Laura D’Auguste defeats Roxznne Modaferri

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Martial Arts Fan
    Post subject: Laura D’Auguste defeats Roxznne Modaferri PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:26 pm

Just read this at http://www.fightergirls.com

Date: 03/20/05 12:45 AM
    26 Total Posts Ignore User

D’Auguste / Roxanne was maybe the best fight of the night, lots of stand up and ground work. D’ Auguste had two nice triangles that Roxanne got out of but one was close. It looked like D’Auguste also knocked Roxanne down with a body shot. Good decision but good fight also.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:30 pm
    Pro Fighter

It wasn’t close at all. The whole event was bizarre. I’ve wanted this fight for three years, but I felt I could have done much better. It was weird in that I was happy in a bizarre way that she won. She totally deserved to win. She did everything right. I was thinking before the fight, “You know, I’ve never been in real trouble, like mounted and pounded for example!” Kirik wasn’t worried, but I had fought her grappling like 5 times and knew she was amazing. She was PHENOMENAL. She gave me the fight I wanted and expected. She was everything I expected, and I feel bad I couldn’t have given her a better fight. I almost felt like I was fighting myself because I like doing triangles and transitions and stuff from guard. At one point, she had an almost triangle and was punching my head like I had done to Jen Howe. Bizarre. The whole thing was SO bizarre. I knew I was losing, but somehow my body wasn’t responding the way I wanted. and when I lost the decision, the first thing I thought was “so that’s a loss, huh?” and how now I have a rematch to look forward to. If I defeated her and moved on…like, it can’t be TOO easy to move to the top or it wouldn’t be any fun, so in a way I didn’t mind she won. I can’t wait for a rematch, but I’m definitely not taking a fight two weeks after another one.

I want to talk to Laura afterwards, but if someone reads this and sees her, tell her I’m very honored to have fought her. Fighting her was my goal from the day I decided to start training NHB, and I STILL want to again!

Things that impressed me and my coach were the strikes from the ground, while I was in her guard. I didn’t bother too much with my own because I didn’t think I’d have the leverage to get power, so I didn’t waste my energy. She just pounded and pounded and it was really hard and they didn’t lighten up, and even though she was getting me on the hard part of my skull, it started to bother me. Where the f did that come from? I need to get the ability now…maybe I got a little bit through osmosis in this fight. I better start practicing. Lol

So Laura really deserves to start getting fights like…elsewhere, Japan, IFC, UFC, whatever. She’s so amazing. I still think I can take her …later. lol GOOD FIGHT LAURA! You are certainly a champ. Until next time! DON’T RETIRE ON ME or anything like that!!! Promise? I’ll be really pissed. 🙂

Martial Arts Fan
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:45 pm

Congrats to both Roxi and Laura for a great show.

I read that Roxanne – Howe was the fight of the night a couple of weeks ago and now Roxanne – Laura is the fight of the night again. I think the top women are outgrowing the small shows and are ready to move up to bigger things. The UFC would be wise not to miss on this opportunity.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:48 pm
    Pro Fighter

I hope they notice.

I made that post upbeat, but I’m pretty bummed out. I just keep reminding myself these things:

1) I walked away. (i.e. I’m not hurt at all.)
    2) One of the two fighters has to lose (and I’ve been making others lose, so it’s my turn for once to know what it feels like)
    3) everyone was cool (i.e. no fights afterwards, hard feelings, etc)
    4) she told my coach that I was her hardest fight ever (I don’t know if that’s true or not…probably not)
    5) maybe people will take more notice of her and give her more fight opportunities. Like when I beat Jennifer Howe. lol that did wonders for my career. I’d be so happy if I helped Laura out by getting a fight in Japan or something. I think she’d KILL everyone in Japan, no offence to anyone over there. Actually, I think she’d would and will rock the entire 135 women’s division, and 125. I was bigger than her by like 5 lbs and half a head.

I just wish I had fought better…I know I could have done better, that’s what’s really bothering me. But hey, I’m sure EVERYONE is like that, so I’ll just have to try and get another opportunity.

can’t sleep. want food. god I’m such a glutton….
    You guys on the board know me. I want to FIGHT my way to the top, I don’t want to just beat everybody. where’s the fun in that? *sigh* so anyway…maybe I should shower? hmm good idea. it’s nice that the marriot has highspeed internet access.

I want to train. LOL omg bizarre. I should train more kickboxing. I don’t really love training it, though…it’s like a chore. I landed a few NICE kicks but then her punches were so hard that I was like “this sucks, I”ll take her down!” but her guard was too good. meh! At least I didn’t get submitted!! I’m phyched about that. I got mounted and triangled and stuff but I got out of it all! I am STILL THE QUEEN OF ESCAPES!

maybe. okay, lame. shower now…

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:52 pm
    Pro Fighter

martial arts fan, you’re awesome, but my name is spelled “Modafferi” 😛

Martial Arts Fan
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:02 pm

“I made that post upbeat, but I’m pretty bummed out.”

Rox, cheer up girl. I know it’s tough losing, but look at it this way. there is no such thing as a loss in life if we learn something from it and come out better later on. There’s gotta be lots of things you can learn from this fight. This was a phenomenal learning experience for you and you will be able to prove this next time.

Now I can see your disappointment if you could have done better, it’s frustrating to perform below your potential. But, hey there’s good news here too. If you performed below your potential it’ll be easier for you to pick up your performance the next time. You just have to fix a few things, like not taking 2 fights with the top 135 lbs female fighters in the world within two weeks of each other. There’s probably other small things that you would adjust and do better the next time.

Remember, there’s no such thing as failure in life if we improve from those failures, as a matter of fact if we don’t fail we don’t grow.

I failed one CPA exam last year just barely, far from feeling bummed out I felt excited about this learning opportunity and couldn’t wait to re-write. I wanted to change the way I studied for that exam. I studied way less hours than the first time I wrote the exam. I feel I did awesome in the exam and felt a tremendous sense of accomplishment for trying some innovative things when preparing for this exam again. I should get my grades back in the next three weeks but I’m confident I passed. Now beside my canadian accounting designation I’ll be a US CPA. There you have it, an example where I looked at failure as a positive experience, and I tell you I’m so glad I failed the first time.

Last edited by Martial Arts Fan on Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TtotheJ
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:06 pm

You’re a class act Roxy. Thanks again for coming on the Evolution last week. I hope you got a chance to listen to it. If you ever need anything from us at all, don’t hesitate to ask.

TJ

whepaman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:16 pm

Rox, I train with Laura. You did give her the greatest challenge. Thank You. I’m sure she will fight you again. Your suggestion for her to get bigger fights is appreciated. You both showed up all the men tonight.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!

whepaman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:23 am

Laura Great Job!!!!!
    You made many people very proud of you…
    This was a great victory for and your team.
    The woman just blew the guys away by leaps and bounds..
    Everyone that saw ROC agreed.
    Can’t wait to see what the future has instore for you

CONGRATS!!!!!

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:24 am
    Pro Fighter

thanks. wish I could get to sleep…but you have good points, martial arts fan. dude what’s your name? lol I always like your posts. you have a lot of class yourself.

whepaman, were you there? I left a note for her at the front desk of her/our hotel but I don’t know if she’ll get it.

we did show the men up at least, lol

TJ, I did hear the show! Thanks so much! I really liked it! 🙂

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:18 am
    Pro Fighter

Good job ROX!!! It’s about fighting, doing your very best (I know you don’t feel that way right now), having fun and learning! GOOD JOB!
    Congrats to both fighters!!!
    H

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:42 pm
    Pro Fighter

congrats rox!!! heard it was a good fight. Congrtas to laura as well, whats next for you roxy? ❓

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:19 pm
    Pro Fighter

To be completely honest, I want to fight Laura again right now, but obviously that’s not a good idea at the moment. I need to recover. I want to train tomorrow but my entire skull hurts! 🙄 I guess the Abu Dabi is next? I don’t want to wait that long!!

Martial Arts Fan
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:59 pm

Hey Rox, my name is Bill. And I promise I’ll get your name right from now on. I’ll send you an email to your hotmail account, so you’ll have my full name and email from now on.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:27 am
    Pro Fighter

Oh that was you, okay 🙂 I just got the email before reading this. Thanks!

bilar
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:50 am

First off good job ladies.

Secondly, I think this outcome supports the point I was trying to make in my “controversial” post. With so few common opponents and lack of fighting records, it is difficult to say who will win any given fight.

Roxy, do you think the sluggishness that you spoke of was caused because of the time frame in which you got back into the ring after the Howe fight, or could it be because of the weight you dropped (thought you said something about being dehydrated in another post), or do you think it was just D’Ag…’s ability that made you feel sluggish?

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:52 am
    Pro Fighter

Losing is a hard thing…but sometimes it can make you really re evaluate everything and put things in perspective. You sound like you really learned from it and it will make you a better fighter. I learned more from my losses then my wins.

There was a reason for what I said about Roxy. She had beaten Howe – but I wanted to see how she could do against other tougher comeptition. It is NOTHING against Roxy, I just know what I am talking about. This is the round robin I was talking about.

I have only heard good things about Laura and she seems to be everything everyone has said. Good luck to both girls and I am sure Roxy will get her rematch.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:42 am
    Pro Fighter

bilar,
    Who knows? The reason I lost was because Laura beat me. She is really frick’n good. I knew that it would be wicked tough, and if I won, it would be close.

I don’t believe in excuses, because we all know every day factors effects fighters. People’ve lost loved ones, have been sick the night before, be mentally unfocused, and in the end, all people look at is the “win” or the “loss.” So I won’t give myself any excuses, but I’m burning for a rematch. I will say that losing to Laura is like…lighting a fire, but since I’m burnt out right now, it’s like trying to ignite ashes. Like …blaaaaaah want to fight again but I need to stop overtraining for a while. Too much chocolate, I feel sooo sick right now. I need a vacation, but I have a quiz in an hour, and a presentation after that, damnit!! I spent my week of spring break studying and training for my fight. Can somebody make spring break come back? 🙂

bilar
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:21 am

Glad to hear you say that.

I spent my spring break studying for first part of Indiana bar, and I have a midterm in a couple of hours.

Good luck in your upcoming battle with Debi, should be a good one

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:42 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

hey rox

were you talking about side mount..

i thought that was her weakness..

oh well back to the drawing board..

just saw the photo on fcfighter.com

well at least no one tapped out…

tap outs are hard to take…okay let me finish
    this 5 pound bag..of twix chocolate bars…yummy////

rick_alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:56 am

First off, taking nothing away from Laura, but with only 2 weeks coming off a ring war with Jen Howe there’s *no way* this is a fair indicator. It’s not like Howe was some cakewalk, Roxy…so what were you thinking, girl??! lol

Your mind may say “go” but your body will not be responding (as you mentioned) and going in there against someone of Laura’s caliber at anything less than 100% is asking to get beat.

Same problem with elimination tournaments, where one fighter may have had two 30 second walk-throughs and another may have had two 3 round wars…people can say blah blah blah, but again, the reality is when they meet in the finals there is *no way* it is a fair indicator of who the better fighter is. If you’re going to have a “round
    robin” which means anything all fighters need to be at or near 100%.

However, it is great to see such a parity of talent developing in that division.

RA

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:21 am
    Pro Fighter

http://www.fightergirls.com

😕

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:51 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

Great pictures! 8)

However, I wonder why USKBA feels they have post almost all Ring of Combat photos in black and white. 😕 Do they realize this is the twenty-first century ❓

Anthea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:35 pm
    Pro Fighter

When i looked at the photos on the link they were all in colour… or are they not the photos you’re talking about Mark? 😕

Good to see the photos anyway Roxy- I dont know enough about MMA to tell whether you were in good positions or bad positions so they all looked good to me hehe

Anthea

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:53 pm
    Pro Fighter

mark, yeah the black and white ones suck..go to the ones in my link

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?