Laura D’Auguste to fight at ROC VI

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

ROC PROMOTER
    Post subject: Laura D’Auguste to fight at ROC VIPostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:36 am

It looks like we finally found someone in the northeast to step up and take on Laura D’Auguste from Team TSK. As it stands right now, Angela Karon will oppose her on April 24th at the Rexplex Sports Complex in Elizabeth, NJ. They will be fighting at 135lb limit. This should be an exciting match for anyone who has had the privilege to see Laura fight.

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:33 pm

Angela’s name sounds very familiar but I can’t quite place it. Not finding her on databases. Somebody please remind me where I heard that name before…

KM

ROC PROMOTER
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:01 am

From what I have been told, she has competed at the NAGA events for several years. She has apparently dropped a good deal of weight. She trained under Renzo and now I have heard she is training on her own. This will be her MMA debut. Laura is a tough opponent for her 1st.

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:02 pm

Keith… you remember about a year ago… maybe 2 years ago, that whole deal with the Shannon Logan pulling out of various MMA fights in NJ? Angela Karon was the chic she was supposed to fight. There were massive issues and fights on this forum and others about it. She trained at Renzos years ago, if she has continued her training since then, she should be really good.

I don’t know about recent NAGAs, like in the past 2-3 years, I’ve never seen her or heard of her, and I’ve been to most of them and competed. (SANS the last 3) Keith, track her down, get the 411!

Peace

😛 😀 8)

ROC PROMOTER
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:58 pm

It looks like Laura may face Amanda Buckner instead of Angela Karon. This would be a rematch of the majority draw they fought to at Reality Fighting late last year.

ROC PROMOTER
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:00 pm

Tara, would you be interested in fighting Laura D’Auguste sometime in 2004?

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:07 pm

😥 Man, I’m dying to fight again. I just can’t take any big fights while I’m in college. After I graduate and start training full time then HELL YEAH. I haven’t fought since May 24th 2003, it’s killing me. I hate college and I hate not being able to train like I used to.

I’m sure some of you are reading this and saying… excuses excuses, she’s scared. Na, I just have to graduate so I can move on with my life and not have college hanging over my head. I was supposed to graduate in May, but that’s not happening. If I can get the classes I need over the summer… then yeah, by late 2004 I’d be up for it. But if I can’t get my classes, I may be stuck here till next Jan.

A rematch of Buckner /D’August will be sweet! I can’t wait to hear about it.

🙁 😥 8) [/b]

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:07 pm

Ma bad, double post.

Bjj nerd
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:29 am

Tara,
    Good luck in school! 😆 I know it’s hard, but stick w/ it. Hopefully, it will pay off if fighting doesn’t. I know cuz I do bjj now and I really wanted to start fighting NHB or at least train and see if I have a chance, but right now school’s kicking my ace!! That’s all I do is train, study, study, work, and pretend to have a boyfriend and right now I can’t even say I have time for him…
    Oh well, gotta get through school though cuz it’s not very likely that fighting’s going to pay anytime soon! 🙁 Not for women at least… WHich really sux!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?