List your inspirations

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

KnockOut2
    Post subject: List your inspirations Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2004 9:19 am

Could be a fighter, a general athlete, a coach, an inspirational speaker, a documentary video, a movie….a quote… a friend…

Gracie Girl
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 1:14 pm

People: Kurt Angle, Dan Gable, Tricia Sanders, Lucia Rijker, Saulo Ribiero, Karelin,

Quotes: too many to list but my favorite goes something like “I knew if I trained long enough someone would come along and beat me… but not tonight…not this guy.”

Movies: Shadow Boxer, Rocky, Gladiator, Vision Quest, Girl Fight,

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 6:11 pm

Tricia Sanders = Tricia Saunders? (Head coach of the womens Olympic Wrestling team?)

Haha, I have a copy of vision quest.
    I really liked the movie Shadow Boxer. I wish the whole thing would’ve been about Lucia Rijker. They could’ve left out that girl at the beginning of the documentary.

Surprisingly, I was inspired by the documentary “Choke”. I absolutely did not enjoy watching the event that it covered (Japanese Vale Tudo Open1995) and I grow tired of die-hard Rickson fans. I put off watching this documentary until I had a free video rental at the rental store, so I watched it. This video gave me a ton of respect for Rickson. I wish the documentary was more about him as a fighter/trainer/father/whatever …and had absolutely nothing to do with the event. My favorite part was watching him and his 5 year old son (Rockson?) playing Jiu Jitsu and his son was doing an armbar on him. I wish my father did stuff like that when I was little 🙂

I was not inspired by the documentary The Smashing Machine. I am a fan of Mark Kerr’s but that documentary depressed me. Mark Kerr has gone through a lot…he gets props for having the courage to air it all publically. But I seriously doubt that he has shaken his “demons” since that footage was filmed. An aggrevating part of that film was when he was sitting in a doctor’s office waiting room and some older lady started chastizing him about fighting. He tried to make a point or two in support for MMA fighting, but he didn’t do very well. :-/ He was probably on pain killers at the time.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 6:14 pm

Speaking of inspiration…how about those who crosstrain and kick ass!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?