love at first fight

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Trigger
    Post subject: love at first fight Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:21 pm

hey girls! let me start by saying your all pretty kick ass. i’ve been reading the posts for the last few weeks and i’ve been blown away by how friendly and helpful everyone is. this has inspired me to ask for your help.
    my name is amanda (trigger is my dogs name 😉 ), i am 22 years old, and recently, i have discovered that i am hoplessly in love with BJJ. it is now my goal in life to earn a black belt at all costs and be as great as you ladies. i’ve been training for only four months but i am pretty certain its something i want to do for the rest of my life and i am wondering why in the world i didn’t start sooner.
    in my effort to be spectacular, i’m always looking for training strategies and excercises to help me improve my strength, technique, balance and coordination.
    if anyone would like to share training tips with me i would greatly appreciate it 😀 thanks so much! take care girls!

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:41 pm
    Instructor

Welcome to the forum!

We do a really cool solo grappling drill using a bigger (65cm or 75cm) swiss ball. You basically grapple the ball – it’s your opponent. Obviously you can’t submit it, but it’s great for working on the flow from one position to the next.

grappler_girl
    Post subject: A few training tipsPostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:06 pm

One really good way to work flow on the ground is to lie a heavy bag flat on the floor and tie a pair of sweat pants to the top ringlets (to simulate arms). Use this to work flow and keeping your body weight even; you’ll also be able to simulate some arm locks on the “arms”. I, also, think it is really important to have good stamina because it is a different type of cardio strength on the ground than standing. A really good DVD for this is Tony Ceccine’s Lucky 13. This is a really difficult video, and most people can barely get through the first 10 minutes, but it is a good measureing stick and if you can only do 3 minutes to start, continue using it and eventually you’ll be able to go longer and longer. And, last but not least, it may sound crazy, but get yourself a gripper (you can find them almost anywhere) and squeeze it a few times a day with each hand (of course you’ll want to skip some days as not to overwork your hands and forearms); your grappling partners will be surprised at your gripping ability and this will help with holding onto submissions. 😀
    I hope some of these are useful for you and good luck!

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:23 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Welcome to the site!!! I guess what makes this site great is all the topics and posts… I know there are a lot of people that just like to come and read but if you don’t post ever it gets old… feel free to post and spread the word !!!

Chad

Trigger
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:43 am

Thanks for the advice! You’re ideas are all great. I will definetly have to get myself a gripper. 😉

Thanks again!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?