Message about Tanya From Pete

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

debi
    Post subject: Message about Tanya From Pete Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:53 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Everyone,

Tanya passed away this morning at 7:35 a.m. at the Ottawa General Hospital.

There will be visitation at the Barker Funeral Home in Carleton Place Thursday March 22nd from 2:00 to 4:00 and from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m…

The funeral will be on Friday March 23rd (a correction) at 1:00 p.m. with a reception at the Carleton Place Heritage following.

I was by her side; she has been fighting an incredible battle for the last week.

She was diagnosed three weeks ago with stage IV bone cancer that has metastasized to her lungs.

Tanya was taken to the hospital last Sunday. (They suspected blood clotting in her lungs.)

Clotting is common among cancer patients.

Last Monday her condition got steadily worse, on Tuesday they called the RACE team from ICU, her left lung had collapsed. They placed a drain in her left chest cavity, draining 3 liters of fluid (almost 3/4 of a U.S. gallon.) Her condition improved remarkably within minutes. Her lung re-expanded and she could breath normally again.

Her symptoms returned Wednesday morning. They mentioned that they may have to place a drain on the right side. They sent her for a CT scan.

The Doctor called me out and showed me her CT scan from Sunday and compared it to Wednesday. What they though was fluid on the right side was a tumor the size of a softball. IT WAS NOT THERE ON SUNDAY!!! It had grown in 4 days. The other tumors in her lungs were now the size of golf balls instead of pees. The Doctor mentioned that they have never seen a cancer this aggressive.

Friday she started slurring her words. I asked the Oncologist whether she was being over medicated. He said no, the medication only takes away the feeling of drowning. Her lungs were failing and It was the lack of oxygen getting to her brain, like being trapped in a coal mine that was causing her symptoms.

Sunday she became non responsive.

Monday they pulled her IV, feeding tube and discontinued her anti-biotic and blood thinners.

She was not in pain, the morphine kept her comfortable.

You would have been proud of her courage, her strength. She fought way beyond anything I could have done. To have your lungs fail is the most horrific thing that could have happened to anybody.

She was a true warrior.

She turned 49 on December 18th, 2006. Her mother died of the same cancer.

She asked that no one mourn her death, that we could only celebrate her life.

Tanya, all I can promise is;

When I feel weak I will remember your strength.

When I feel tired I will remember your resilience.

When I feel scared I will remember you courage.

But most of all I will remember you!

Pete

BrawlerBitch
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:52 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, as I sure everyone here is.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:53 am

Evansville sends their condolences.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?