MMA(NHB) Training vs Separate Disciplines(Muay Thai + BJJ)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

feldmanfighter
    Post subject: MMA(NHB) Training vs Separate Disciplines(Muay Thai + BJJ) Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:38 am
    Amateur Fighter

SOOO, I’m moving to NYC and I’m having a hard time find the right place to train MMA…mostly it’s because schools offer one or the other and they don’t have a NHB program.

It’s too expensive to pay for two separate schools (i.e. a BJJ academy and a muay thai or boxing academy) I’m not willing to give up my formal GI training for BJJ because I think it’s too crucial to my overall success…But, I also don’t want to lose my stand up skills, so something has got to give. But what?!?

Just was looking for pointers on where to train in NYC but more importantly, how to I obtain the skills necessary to compete in MMA if I don’t have access to even one class a week that concentrates on combining all your skills??

thanks xoxo.

Ruby
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:18 am

I train over in NJ and our school trains. Muay Thai, BJJ (GI and No GI), and ValeTudo.

My suggestion is to either pick one or the other ( due to close location), or broaden your search base to places like NJ.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:38 pm
    Instructor

If you decide that you want to train MMA and don’t mind a bit of a drive you should look up Paul Myatovich. He’s in North Brunswick, NJ and is a phenomenal coach.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:56 am
    Instructor

Well I feel like an idiot….I forgot all about Christian Montes! He is another Straight Blast Gym coach who is actually in NYC! Here’s his website:
    I’ve never seen him teach / coach but he is a very nice guy. It looks like you get to try a class for free to see if you like it.
    Hope this helps!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?