…no pun intended.

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:08 am
    Pro Fighter

Even if Ali fights Wolfe someday and loses, she’d still be the second best in her division, which has to count for something.

Yeah, I guess. I am not saying she SUCKS. But she’s not the shit – that’s for sure. Wolfe (like I have said before) is NOT a boxer. She is a good, solid textbook fighter w/ a obvious style. There’s just a shortage of REAL athletic girls. Laila is more athletic then most – so she can get away w/ a little more. THAT’S where she can win….Too late to turn Wolfe into a “boxer”….but for now, they are two good athletes who are holding the top spots right now – it won’t stay that way for long.

warrior14
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:41 pm
    Pro Fighter

Erin, I hope you KICK HER ASS. It probably doesn’t mean anything to you, but I want you to know that if that fight does happen, I will find a way, ANY way to see it. You are one of the 2 most influential reasons why I started fighting. I can honestly say that Laila Ali was not even a thought in my mind, I like REAL fighters. Kick her ass, Erin.

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:19 pm
    Pro Fighter

It probably doesn’t mean anything to you, but I want you to know that if that fight does happen, I will find a way, ANY way to see it. You are one of the 2 most influential reasons why I started fighting

Warrior – that means A LOT to me when I hear things like that from ppl like you. If I can influence ONE girl to go out and kick some butt and do what she wants to – then I have done my job. Thanks, I really appreciate it. This fight WILL happen. I am scheduled to fight June 25th in Norwalk,CA against Valerie Mahfood. She is #3 in my weight class. Tough girl – but this will be fight. It will bring me that much closer to get the fight w/ Ali. Drop me an email anytime 😉

bjjamazon
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:30 am

It’s gotta happen!!! I wouldnt miss it for anything either!

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:43 am

Ahhh, don’t ya just feel the love?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?