Molly Helsel vs Sarah Kaufman

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: Molly Helsel vs Sarah Kaufman Post Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:15 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

on March 29 in Quebec, Canada. Best wishes Molly…..kick some ass and bring that title home! 🙂

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:47 am

Just wanted to mention that Sarah Kaufman won the first ever womens bout in Montreal based MMA company TKO. So companies in Quebec starting to use women on their shows is very good for the business.

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:41 am

Molly is gonna be killed, Kaufman KOed or TKOed every single one of her opponents, she is no joke.

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:29 am
    Pro Fighter

I am certainly not taking her as a joke, I am well aware of how skilled she is. But if you think I am going to be “killed” then you are highly delusional.

P.S. I have NEVER been KO’d or TKO’d, I don’t plan on starting now…

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:24 pm
    Pro Fighter

molly is hella tough though and has fought good strikers before. i definitely dont see her getting GnP’d for a TKO.
    go molly, use that to your advantage.

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:20 pm

Maulinator wrote:
    I am certainly not taking her as a joke, I am well aware of how skilled she is. But if you think I am going to be “killed” then you are highly delusional.

P.S. I have NEVER been KO’d or TKO’d, I don’t plan on starting now…
    I keep forgetting that the fighters post on here, because I’m so used to them not reading and responding to what’s posted on the forums 😆 . I’m glad that you’re confident, because you sure will need to be.

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:36 pm
    Pro Fighter

Not that I care, but I’m curious why you think I am going tp be “killed”

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:16 pm
    Pro Fighter

and im curious to know why the posts are laced with such attitude.

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:21 pm

Maulinator wrote:
    Not that I care, but I’m curious why you think I am going tp be “killed”
    Maybe the word “killed” was a little extreme, I take that back. Maybe a better word would be “underdog”, because of the way Sarah Kaufman has been walking through her opponents. So without giving away your fight plan, how do you prepare for the intensity of Sarah Kaufman?

oslooskar
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:11 am

Sako wrote:
    Molly is gonna be killed
    I dont think so; in fact, Id be willing to wager that Kaufman is in for a real war at the very least.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:51 am
    Instructor

It’s definitely going to be a tough fight but I know that Molly will give her a war! Good luck Molly!

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:09 am

Here’s a cool interview with Molly about the fight.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:21 am

Gee…not sure who I want to win this…

oh, yeah…I will cheer for her…
    <——————————-

😉

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:28 pm
    Pro Fighter

Molly’s been used to her hardknocks and comes out smiling 😉 and then swinging back ~lol. I think molly’s coming back home with a nice new title. Go Mualinator!

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:42 pm
    Pro Fighter

Sako – I can deal with underdog. I have almost always been the underdog and I almost prefer it that way. When I am training for this fight, for any fight – I am preparing to fight Randy Couture or Chuck Lidell or BJ Penn or GSP. That’s the way see it. So the question is – is she prepared for MY intensity?

Like I said before, I am not taking this fight lightly AT ALL. I know this is going to be a very tough fight. But even in the fights that I have lost, I don’t feel that I have ever been “beaten”. I don’t feel like I have ever been completely owned in any of my fights. She will not “walk through” me, and that my friend, is a guarantee.

Everyone else, thanks for your support. It truly does mean a lot to me.

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:35 pm

underdog? i dont see any “underdogs” in this match-up seriouslly.
    i only see Molly against a Canadian bull-do…. oops.

Kaufman must be the hometown fav. of course, but HCF called tough fighter from the states to test their girl. it could be Too tough, they are taking the risk to lose the belt of 135 lbs.

i would call this just “Great mutch-up”. Thers no wonder they placed Molly vs. Kaufman as co-main event for the show.

Sorry molly i have watched another Sarah Kaufman`s fight on Youtube b4 . its already deleted but i didnt save the video 🙄

in case of some one may find out to watch deleted videos on youtube other than using “deletube”. heres the old URL of Sarah Kaufman vs Valerie Letourneau @ TKO 29.

oslooskar
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:25 pm

Maulinator wrote:
    But even in the fights that I have lost, I don’t feel that I have ever been “beaten
    I will go so far as to say that I personally thought you were robbed of the decision when you fought Carina Damm.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:39 pm

uh, not only was the Damm fight at the least a solid draw, Molly also beat someone named Lisa Ward who I’ve heard is pretty good. 😛 in addition, most of her losses were close wars which could have gone either way. prob along with Debi’s her record is the most deceiving of anyone and what she is actually capable of…

at the same time performance-wise Sarah K has been an f’n beast, so I’d say whoever wins or loses neither should have anything to feel bad about, hopefully just another great fight either way…

peak
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:02 am

This is going to be a good fight.

Molly is very skilled and very tuff. Sako, I wouldn’t count Molly out of any fight.

I haven’t logged into this site (except for yesterday) for quite a while and this is a great surprise. This fight is only about an hour away for me. I guess I will be buying tickets!

Pete

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:43 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

GOO MOllllYY

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:45 am

molly you can win this—
    sara fights like tito ortiz
    where is he now—ha ha…
    molly
    you will be taken down
    but her stand up is not that great
    practice your stand up
    ..play a mobile guard
    stand up from the guard
    when she does damage
    you will need lots of cardio
    and hope her cardio is bad
    she will fall into your half guard
    and she will punch your head and body
    ..just remain elusive/choose your shots..
    do not do not try to out muscle her..
    i think ginelle tried to out muscle..
    use traps so you can score knees and elbows
    when you fight from the ground..
    ..you will be in the guard all day…
    just make her pay when she takes you down
    …ask your coach for power punches
    before sara takes you down
    do not play submission with her/
    use traps…trap an arm trap a leg
    and give elbows..if you go for submission and miss
    she will hurt you…she has more power..
    well so long….hope you win
    ..and this advice will cost $$$950.00 thank you—

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:32 pm

HCF “Crows Nest” in Quebec! Full Coverage & Report

“Sarah Kaufmann vs Molly Helsel
    Womens Lightweight Championship
    Quote:
    Round 1
    The women mean business!! Molly rushes in and throws some quick punches but Sarah quickly grabs a hold of Mollys head and lands a big knee to the chest. Aggressive opening seconds to the fight as both fighters flurrying each other with jabs and crosses. WOW these ladies do not stop!! Sarah is able to press Molly up against the cage and lands some more knees. Both fighters remain in the clinch and trade shots. Sarah just unleashes a barrage of punches and is trying to finish the fight. Both fighters remain clinched and trading shots. Sarah takes Molly to the ground and works in her open guard. Sarah gets up quickly and stalks her prey. They clinch against the fence again. Molly lands a nice jab as Sarah returns the favor by landing a nice uppercut. The ref looks like he is about to stop the fight but Molly is able to defend and the bell rings to end the round.

Round 2
    Both fighters are pushing the tempo. Sarah is vicious with her attacks. Molly is covering up but also letting go herself. Both fighters are letting it all out in the cage. Sarah is barraging Molly with a flurry and the ref halts the action. Molly is very upset with the call and Sarah is jumping in excitement that she is now 7-0 in her pro MMA career. Sarah remains the HCF womens lightweight champ. ”
    oh well, this should be
    REMATCH !!!! 😈

feldmanfighter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:05 am
    Amateur Fighter

Molly-
    I just read your interview and then hopped over to fight finder to take a look at your statistics and I just want to say… you’re the kind of fighter I think we should all emulate.

I don’t mean technically because everyone has their own styles, their own resources, and their own talents. More importantly I mean your mind set. You have a great attitude about winning, losing, taking chances and being realistic.

I just thought I’d tell you that you truly motivated me today. Thank you, and best of luck with your upcoming fight.

Lauren

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:24 am
    Pro Fighter

I meant to reply to this thread way earlier….

Wow. Where do I begin? Firstly, I was a little scared to check the internet after the fight. I really didn’t feel like reading all about how I got my ass handed to me. I was really surprised to hear so much positive feedback.

I remember reading that someone said they were not sure if Sarah was as tough/skilled a fighter as all the hype was about. Well from personal experience – believe the hype! Not only was Sarah by far the toughest opponent I have ever faced, she was super classy and very respectable. She is an excellent role model for other female fighters out there. She does not claim to be the best, but IMO she is quickly on her way there. We are talking about a girl that did not go to the after party. Rather she got up first thing in the morning the next day and went running. That is a true athlete. I can’t say enough about how good she was at executing her gameplan and just being a hell of a lot tougher to handle than one might think from watching videos.

As for me, well yeah I am really dissapointed in my performance. I feel like I have more skill than I showed that night, but I do feel like I left it all in the cage. I have a feeling she is going to be one of those fighters where when people look at my record they will be surprised that I didn’t get completely KO’d by her LOL. Yes, I felt like it was an early stoppage. In my mind I felt like I was OK and I wanted to keep fighting. I knew going into the fight I was going to have to weather the initial storm. I wanted to take her into deep water – past the 2nd round. I wanted to test her – and myself – in the later rounds but never got the opportunity to. I knew I was going to have to dig deep to win this fight.

All in all, now that I have had time to reflect back on the fight, it was a good experience for me. I have never lost a fight like that. Even though I am upset about the stoppage I can only blame myself for letting it get to the point where it was questionable. Now the experience is just another one of many amazing experience I have gone through in this journey. I can mark this one off my list – Get TKO’d by Sarah Kaufman, check 😀

The good thing is I keep hearing over and over again that our fight was the best of the night. I think all in all – beyond winning the fight it was both our goal to put on a good show for the crowd and let people know that the women come to fight and have the skill to back it up. Though not my most technical fight, it seems like most people enjoyed watching us.

Difficult to deal with and hard to admit I got my ass kicked, but I definitely took many things away from it. I think the hardest thing is now is I have a losing record again. I had worked so hard to get things balanced out – I could see the light on the horizon. Now I have to take a step back and see where to go next. What do I do take some scrub fights and try to repair my record? No, not my style. I think my record is beyond repair, so now I just look forward to keep challenging myself and fight the best.

Lauren, I really appreciate your comments. I always try to be a “glass half full” kind of girl, but it gets hard when you keep having to face defeat time and time again. There are many times I question – what the hell am I doing? At this stage I will probably never be anyones poster girl, or have an impecable record etc. But at the end of the day the answer to that question is that I love this sport. I could not imagine my life without it. I need to fight, it’s my therapy. Win or lose it is the first thing that I have ever done in my life that makes me feel like I am worth a shit in this world. Win, lose or draw I have come way to far to quit now, I can’t turn my back on the sport that has done so much for me in growing as a person.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?