lifting / getting beat up

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Rox21
    Post subject: lifting / getting beat up Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:20 pm
    Pro Fighter

My question is two-fold: 1) When to weight lift?
    In a nutshell, I was chatting off to the side with pros about when to weight lift. Their advice was do it when I’m not training, but what if I’m always training? I just had three days of super hard sparring MMA ALL OUT with shooto gloves with the pros, barely being able to drag myself home and get out of bed. I can barely function all day until the night when I do it again. I talked to Monma and he said he lifts either in the morning or noon and then goes to train. I said I couldn’t do that because I’d be too sore, so I use my non-training day to rest so I can survive the next training.

Question 2. Does size make a difference in how sore/beat up you get?

Another guy came over (keep in mind this is me struggling in Japanese) and said, “You’re too sore after weight lifting?”
    I said, “Well, I train here and then the next day my entire body hurts.” <br>
    “You get hurt?”
    “Well, I’m sore. {kin niku tsu} And tired. There are days where I can do anything the next morning…”
    His eyes opened wide and he said, “You get sore from this training?” and pointed to everyone beating the hell out of each other on the mat. So aparently, according to him, I shouldn’t get “too sore” from that kind of training, only tired. Unless maybe I missed something in his Japanese, which is probable. 🙁 I got so frustrated because I couldn’t explain myself in Japanese…. X_X; gah

So about my question to you is, do the bigger guys just not get sore because they don’t get as beat up on as smaller guys? Like, I’m 135 and if I train with an 180 lb guy, I get physically crushed.
    (I also posted this to the Underground for advice there)

BrianP
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:26 am

Rox, as i mentioned, i am your number 1 fan in NYC. i love your passion for the art/sport. you rock!

weight training soreness is natural. as long as your form is correct and your muscles are sore (not your joints!) it is natural. but the soreness should last at most 48 hours. if it is more than 48 hours, you could be straining your muscles. dont forget to warm up before and stretch after.

sparring/rolling with heavier partners, especially 50 lbs more than you will definately make you more sore. your skill in your art will allow you to compete but since it is physical and ont he ground, the larger person does have the advantage. when i boxed i would box heavier guys to work on my power and footwork for harder punches. although i would hit them with more shots, my neck and body would be more sore than theirs due to their heavier punches.

if you are tired and sore, which could be simply due to your trianing with bigger opponents, and i were your trainer, i would focus on your diet. you may not be eating enough or eating right for your strenuous activities. speak to a trainer about that.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?