Megumi Fujii

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Eyedea
    Post subject: Megumi Fujii Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:39 am

could someone give me some information(bio,pics,video if possible) on her please Im really interested in see some of her fights so far I was only able to see her bouts a Adcc so If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated

Sudoraba
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:43 pm

A BRIEF PROFILE OF MEGUMI FUJI

Megumi Fuji is occassionally referred to as her nick name Meguji (MEGumi fUJI). She’s a Sambo phenom who trains out of AACC and fights at around 120 lbs. Her MMA career began with a fight 2004 Smackgirl event where Montoya and Tsuji fought, she choked out her opponent in less than a minute. She later fought Montoya herself in a Hook N Shoot event beating her by decision. She fought also in the 15th Anniversary Shooto event where she won by quick armbar. She has also fought in G-Shooto, the female version of Shooto. Through these four bouts she has went through undefeated and remains one of the most popular female MMA prospects in the global arena. She has also participated in the inaugural female division of ADCC placing 3rd in the under 60kg class.

Her strengths are possessing a degree of pound for pound athleticism that I don’t think any other female fighter can match right now. Her takedowns and especially her shoots are explosive in a way that is impressive compared to fighters of either smile. Great submissions. Ok standup, but really not tested there. All of this and she is s till relatively new to MMA. Give her another year and she’ll be challenging the Vale Tudo Queen, Yuka Tsuji.

Small tidbit, I understand that she’s dating Hiroyuki Abe, a Shooto fighter who is known for KOing Pequeno Nogueria. Presumably she is training striking with him as well.

GALLERY
    Last edited by Sudoraba on Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:11 am

And GINELE MARQUEZ armbarred her on November 7th, 2004.

Sudoraba
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:46 am

KhorneliusPraxx wrote:
    And GINELE MARQUEZ armbarred her on November 7th, 2004.
    I don’t think that was MMA as it’s not on fight finder. There was a Hook N Shoot Nov 6th though that year where Fuji beat Montoya. And Ginele Marquez won by armbar that event as well but over another opponent.

Otherwise I can’t find any record of the two meeting. Perhaps in submission grappling? Keep in mind that Ginele is a weight class above Fuji (who weighs less than 125 vs a 135er) and Fuji has been able to apply her grappling to an undefeated MMA record but hasn’t had the same run in pure grappling. Kyra Gracie for example beat her in Abudabi

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:44 am

I didn’t mean to be disrespectful and I’m sure it seemed that way, sorry.

Yeah, it was the day after. Most of the girls came back for a grappling tourny. Unfortunately no fans showed up. I thought at the time, “Am I the only person that paid for this?” I had respect for 90% of the women that participated in both events, including Fuji. Her fitness level was absolutely stunning. I have a history of pulling for the underdog and even though Ginele was heavier, the fact that Fuji was a pro fighter shipped in from Japan and beat Montoya the night before, I figured that Ginele was the underdog. I was impressed to see how good she did.

Plus, I like her smile 😛
    and when you cheer for a fighter, isn’t stuff like that really important. 🙄

Lawless
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:00 am

Here are some of the pictures from the fight between Fuji and Erica Montoya.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:30 am

…and that is Maura and I under Fuji’s left foot. 🙂

Eyedea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:04 pm

Thank you all Very Much I also just came across this

Her Blog 🙂

chamcham
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:15 pm

Megumi Fujii in a pro-wrestling match!
    No, I’m not joking.

Almost too funny.

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: Not a bad try…PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:01 pm
    Pro Fighter

Pretty decent summary of Fujimegu ‘s (not Meguji LOL) career so far. She is 7-0 overall with her first fight being in Amateur Shooto. I was one of the first people to get her involved in MMA and booked her for ADCC along with Yuuki Kubota (now Kondo). She’s my little phenom. And you’re right; her athleticism is amazing at a level when comapred to both smile.

For more info on her and pics go here:

and here: http://www.fightergirls.com

Josh

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:48 am

No one’s seemed to mention that she also trains the gals @ ADCC

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?