MFC 8 card in costa rica

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

adriennaaj
    Post subject: MFC 8 card in costa rica- Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:28 pm
    Pro Fighter

Wanted to wish the ladies a very safe travel and healthy bodies till fight time; Its not till august 19th, but hey- you know:).
    Amanda Buckner – Tara Larosa (135)
    Molly Hessel (stepped up a few weeks ago) – Megumi Fuji (135)
    Ladies, take lots of pictures please, I mean how cool! Costa Rica-
    Aloha,
    AJ Jenkins

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:31 pm
    Instructor

Wow! I had no idea this was in Costa Rica! And wow! Molly vs. Megumi is big news! Good luck to all the ladies; I know it’ll be an awesome night of fights!

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:48 pm

135? Jesus christ

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:28 pm

I think Fujii’s gonna challenge Erin Toughill next

Hywel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:55 am

I think its both intriguing and saddening that while Meguimi obviously has the confidence to take on opponents way out of her weight class, that there aren’t more suitable opponents at her weight.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:13 am
    Pro Fighter

Megumi Fuji is not 135, but she is starting to go up in weight to find a challenge, I guess? Hey, she submitted Tama chan who was like 135.5. I watched her slap on a toe hold in 10 seconds in the grappling tourney, and choke my teammate almost unconcious in 30 seconds. Molly should train hard and work on submission defenses, and maybe strikes. Try and play her own game and don’t get sucked into Fuji’s.

Mandy_Aus
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:12 pm

Hello Ladies

Its been a while since i’ve been around here. I’m not sure whats happened but a replacement fighter is required to fight Molly on this show and it’s something i’m seriously considering right now.

Does anyone know much about this show??

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:16 pm
    Instructor

MFC, as a promotion, seems to be very reputable. This show in specific, I know nothing about…other than LaRosa is fighting Buckner!

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:19 pm

Quote:
    I think its both intriguing and saddening that while Meguimi obviously has the confidence to take on opponents way out of her weight class, that there aren’t more suitable opponents at her weight.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:47 am
    Instructor

What’s funny is that they listed the Megumi/Molly fight at 135 lbs. but they are looking for someone at 125 to fight Molly now. Sooooo…….why was the fight at 135 in the first place?

BrianP
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:10 am

Megumi is hot! Ok, i digress.

i would go to this fight in costa rica but the last time i was there, i could not get off my surfboard and almost did not leave!!!!

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:38 am
    Pro Fighter

Hey ladies!

Well your guess is as good as mine as to what is going on. All I know is Megumi is definitely out. I have not heard for sure whether or not there is a replacement, but I am still training as if I will fight. We’ll see… I think we all know that this stuff happens all the time, so I have gotten used to not letting myself get super upset (but I am).

Just for clarification – the fight was originally supposed to be at 125 (that must have been a typo) They are looking for a replacement anywhere from 125 to 135.

I will try to keep you updated as I get information – but honestly – I am finding out things faster here!

Aloha, Molly

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:44 pm

I forgot to ask about your fight. I know Villasenor is out and Chael is in.

MFC is now owned by Bodog.com which is owned by Calvin Ayres. Ayres has a separate webpage for his foundation which if it can all be believed sounds pretty cool. Bodog themselves are reportedly the largest internet gampbling site. Calvin made his money from software development. I’m told he is around #750 or so on the Forbes rich list.

Miguel is their matchmaker. That is all I need to know. Miguel used to do HOOKnSHOOT when they started the women’s divisions. He moved on to AFC for a while, not sure to what extent he is there now. He is also the Abu Dhabi susmission fighting worlds matchmaker/spokesperson.

The show is not the 19th, it is the 22nd. Most of us leave the 19th (yes, including me).

I’ll post galleries when I can but don’t know what internet will be like down there.

Tough job but somebody has to do it,
    Keith Mills

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:20 pm
    Pro Fighter

Well the whole thing is completely cancelled for me. I was notified yesterday that I could not go, and we were supposed to be leaving tomorrow morning.

Needless to say, I am REALLY bummed out. Not just because I can’t fight or that I can’t go – but I really faced alot of challenges preparing for this fight.

Next time I guess….. 🙁

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:09 pm

They informed me for the first time of a non-disclosure form the day after I arrived. 😯 I was supposed to cover it for FCF. 👿

It is also very humid here so we are all going through 2-3 t-shirts a day with sweat. All of the shirts I brought are FCF ones. 🙄

If I’m ever allowed to share photos it won’t be for a couple weeks. I don’t think I’ll be writing about it anywhere. I can’t tell you what is going on or who wins. Technically I don’t even think I can verify I’m in Costa Rica! Check Bodog’s website in about two weeks.

All I can tell you is I’m looking forward to getting home and hugging my girlfriend for a looooong time. 🙁

” “,
    KM

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:19 pm
    Pro Fighter

keep up the good work!!

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:21 am

Do we have results?

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:16 am

Non-disclosure agreement lasts three years. Ask me in two years, eleven months, and thirty days. I’m pretty sure they are going to leak from the gyms real quick but I have *nothing* to do with it. I cannot post galleries that indicate in any way who won for three years without their permission also. Please stop asking by e-mail (you know who you are).

KM

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:31 pm
    Instructor

Soooooo…..who is officially releasing the results? It’s not on MFC’s website. 😡

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:37 pm

non-disclosure, wtf?

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:13 pm
    Pro Fighter

So do we have to wait until it’s on TV? when are they airing it?

Seth
    Post subject: EventuallyPostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:14 am

Maybe we can find out who won after the 3 year non-disclosure term passes.
    🙁

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:55 pm
    Pro Fighter

Okay, I talked to Miguel and he wouldn’t tell me who won over the phone. lol He said it was an EXCELLENT fight, though. Apparently it’s going to be aired in episodes, sort of like the TUF , so the contract is the same because there are going to be fights at the end, and since people are paying to see it, they have to keep it secret.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?