LOL @ DANA WHITE STUFFING GINA CARANO

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #13126

    Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

    wrestleone
    Post subject: LOL @ DANA STUFFING GINA Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:34 pm

    Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:09 am
    Posts: 50
    i demand gina vs tara bullshit gina gets all the props while tara does all the work wtf.id do her though.wheres the gina nuthugger i read about
    Top

    GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:03 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 am
    Posts: 1576
    Location: Baja Cali/Vegas
    lol…

    yeah so what’s the point…eventually it will be decided in the cage, until then that’s life and opinions are like…blah blah blah

    tara gets plenty of props she was just labeled “the heart of women’s mma” and she’s ranked #1 at 135

    carano gets props cuz she was also a muay thai superstar with a better combined pro record than tara and is undefeated, tara got ko’d, badly. gina has never been close to being ko’d and is also popular from movies and tv series…what’s tara’s muay thai record 0-0 and what movies or tv series has she done lately to help promote female fighting to the masses…zero

    i respect her ability and she’s a very good grappler, but if she fights premium strikers like erin, debi, or gina i believe she will get destroyed (even kelly almost did and tara admitted it) plus tara has only ‘talked’ shit about them and is in a position to offer them fights, but has yet to do so…instead goes for laura who’s a great fighter but has been inactive for well over a year.

    evidently you’re a larosa “nuthugger” and that’s wonderful for you, we’ll have to see when it happens…the rest is speculation. 😉
    Top

    koolpaw
    Post subject: Sneaky cat has comePostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:23 pm

    Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:02 pm
    Posts: 304
    Location: Japan
    (a cat came to fightergirls new site, and finds news page, saying,

    [b]”“The Face of Female Mixed Martial Arts= GINA CARANO?â€
    Top

    GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:11 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 am
    Posts: 1576
    Location: Baja Cali/Vegas
    paw! right well they are all just media propaganda “labels”…and if it was on sherdog (particularly the mssg boards) it might as well have come from the WWE or National Inquirer conspiracy theory and rumor mill capital. if you *don’t* want to know the reality that’s where to go. next it will be – Britney Spears Umbrella Weapons Champion “the unfit mother of women’s mma” 🙄

    evidently carano was pregnant and backed out of the fight with jan, remember that doozie? then beat julie who’s even better…lmao

    “the face of women’s mma”

    “the heart of women’s mma”

    “the pioneer of women’s mma”

    “the queen of women’s mma”

    “the mouth of women’s mma”

    “the blah blah blah of women’s mma”

    who cares, labels aren’t worth a duck’s fart…. it’s *all* just a bunch of media hype and speculation. the only reality gets settled inside the cage…and the way mma is anyone can lose on any given night, all the top women are capable and worthy…let’s just wait and see what ‘actually’ happens….
    Top

    cosmic
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:45 am

    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:56 am
    Posts: 405
    Location: AUSTRALIA
    Dana white is a tool..I’d love to see a female mma fighter knock his head off:

    ” recent statement made by DANA WHITE when asked when we would see female MMA in the UFC,

    “Probably never…Female MMA is weak and unentertaining and the‘poster girl’ can’t even make weight for 95% of her fights which is a clear indication of how women don’t take the sport seriously.â€
    Top

    GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:16 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 am
    Posts: 1576
    Location: Baja Cali/Vegas
    precisely, dana white is losing more and more respect and credibility with these clearly smile statements, he’s gradually digging his own grave much like a ‘don imus’ alienating *all* women by disrespecting them left right and center …the men have also had *many* similar issues and he is just furious and jealous because of the rapid growth of women’s mma with bodog, elite, and fff…and particularly jealous of carano’s popularity who he knows he f’d up by not including females but his overinflated ego won’t allow him to admit it…even with egg dripping down from his dome onto his face and all over his rented suit, or more likely borrowed from the Calvin Ayre collection who’s now worth about 100 times more than dana “The smile” white…who’s days are now numbered either way you slice it…chants of “dana the smile” at ufc events are likely to come in the near future, let’s see how well that goes over with all his current sponsors, investors and contracted fighters. 😉
    [quote=”cosmic”]Dana white is a tool..I’d love to see a female mma fighter knock his head off:

    ” recent statement made by DANA WHITE when asked when we would see female MMA in the UFC,

    “Probably never…Female MMA is weak and unentertaining and the‘poster girl’ can’t even make weight for 95% of her fights which is a clear indication of how women don’t take the sport seriously.â€
    Top

    cosmic
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:28 am

    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:56 am
    Posts: 405
    Location: AUSTRALIA
    LOL 😆

    GFC wrote:
    precisely, dana white is losing more and more respect and credibility with these clearly smile statements, he’s gradually digging his own grave much like a ‘don imus’ alienating *all* women by disrespecting them left right and center …the men have also had *many* similar issues and he is just furious and jealous because of the rapid growth of women’s mma with bodog, elite, and fff…and particularly jealous of carano’s popularity who he knows he f’d up by not including females but his overinflated ego won’t allow him to admit it…even with egg dripping down from his dome onto his face and all over his rented suit, or more likely borrowed from the Calvin Ayre collection who’s now worth about 100 times more than dana “The smile” white…who’s days are now numbered either way you slice it…chants of “dana the smile” at ufc events are likely to come in the near future, let’s see how well that goes over with all his current sponsors, investors and contracted fighters. 😉
    etc.
    Top

    koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:48 am

    Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:02 pm
    Posts: 304
    Location: Japan
    GFC no offence , but im gonna tell u Japanese words
    “hiiki no hikitaosi”
    means “Overprotecting and supporting it too much sometime same with spoiling it”

    Dont you see something significant or something ironical comparing both?

    Popular big MMA news Site Sherdog called Gina “Face”

    News and columns site for hardcore fans 411mania called Tara “herat”

    yeah Gina has big potencial to be a top fighter with her striking skills and efforts for grappling, but EliteXC or her agent have not proved it enough yet to MMA fans . and they wont take any risks not to hurt the brand “Gina Carano” for Big $$$ from TV viewers. Can u call it fair treatment for a athlete? or they just want fighter/acctress for their TV show?

    I feel very sorry for Gina about it, at the same time, i cant count Gina as top ranker of 135lb as long as she fights in that “protected cage” of EliteXC. Maybe a lot of others wont as well. As u read, Tara`s words in the interview with 411mania were almost the same with the opinions and criticizes about the fighter Gina Carano on this forum.

    im afraid of that the facts like these may support and encourage Anti-female MMA ppl like that bald idiot who messed up MMA business in my country.

    One more thing. talikng about labeling, Arent you labeling too
    ?
    ” Blogs are blah blah blah”
    “Sherdog is blah blah blah”
    “News are blah blah blah”
    Top

    coslisa
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:04 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:39 am
    Posts: 131
    Location: North East England
    Gina does have a lot of potential but if you are being pushed as the biggest thing in female MMA you should realise that you’re going to get picked on if you don’t make weight -you’ll be used as an example to dumb as# people who don’t like female fights. (not mentioning any names who I’m sure will be into female fights when they realise there is profit to be made!) so you have to make sure you don’t slip up because other people who do make weight will be angry because we all get tarred with the same brush. I just wish she’d make weight so people would focus on her abilities rather than having something to complain about.
    Top

    GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:34 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 am
    Posts: 1576
    Location: Baja Cali/Vegas
    yes you make an excellent point and i have actually been one of the most critical to her about conditioning and making weight. again i do have to say tho that .1 is a ridiculous amount and the entire thing has been blown far out of proportion because she is under a particular microscope. plenty of male fighters and female have had *much* greater weight differences and it wasn’t an issue. she clearly explained it was simply a case of bad dieting and waiting last minute to cut (plus the pms) which really only hurts her and gives her the disadvantage…but, she will now be focusing specifically on fitness, nutrition, and conditioning so i highly doubt it will be an issue anymore. let’s just wait and see how she does this time, if she’s not (at least) .1 ‘under’ weight this time i have talked to some of the other grrls and she’ll be gettin a deep thong wedgie, at minimum! 😛
    Top

    satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:22 pm

    Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:10 pm
    Posts: 144
    GFC wrote:

    carano gets props cuz she was also a muay thai superstar with a better combined pro record than tara and is undefeated, tara got ko’d, badly. gina has never been close to being ko’d and is also popular from movies and tv series…what’s tara’s muay thai record 0-0 and what movies or tv series has she done lately to help promote female fighting to the masses…zero
    Gina had a loss and a draw in kickboxing to mid-level fighters while Tara had 1 loss 4 years ago to the top fighter at the time. She is unprofessional but then so is Dana White.
    Top

    GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:16 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 am
    Posts: 1576
    Location: Baja Cali/Vegas
    lol…julia budd is one of the top kickboxers in the world, and will also be going into mma soon, so buckle your seatbelts. i saw the fight gina did fine and it was an early fight, she’s only been training in total for a few years and is still as good as she is, while tara has been training FAR longer. and tara got ko’d bad not just lost a decision and has had a number of very close calls, gina ‘never’ has been ko’d…

    gina 17-1 total

    tara 14-1 total

    and i’ll be happy to bet tara would *never* fight gina standup only, go toe-to-toe see who the real alpha female is, it’s gina who has the guts and is the one making the transition into tara’s grappling domain. you’re also a larosa “nuthugger”…she talks shit about fighters then won’t fight them…that’s far more unprofessional and she’s done far less to promote female fighting to the masses, like debi, erin and gina have. you’re the one who doesn’t like speculation so let’s just see what happens when they actually fight. 😉
    Top

    Jennifer Howe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:38 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:53 pm
    Posts: 27
    Location: SLC, Utah
    What are you talking about? Anybody can be KO. Hell I think I had to knock her down 4 times before she stopped getting up and the ref stopped it. Anyone can get caught with a punch! Now getting out worked would be a harder lose for me to take. Trust me I know. Losing because you aren’t as good as someone is not better than getting KO. I don’t know how Ginas fight went but the point you are making makes no sence. A KO can be luck, losing a decision usually means you opponent is better than you.
    Top

    GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:53 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 am
    Posts: 1576
    Location: Baja Cali/Vegas
    jen that’s fine but could also be said about submissions. for example, you can have 2 fighters evenly matched but one happens to catch another in a sub position and catches a win…whereas another could dominate throughout a fight not get that position to get a sub, but the overall performance is more dominant. you were/are a premier striker and knocked her down several times and she was able to get up before you rolled her eyes back and out. i never doubt tara’s tenacity and don’t get me wrong i have a lot of respect for her….but erin, debi (if she’s active and on her game) and certainly gina are premier strikers, much like yourself and therefore tara is suceptable to that striking ability…hell, kelly JUST almost ko’d her again with knees which tara admitted, and gina is a friggin muay thai beast compared to kelly. are you trying to say your ko over tara was luck? when you were winning most all of the exchanges, that makes no sense…

    jen, take a trip to vegas spar gina standup and see for yourself.

    end of story, we’ll see when it goes down…
    Jennifer Howe wrote:
    What are you talking about? Anybody can be KO. Hell I think I had to knock her down 4 times before she stopped getting up and the ref stopped it. Anyone can get caught with a punch! Now getting out worked would be a harder lose for me to take. Trust me I know. Losing because you aren’t as good as someone is not better than getting KO. I don’t know how Ginas fight went but the point you are making makes no sence. A KO can be luck, losing a decision usually means you opponent is better than you.
    Last edited by GFC on Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

    Top

    Jennifer Howe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:07 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:53 pm
    Posts: 27
    Location: SLC, Utah
    What does me sparring her have to do with your logic? I was speaking of your logic not ginas skills or taras. Why does everything for you come back to gina. My only point was a KO is no worse than a decision. I’ve seen many better fighters lose because they got rocked. Any fool on the street can knock someone out. It takes skills to sub someone. No disrespect.
    Top

     

    GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:19 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 am
    Posts: 1576
    Location: Baja Cali/Vegas
    fair enough, no disrespect taken…but i hardly believe striking and ko ability is analogous to any bum on the street. don’t get me wrong there are great trained street fighters, i know that for a fact…but that certainly doesn’t mean joe public the local bar drunk is going to be more skilled waltz in and ko a bernard hopkins…c’mon let’s be realistic. both standup striking and submissions ability are very important…agreed…and it doesn’t all come back to gina, i also said debi and erin…who are all premier strikers tara has talked shit about and avoided since she got ko’d by you, another excellent striker…that was the point.
    Jennifer Howe wrote:
    What does me sparring her have to do with your logic? I was speaking of your logic not ginas skills or taras. Why does everything for you come back to gina. My only point was a KO is no worse than a decision. I’ve seen many better fighters lose because they got rocked. Any fool on the street can knock someone out. It takes skills to sub someone. No disrespect.
    Top

    Jennifer Howe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:34 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:53 pm
    Posts: 27
    Location: SLC, Utah
    Yes they both take skills. But I see more knockouts by people who don’t know how to box and throw hay makers than I see by skilled boxers. I just think it’s silly to compare loses that aren’t even in the same style. A lose is a lose and a KO is not worse than a decision. I could care less about this little fued people seem to have. I just wonder sometimes if your name GFC stands for Gina f’n Carino. Just kidding. I guess you are one of the only ones who sticks up for her. Don’t take everything so personal. I don’t understand why you would invite me down to spar with someone.
    Top

    GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:41 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 am
    Posts: 1576
    Location: Baja Cali/Vegas
    *smile* yeah that’s actually what it is. i respect many of the others just as much, including yourself…gina just happens to be the big target right now because she’s “under the microscope” about everything and i know she is getting undeserved heat.

    GFC= Girl Fight Club

    much respect to you…

    ~Lisa

    Jennifer Howe wrote:
    Yes they both take skills. But I see more knockouts by people who don’t know how to box and throw hay makers than I see by skilled boxers. I just think it’s silly to compare loses that aren’t even in the same style. A lose is a lose and a KO is not worse than a decision. I could care less about this little fued people seem to have. I just wonder sometimes if your name GFC stands for Gina f’n Carino. Just kidding. I guess you are one of the only ones who sticks up for her.
    Top

    Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:51 pm
    Instructor

    Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:56 am
    Posts: 915
    Location: Lexington, KY
    GFC wrote:
    lol…julia budd is one of the top kickboxers in the world, and will also be going into mma soon, so buckle your seatbelts. i saw the fight gina did fine and it was an early fight, she’s only been training in total for a few years and is still as good as she is, while tara has been training FAR longer. and tara got ko’d bad not just lost a decision and has had a number of very close calls, gina ‘never’ has been ko’d…
    Tara’s loss was early in her career as well. That was her fourth fight and Howe’s tenth. Howe was considered the #1 female MMA fighter at that point. Didn’t Tara also take that fight on short notice? I’ll have to watch the DVD again but I believe that the announcer makes reference to that.

    GFC wrote:
    and i’ll be happy to bet tara would *never* fight gina standup only, go toe-to-toe see who the real alpha female is, it’s gina who has the guts and is the one making the transition into tara’s grappling domain. you’re also a larosa “nuthugger”…she talks shit about fighters then won’t fight them…that’s far more unprofessional and she’s done far less to promote female fighting to the masses, like debi, erin and gina have. you’re the one who doesn’t like speculation so let’s just see what happens when they actually fight. 😉
    No, Tara probably wouldn’t fight Gina “standup only” because she is a MMA fighter, not a kickboxer. And what are you talking about “see who the real alpha female is”? Doing a striking only match would only prove who the better striker is….not the better all-around fighter.

    Combining Gina’s MT and MMA records is ridiculous anyway. Why not throw Tara’s grappling record in there? The most recent one I can find is from 2003 and she was 45-11. So why not say, “Gina 17-1-1, Tara 59-12-0”? It doesn’t make any sense – they are different sports, just like kickboxing and MMA are different sports.
    Top

    Jennifer Howe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:51 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:53 pm
    Posts: 27
    Location: SLC, Utah
    I knew what it stood for due to a previous thread. I was just surprised that I would make a comment about your logic and you would send me down to spar with Gina. Sorry.
    Top

    GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:01 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 am
    Posts: 1576
    Location: Baja Cali/Vegas
    well jen i didn’t send you, i suggested it if you’d like to see she’s not some bum throwing haymakers go check it out, and rikki…that’s all well and good, tara could have 654 total grappling tourneys…the point was even someone with less experience if they win, even shows that much more natural ability and is that much more impressive. fighter X has 700 fights and 15 years experience, and fighter Y has 5 fights and 3 years experience, yet fighter Y dominates or kicks fighter X’s ass…that’s even WAAAAY more impressive, capiche’? even an early tiger woods, just being a kid, started dominating FAR more experienced golfers…and that’s what made it so much more impressive.
    Last edited by GFC on Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

    Top

    Jennifer Howe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:04 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:53 pm
    Posts: 27
    Location: SLC, Utah
    Who once said she was a bum throwing hay makers? Again I made a comment towards your logic and you automatically take it personally towards Gina.
    Top

    GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:10 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 am
    Posts: 1576
    Location: Baja Cali/Vegas
    you wrote:
    “I see more knockouts by people who don’t know how to box and throw hay makers than I see by skilled boxers.”

    jen, so why even bring up the above in a discussion about debi, gina, or erin…obviously none of them fall into that category…
    Jennifer Howe wrote:
    Who once said she was a bum throwing hay makers? Again I made a comment towards your logic and you automatically take it personally towards Gina.
    Top

    Jennifer Howe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:16 pm
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:53 pm
    Posts: 27
    Location: SLC, Utah
    It was brought up to support the point that a knock out is not better than a decision. That if you throw a hay maker hard enough you can knock someone out. This discussion between you and I is not about Gina and Tara and who is better. I was only commenting that your comparison seemed faulty.
    Last edited by Jennifer Howe on Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

    Top

    GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:23 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 am
    Posts: 1576
    Location: Baja Cali/Vegas
    fair enough, i think it also depends on the type of ko or decision, and how dominant they were. if you have 2 fighters that are excellent and the fight is very evenly matched and goes to a close decision Vs a dominant knock down again and again followed by a brutal ko, i believe that weighs heavier. you were not a bum throwing haymakers and it was a series of exchanges which showcased clearly offense and defense of both your standup games, not some fluke punch. you can also be rolling with someone better and get lucky and catch them in a sub or choke, i’ll agree anything ‘can’ possibly happen. which SKILLED aspect is more affective standup or ground? that’s a debatable question with no absolute answer imo…but, i do believe a far superior striker, who’s gaining and picks up ground quickly, and is a better “natural” fighter imo…stands a better chance of winning…that’s my opinion, and only the actual fight(s) will prove that reality, or not…

    in other words i see and understand your point, but it depends on the individual circumstance…gina’s decision loss was not major, compared to your more dominant ko of tara…how many boxing match decisions are so close that the winner debate can go on for ever…whereas a dominant ko can be very decisive. so sure, a ko can very well be better than a decision.
    Jennifer Howe wrote:
    It was brought up to support the point that a knock out is not better than a decision. That if you throw a hay maker hard enough you can knock someone out. This discussion between you and me is not about Gina and Tara and who is better. I was only commenting that your comparison seemed faulty.
    Last edited by GFC on Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

    Top

    cosmic
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:02 pm

    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:56 am
    Posts: 405
    Location: AUSTRALIA
    Jennifer Howe wrote:
    Yes they both take skills. But I see more knockouts by people who don’t know how to box and throw hay makers than I see by skilled boxers.
    yep.

    where as a submission is less likely from an unskilled ground fighter……
    there is always a chance in ground and pound though!

    I think skilled standup gets a little less credit than it deserves though (imo) if you don’t have a developed ground game yet.
    where as the ground fighter seems to be considered the better skilled – even if their standup game sucks. cause they have that one punch wild swing ko chance.

    This is just my observation/opinion…I’m in no way an authority on the matter!
    I’m not trying to open up a debate on ground versus striker.

    Its mma.

    GFC – where do you train?
    Top

    GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:19 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 am
    Posts: 1576
    Location: Baja Cali/Vegas
    cosmic, right now nj in the u.s…

    but here’s the gist of the issue i believe, the entire discussion involves skilled females in the sport…so it’s not an issue of wild haymakers or lucky subs…of course that is always possible, as well on the men’s side, but we are/should be basing it on the more probable and ‘consistent’ skills either standup or ground, of course anyone can always get lucky…
    Top

    satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:50 am

    Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:10 pm
    Posts: 144
    GFC wrote:
    lol…julia budd is one of the top kickboxers in the world, and will also be going into mma soon, so buckle your seatbelts. i saw the fight gina did fine and it was an early fight, she’s only been training in total for a few years and is still as good as she is, while tara has been training FAR longer. and tara got ko’d bad not just lost a decision and has had a number of very close calls, gina ‘never’ has been ko’d…

    gina 17-1 total

    tara 14-1 total

    17-1-1 you mean. Julia Budd was mid-level. Germaine de Randamie, Julie Kitchen, Jorina Baars are the top of that division. Gina didn’t get past Budd so she didn’t fight the top level.
    Top

    GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:00 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 am
    Posts: 1576
    Location: Baja Cali/Vegas
    no, she’s not considered mid-level by anyone who knows kickboxing and julia fights a division higher 145er than germaine…julia may drop down or germaine move up or at a catch weight but that is still in the works. julia told me she would like that fight before moving into mma but has already been training her ground game. gina was offered a much larger mma contract is why she moved into mma, as julia will be and possibly germaine, because other than julia or jojo baars there’s not much left for germaine in MT other than fighting men…they are all top level muay thai fighters.

    if you are going by ‘listed’ rankings fuhgeddaboutit because as is the problem with rankings they are subjective and inaccurate (as you mentioned yourself and were on target) much like the ISCF women’s mma rankings which look more like a childs random jigsaw puzzle and specifically state those are NOT current rankings. according to ‘records and rankings’ debi would not even be listed but as we all know the reality of how good she actually is being quite different.
    satanico wrote:
    GFC wrote:
    lol…julia budd is one of the top kickboxers in the world, and will also be going into mma soon, so buckle your seatbelts. i saw the fight gina did fine and it was an early fight, she’s only been training in total for a few years and is still as good as she is, while tara has been training FAR longer. and tara got ko’d bad not just lost a decision and has had a number of very close calls, gina ‘never’ has been ko’d…

    gina 17-1 total

    tara 14-1 total

    17-1-1 you mean. Julia Budd was mid-level. Germaine de Randamie, Julie Kitchen, Jorina Baars are the top of that division. Gina didn’t get past Budd so she didn’t fight the top level.
    Top

    satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:11 pm

    Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:10 pm
    Posts: 144
    Julia is a top North American who beat Crothers, Carano and Roselip but hasn’t beat the top fighters in the world. She had most fights 140-145 so that’s where I rank her not where she will be in MMA. Germaine has fought women over 10 kg heavier anyway, not like Carano looking for smaller fighters.

    Canadian Professional 142 lbs. Muay Thai Kickboxing Champion

    CMTA BC Amateur 145 lbs. Muay Kickboxing Champion

    Featherweight Gladiatrix Kickboxing Champion 145 lbs.

    WIKBA have decent rankings. Budd got as high as 7th at 140 and 8th at 147. I am sure they “don’t know kickboxing” according to you but if she fights De Randamie she has her chance to prove them wrong.

     

    Top

     

    GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:11 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 am
    Posts: 1576
    Location: Baja Cali/Vegas
    wikba (dan) is basically a one man deal with a bit of bias international advisement, not really that accurate and clearly states “NOT” current at the top of the page in bold lettering…debi was a prime example of how records and rankings can mean very little. i would agree it’s better than ISCF but far from perfect and as you mentioned quite subjective, which was an excellent observation on your part. what’s making the rankings we are doing a bit more accurate is getting input from various people, fighters, and trying to balance out the bias issues, but even with all that it’s still very subjective…the only legit way to really find things out is inside the ring and through many matchups to assess a consistent dominance and performance level for all the top fighters.

    and carano has moved up and fought bigger fighters various times just like germaine. she went up to fight elaina maxwell who is a quality and solid 150+ pounder who gina beat twice both in MT and MMA. believe me if any other 135ers moved up and fought elaina they would have a very difficult and long night. gina is a 135-140 fighter in the shell of a blown up overweight fighter who simply has not conditioned or cut properly. body composition-wise julia budd is ripped at 145, germaine is ripped at 140, and gina is still chunky and smooth even at 141.1…she does feel in-shape around 145 but then should easily also be able to cut to 135 or 140 and be in optimal “fighter” ripped condition. on the radio show gina *just* clearly stated and verified what i have been saying all along. she has simply not been paying attention to her nutrition ballooning way up to 155-160 then trying to cut 15-20 lbs in only a few days before her fights.

    believe me if any other 135er did that they would have similar major problems, and they all know that is true, but that wouldn’t mean they weren’t a 135lb fighter. gina should be walking around at 145 still staying in-shape then making her final cut down to 135-140 from at least 2-3 weeks out, then she will be fine.

    julia budd’s kickboxing performance ability is very high, that is common knowledge, as is debi’s in mma…that is the more important factor to go by. rankings are simply a way to create some order to the situation and help promoters choose matches and see who potential opponents are. within kickboxing circles julia budd is one of the few considered to have a legitimate chance of beating germaine., hope the match happens and then we’ll see. besides, germaine happens to be my top and fav of all fighters right now anyway, that has been clearly listed on the GFC since it was started…i’m just stating that both julia and gina are also very top level muay thai fighters as well. it’s like on the men’s side…fedor, rampage, randy, machida, and josh are all top favs….

    satanico wrote:
    Julia is a top North American who beat Crothers, Carano and Roselip but hasn’t beat the top fighters in the world. She had most fights 140-145 so that’s where I rank her not where she will be in MMA. Germaine has fought women over 10 kg heavier anyway, not like Carano looking for smaller fighters.

    Canadian Professional 142 lbs. Muay Thai Kickboxing Champion

    CMTA BC Amateur 145 lbs. Muay Kickboxing Champion

    Featherweight Gladiatrix Kickboxing Champion 145 lbs.

    WIKBA have decent rankings. Budd got as high as 7th at 140 and 8th at 147. I am sure they “don’t know kickboxing” according to you but if she fights De Randamie she has her chance to prove them wrong.

    Top

    GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:08 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 am
    Posts: 1576
    Location: Baja Cali/Vegas
    paw! sorry i did not respond yet to this. of course yes i see the similar criticisms because that is the common rumor and others will say the same thing and jump on the bandwagon. no i do not think gina is being protected outside of what would be normal for a transition fighter. julie, rosi, tonya are all high quality girls and even elaina is a quality girl at a higher weight. remember, that according to everyone and debi just highlighted it should normally take “years and years” to acquire the ground skills necessary to compete with the top fighters, so that being the case gina is already *way* ahead of the game and taking plenty of risks with those she fought who have tons of ground exp over her. evidently next they are lining shayna up with an elimination bout, that is HARDLY protecting anything shayna is clearly also a very top girl as everyone knows. and i never said ALL news or blogs were blah blah blah, the radio show was quite accurate because it was coming directly from the source…but when it’s a common untrue rumor that gets started from a known “gossip rag” area i had already seen comments like this on sherdog’s message boards well before the articles came out. gina being pregnant also made news articles and blogs until they found out all she really had was maybe a baby lasagna w/ a side order of bloated tummy. 😆

    also as i mentioned, gina’s movie and tv were ‘muay thai’ and she is very popular from that first, being the “face of women’s mma” just means she is popular and (one of) the best. tiger woods was very popular and “the new face of golf” even far before he had racked up more titles than other veteran golfers…because he was beating many of the top players before it normally would take to acquire those kinds of skills and ability, much like gina is…
    koolpaw wrote:
    GFC no offence , but im gonna tell u Japanese words
    “hiiki no hikitaosi”
    means “Overprotecting and supporting it too much sometime same with spoiling it”

    Dont you see something significant or something ironical comparing both?

    Popular big MMA news Site Sherdog called Gina “Face”

    News and columns site for hardcore fans 411mania called Tara “herat”

    yeah Gina has big potencial to be a top fighter with her striking skills and efforts for grappling, but EliteXC or her agent have not proved it enough yet to MMA fans . and they wont take any risks not to hurt the brand “Gina Carano” for Big $$$ from TV viewers. Can u call it fair treatment for a athlete? or they just want fighter/acctress for their TV show?

    I feel very sorry for Gina about it, at the same time, i cant count Gina as top ranker of 135lb as long as she fights in that “protected cage” of EliteXC. Maybe a lot of others wont as well. As u read, Tara`s words in the interview with 411mania were almost the same with the opinions and criticizes about the fighter Gina Carano on this forum.

    im afraid of that the facts like these may support and encourage Anti-female MMA ppl like that bald idiot who messed up MMA business in my country.

    One more thing. talikng about labeling, Arent you labeling too
    ?
    ” Blogs are blah blah blah”
    “Sherdog is blah blah blah”
    “News are blah blah blah”
    Top

    debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:06 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

    Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:04 am
    Posts: 533
    GFC,
    You are on a ONE women mission to promote a women who doesnt need your help, I think Your making Gina look silly.. show time is doing her justice trust me. You are insulting the very fighters that GINA will not step up and fight. That is a fact, there are NO excuses, NO reasons, NO expalanations just FACTS..

    You can stand up for her until your blue in the face, insult who you want, but the facts remains the TOP competition is being SHUT OUT so she can be promoted as being the best when she is not… which is ubsurd. When & if she does fight and beat the best, fight in her weigh class, actaully make weight, and take fights that earn her the right to be promtoed like she is, I will be the first one promting her and standing up for her. that u can bank on.

    I realize you can not understand because you have not dedicated your whole life to this sport, sitting around with your thumb up your ass not getting a fight her because your too good, If u could sit backand imagine what that might be like for just a second.You might have an objective point of view .

    Julie Got screwed over. with weight and the rounds, and if she fought again I think would win that fight. If my plane hadnt crashed I have been there to protect her, but I wasnt
    LOL @ GFC=Gin Fing Caranno haha. I doubt it,

    Your great for the board though…….. who hired you 😉
    Top

    GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:46 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 am
    Posts: 1576
    Location: Baja Cali/Vegas
    hahaha thanx deb but no-one hired me it’s a pleasure. 😉

    and i am not on any mission to “defend” anyone…i simply call things as i see them. i’ve prob been more critical to gina and po’d about the making weight issue than anyone. my main mission is to transition as many new girls into training and fighting as possible (which we are already doing with *many*) and promoting female fighting in general to the masses, which we already have over half a million members and growing more than any other ‘fightspace’ on the web male or female. in fact, it has taken priority over my own training and fighting career but has become a passion, and i’m still young so will have plenty of time for everything and is actually working out better this way. there also happen to be a number of high profile lurkers who don’t find anything silly and completely agree, so i’m not really concerned about suppositions…

    and i know all about your situation, told you way back from the start how much respect i have for you also, and have commented on that issue as well, also erin’s, also julie’s, also molly’s with the damm fight, and many other topics…gina just happens to be a particularly hot and sensitive issue more than many others. and you were the one who said it should normally take “many years” to acquire the skills. you know damn well it’s not an issue of gina herself stepping up, those are management issues and she has been moving right along progressing with the transition just fine and has never claimed to be the best yet. i am very high on julie also but totally disagree she would beat gina, gina beat julie ‘soundly’ before she even had ground with randy and was in crappy condition cutting improperly again (compared to what she could/should be) and *still* beat julie even not being optimally conditioned…julie was ripped and in great condition. so now with the addition of randy and ground she is that much more complete and dangerous, plus she will now actually start getting into serious condition hiring a nutritionist…and, they are now lining up to fight shayna there are NO excuses, she already is and will be fighting the best. your issue should be with tara, remember…the one who talked sh*t about you yet won’t fight you and is not a transition fighter without deep ground exp…
    debi wrote:
    GFC,
    You are on a ONE women mission to promote a women who doesnt need your help, I think Your making Gina look silly.. show time is doing her justice trust me. You are insulting the very fighters that GINA will not step up and fight. That is a fact, there are NO excuses, NO reasons, NO expalanations just FACTS..

    You can stand up for her until your blue in the face, insult who you want, but the facts remains the TOP competition is being SHUT OUT so she can be promoted as being the best when she is not… which is ubsurd. When & if she does fight and beat the best, fight in her weigh class, actaully make weight, and take fights that earn her the right to be promtoed like she is, I will be the first one promting her and standing up for her. that u can bank on.

    I realize you can not understand because you have not dedicated your whole life to this sport, sitting around with your thumb up your ass not getting a fight her because your too good, If u could sit backand imagine what that might be like for just a second.You might have an objective point of view .

    Julie Got screwed over. with weight and the rounds, and if she fought again I think would win that fight. If my plane hadnt crashed I have been there to protect her, but I wasnt
    LOL @ GFC=Gin Fing Caranno haha. I doubt it,

    Your great for the board though…….. who hired you 😉
    Top

    koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:04 pm

    Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:02 pm
    Posts: 304
    Location: Japan
    GRRRRR i hate my old laptop! it got crashed b4 i post and all i wrote were gone after rebooting laptop !!!

    Anyways, i dont see any worth to continue these arguments, ROBITA san the original maker of that “48kg ranking in japan” told same thing that EliteXC is protecting Gina not to hurt her status at the same time we agreed that Female MMA still needs ” face” like Gina Carano for advertisement.

    GFC, i dont call u “a nuthugger of Gina” but i see u r chasing urself to the corner of meaningless logics.

    think why debi is respected in Japan, she is not just a pioneer of this sport, she came to Fight under SG rule against Akano knowing her disadvantages without GnP. She said she doesnt count it “loss” but accepted SG `s official dicision as her fight record. Thats the mind every athlete MUST have, or thats the way of Samurai we call. u may kill, u may be killed, u have to accept both to fight. Tara, Amanda,Shayna,Roxanne, they steped into the ring with same mind. They will fight against Debi with honors and preasure s, Im VERY sure. Its all the matter of timing for them.

    Molly fought against Damm under terible situation, Tama chan fought against Molly, Akano knowing they r tough oponents. Roxanne challenged Marloes Coenen in the cage of that scary elimination K-Grace. Mega Megu went to canada to fight against lisa with joy, Lisa fought knowing her weight disadvantage against Megu. Rosi will face to Megu knowing Megu is a dangerous submission fighter. And now Tara is waiting for the war in November

    Dont u see the diferences between them and EliteXC`s treatmento for Gina?If u claim that Gina has to play the role of “face” of female MMA b4 she fights, thats ok, we jusy dont count her as a “Fighter”.

    Your logic is already stucked in the blind alley picking up names of fighters of another sports, starting the old old old comparison of striker and grappler. we should move to another topic in another thread,
    Top

    GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:17 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

    Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 am
    Posts: 1576
    Location: Baja Cali/Vegas
    paw! that’s fine but whatever your issue should be with elitexc then not gina herself. if they are setting things up for gina to fight shayna she is ranked top 3 in the world so that is HARDLY protecting anyone. i agree these debates can go on and on until the fights actually happen so let’s just wait and see and i agree move on to a new topic and thread. and my analogy to other sports applied just fine imo, you or any others are welcome to your own views, as has been said, opinions are like….blah blah blah 😉

    koolpaw wrote:
    GRRRRR i hate my old laptop! it got crashed b4 i post and all i wrote were gone after rebooting laptop !!!

    Anyways, i dont see any worth to continue these arguments, ROBITA san the original maker of that “48kg ranking in japan” told same thing that EliteXC is protecting Gina not to hurt her status at the same time we agreed that Female MMA still needs ” face” like Gina Carano for advertisement.

    GFC, i dont call u “a nuthugger of Gina” but i see u r chasing urself to the corner of meaningless logics.

    think why debi is respected in Japan, she is not just a pioneer of this sport, she came to Fight under SG rule against Akano knowing her disadvantages without GnP. She said she doesnt count it “loss” but accepted SG `s official dicision as her fight record. Thats the mind every athlete MUST have, or thats the way of Samurai we call. u may kill, u may be killed, u have to accept both to fight. Tara, Amanda,Shayna,Roxanne, they steped into the ring with same mind. They will fight against Debi with honors and preasure s, Im VERY sure. Its all the matter of timing for them.

    Molly fought against Damm under terible situation, Tama chan fought against Molly, Akano knowing they r tough oponents. Roxanne challenged Marloes Coenen in the cage of that scary elimination K-Grace. Mega Megu went to canada to fight against lisa with joy, Lisa fought knowing her weight disadvantage against Megu. Rosi will face to Megu knowing Megu is a dangerous submission fighter. And now Tara is waiting for the war in November

    Dont u see the diferences between them and EliteXC`s treatmento for Gina?If u claim that Gina has to play the role of “face” of female MMA b4 she fights, thats ok, we jusy dont count her as a “Fighter”.

    Your logic is already stucked in the blind alley picking up names of fighters of another sports, starting the old old old comparison of striker and grappler. we should move to another topic in another thread,
    Top

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?