This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Woody
    Post subject: MMA CostsPostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:16 am

Aside from travel/personal equipment/training expenses, are there any competition fees I should know about before fighting MMA?
    Also, how do you get on a fighting card? Do you just walk up to wherever bouts are going on and say “I want to go up against this guy or that guy?” Curious cause I don’t know. Any thoughts? Oh yeah, and, do you have to have a blackbelt in at least one art to qualify for competition?
    Woody

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:49 am
    Pro Fighter

Typically promotors pay YOU to fight amateur or pro. To get on a fighting card, you need to have a specific promotion in mind. Then you email or call the promotor and tell him your credentials, just lik you’re applying for a job. I guess you could suggest an opponant, but I always figured it was just like applying for a job where you’re not responsible for the actual match making. the promotor is. You shouldn’t have to have a black belt, but it “looks good on your resume.” 🙂 I certainly don’t. I’d have at least 2 years or more of training under your belt, though, or a promotor might not take you as seriously.

personal equpitment…I dunno, mouth guard, gloves, but the promotor’s have all given me their approved gloves for the show. You’ve been training for a while, right? Or are you thinking about starting?

resonant evil
    Post subject: the valleyPostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:56 pm

were are you in the valley? (woody)

i grew up there. Stockton mostly. 1 – 11 grade in school.

Woody
    Post subject: MMA CostsPostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:56 am

I have been training a total of ten years in a few areas of Martial Arts formally, including a bit of weapons, since age 16. Last year was my first bit of grappling and this year is boxing, which is coming along quite well. I’m in the South San Joaquin area, and have moved around quite a bit. You’ll find in my future correspondences that I tend not to give too much detail about myself for needed privacy reasons, which I’m sure you all can understand. I so appreciate your responses, as they really help. Thank you.
    Woody

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?