Megumi Fujii vs. Michele Mills in Santa Monica Friday

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: Megumi Fujii vs. Michele Mills in Santa Monica Friday. PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:16 pm
    Pro Fighter

Megumi Fujii will wrestle Michele Mills of Jackson’s Gaidojitsu Friday, May 26th at the inagural Professional Submission League event: LA Sub X.

These two will be one of many featured match ups between the world’s top grapplers where the rules favor the submission artist over the point player.

Check out more at http://www.fightergirls.com

Also, Megumi has an outlet to her english speaking fan base with her official Myspace page. Check it out.

Josh

abuckner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:05 pm
    Pro Fighter

Josh,

I’m trying to find info on who to contact about competing in one of these events. If you can help at all can you email me at ammafighter1@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Amanda

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:35 pm

Do you actually roll with the little people @ AACC when you’re there?

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:58 am
    Pro Fighter

derUbermensc wrote:

Of course! I have been friends with Hiroyuki Abe since 1999 and Megumi since 2002. I have trained them many, many times and spent a lot of time working with the whole school on many things. Hell, I taught Hitomi Akano her first class!

Josh

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:51 pm

Josh Barnett wrote:
    derUbermensc wrote:

Of course! I have been friends with Hiroyuki Abe since 1999 and Megumi since 2002. I have trained them many, many times and spent a lot of time working with the whole school on many things. Hell, I taught Hitomi Akano her first class!

Josh

I just find it slightly humurous that the top guys @ AACC are like the size of your thigh, no disrespect intended. A friend and I run a MMA blog (Complete Vale Tudo Access) that reports exclusively on Japan, I was wondering if you could, if you’re there anytime before July, ask Masatoshi Abe some questions and report em back for the blog? 😳

BrianP
    Post subject: Josh Barnett and MMA?PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:21 am

And here I thought ‘our’ Josh was the actor! 😆

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:55 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Welcome to the site Josh!!! I have added pro fighter to your profile.

Chad

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: Thanks ChadPostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:32 am
    Pro Fighter

Thanks for the Pro Fighter tag and welcoming Chad. Maybe some of the posters here may not know that I have been a big supporter of womens MMA for a long time now.

I have helped Jeff in the past with his Hook-n-Shoot shows, helped get Japanese women into events in the US like Abu Dhabi, the PSL and Hook-n-Shoot. Plus I have trained fighters Shannon Hooper and Megumi Fujii as well as worked with other women fighters such as: Hitomi Akano, Sayaka Shioda, Tevi Say, Ikuko Tamada, Akinori, Fuuka, Yuuki Kubota, Angela Restad, Jennifer Hua and Ginelle Marquez.

I am a big believer in womens combatitive sports from wrestling to MMA. I think that there’s a world of talent out there if only people were willing to give a woman the same attention as they would a man.

Josh

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: Oh and Megumi’s match resultPostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:38 am
    Pro Fighter

I almost forgot. Megumi won by toehold in :48 of the first round. As always, I was very happy/proud!

Josh

derUbermensc
    Post subject: Re: Thanks ChadPostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:38 pm

Quote:
    Thanks for the Pro Fighter tag and welcoming Chad. Maybe some of the posters here may not know that I have been a big supporter of womens MMA for a long time now.

I have helped Jeff in the past with his Hook-n-Shoot shows, helped get Japanese women into events in the US like Abu Dhabi, the PSL and Hook-n-Shoot. Plus I have trained fighters Shannon Hooper and Megumi Fujii as well as worked with other women fighters such as: Hitomi Akano, Sayaka Shioda, Tevi Say, Ikuko Tamada, Akinori, Fuuka, Yuuki Kubota, Angela Restad, Jennifer Hua and Ginelle Marquez.

I am a big believer in womens combatitive sports from wrestling to MMA. I think that there’s a world of talent out there if only people were willing to give a woman the same attention as they would a man.

Josh

That’s definitely more than I’ll ever do talking shit and uploading fights here. Props

Quote:
    I almost forgot. Megumi won by toehold in :48 of the first round. As always, I was very happy/proud!

Damn

Hywel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:57 am

derUbermensc wrote:
    A friend and I run a MMA blog (Complete Vale Tudo Access) that reports exclusively on Japan

sorry to thread hijack but I love your website. Its fantastic.

Welcome to the forum Josh, I’d love to maybe do something with you for my magazine one day- if you’re interested please email me fomeditor@gmail.com

And congrats to Meguimi- I’ve met her (and Abe) twice now and they are such nice guys

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: InterviewsPostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:38 am
    Pro Fighter

DerUbermensch,

If you want, shoot me those questios and I will get them to Masatoshi Abe and who ever else you wish to interview over there.

Hywel,

Didn’t you contact me about wanting to do a piece on Megumi and Abe recently? At any rate you shoot me some questions for me, Megumi or Abe at josh@joshbarnett.tv

Amanda,

I can let the promoters know that you are interested in the PSL shows. They will contact if they have something open. Nice win last weekend.

Peace

Josh

http://www.fightergirls.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?